Swyft Filings LLC Service Review (Advantages & Disadvantages)
Having opened in 2012, Swyft Filings is a relatively young company in the crowded LLC formation service industry.
Still, with thousands of businesses served, they’ve already managed to carve out a significant market share despite heavy competition.
With this Swyft Filings LLC service review, you’ll find the information you need to decide if you want to use their services for your company.
Advantages & Disadvantages
Advantages of Swyft Filings:
– Their base rate of $49 is among the least expensive options for LLC formation service in the entire industry. It’s a tough price point to beat.
– With the Swyft Filings 100% satisfaction guarantee, they’ll refund their service fees with no questions asked if you’re unhappy for any reason.
– Swyft Filings receives fantastic feedback from their clients. No matter where you look online, you’ll find hundreds if not thousands of positive customer reviews for Swyft Filings.
– For cash-strapped entrepreneurs, Swyft Filings allows you to pay for your LLC formation in two installments rather than all up front. That can make a big difference for companies on a budget.
– Even their cheapest formation package includes a 30-minute business tax consult and lifetime company alerts, so although it’s inexpensive it’s still not a stripped down offering.
Disadvantages of Swyft Filings:
– None of their LLC formation packages include registered agent service. Seeing as they charge an annual rate of $149 for registered agent, that’s a major added expense.
Swyft Filings LLC Formation Packages
Swyft Filings gives their customers 3 options when it comes to LLC formation packages: Basic, Standard, and Premium. Each has its own price point and feature set, and for all the details you can check them out for yourself on their website.
Basic = $49 + State Fee
– Preparation and Filing of Articles of Organization: To officially form your company with the state, Swyft Filings will prepare these forms, then file them with the Secretary of State’s office in your state of formation.
– Name Availability Verification: They’ll search through your state’s official business database to make sure there aren’t any other companies using the same name you want to use for your new LLC.
– Lifetime Customer Support: You’ll receive as much phone and email support as you require, throughout the life cycle of your business.
– 30-Minute Business Tax Consultation: A no-obligation consult session with a national accounting firm to discuss how your business is taxed, how to use business bank accounts, and much more.
– ComplianceGuard Company Alerts: With Swyft Filings, you’ll gain access to their corporate compliance tool, which keeps track of important filing deadlines so that you won’t ever have to worry about missing a due date with your state of formation. You can also access your incorporation documents here.
– One Year Free Domain Name: They’ll provide a domain name for your business website free of charge for one year. After that, you’ll need to pay for your own domain, which is usually $20/year or less.
Standard = $149 + State Fee
Everything from the Basic package, plus…
– Federal Tax ID Number (EIN): This is basically the business equivalent of a Social Security Number. It’s a nine-digit code that you can use to hire employees, pay business taxes, open business bank accounts, and more.
– LLC Operating Agreement: This document outlines the ownership structure of your new company, and also defines some rules and regulations about how the LLC will be operated. Swyft Filings will draft this important document for you.
– Banking Resolution: A document listing the people who are authorized to open a bank account for your LLC. This feature is somewhat redundant, seeing as an EIN is included in this package as well.
– Organizational Minutes: This form helps you set up your first meeting as an LLC, which is known as the organizational meeting. It’s not required by law that you use minutes for this meeting, or even hold the meeting in the first place, but if you want to, this document could be helpful.
Premium = $299 + State Fee
Everything from the Standard package, plus…
– Digital Corporate Kit: An electronic version of a classic LLC kit and seal. This feature includes a digital “seal” that represents your company, a ledger to track ownership transfers, and customized stock certificates for your ownership group.
– Business Website and 3 Months Hosting: Through their partnership with an unnamed third-party website builder service, you can get a basic business website made from one of their pre-made templates. Keep in mind that you will be required to cover hosting fees yourself after your three-month trial is up.
What Are Other Entrepreneurs Saying?
Swyft Filings is a highly popular LLC formation service, as evidenced by the fact that there are thousands of online customer reviews. Most of their feedback is available on Shopper Approved, but there’s several hundred reviews on TrustPilot as well.
Considering how many reviews they have, it’s even more impressive that they maintain such high average scores. If you want to know more about their customer experience, we recommend reading through some reviews for 10-15 minutes. In short, their clients couldn’t be much happier, especially when it comes to how quickly Swyft Filings processes orders.
– Shopper Approved: 4.5 out of 5 stars (17,598 reviews)
– Trustpilot: 9.0 out of 10 stars (467 reviews)
Is There a Better Swyft Filings Alternative?
If it isn’t clear by now, we’re big fans of what Swyft Filings has to offer as an LLC service. Still, there are so many companies offering formation service these days that there’s really no reason to choose a provider that doesn’t feel like a perfect fit for your unique business. With that in mind, let’s briefly discuss IncFile, our favorite alternative to Swyft Filings.
While Swyft Filings and IncFile have the same base rate of $49, IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service with any LLC service package ― a feature Swyft Filings doesn’t include in any package, and charges $149 to add on. IncFile also has weekend customer support availability, whereas Swyft Filings is only available from Monday through Friday.
It’s a close call, but IncFile is usually the better option in our opinion.
Is Swyft Filings Right For You?
Swyft Filings is a strong company that’s generated a lot of growth in the few years they’ve been around. They’ve gotten so popular for a reason, as their customers clearly have few regrets about their decision to go with Swyft Filings over one of their many competitors.
Still, they’re not going to be the right answer for all businesses, so let’s walk through some scenarios in which you may or may not want to become a Swyft Filings customer.
When to Use Swyft Filings:
If the combination of low prices and a 100% satisfaction guarantee from a company on the rise interests you, then Swyft Filings should be a good choice for your business.
When NOT to Use Swyft Filings:
The lack of registered agent service in all of their LLC formation packages is a pretty major disadvantage for Swyft Filings. Some of their competitors offer a full year of registered agent with LLC service.
Swyft Filings is a quick and effective option for LLC formation service. There are ways to save some money by bundling registered agent service together in a package with your LLC service, like with IncFile. Still, Swyft Filings has a lot going for them to form your business.
Frequently Asked Swyft Filings Questions
Does Swyft Filings Offer Any Discounts?
We couldn’t find any active discounts, but Swyft Filings offers low rates to begin with, so that’s not really a concern.
Does Swyft Filings Have Good Customer Support?
They certainly do. Swyft Filings has knowledgeable and helpful customer support representatives available to field your questions from 10am to 7pm ET every weekday.
Do They Have a Refund Policy?
With Swyft Filings, you’ll receive a 100% satisfaction guarantee with any purchase, including LLC formation. If you’re unhappy with their service for any reason, they’ll provide a refund with no questions asked.
Can I Form an LLC on My Own?
You always have this option, and in fact quite a few entrepreneurs do form their own LLCs. The issue is that it can be considerably more work than some might expect, as you’ll need to track down your state-specific compliance requirements and create your articles of organization yourself. On the other end of the spectrum, some people choose to hire a lawyer to form an LLC, but this is typically much more expensive than an online LLC service.