Swyft Filings vs IncFile (Which is Better to Form an LLC?)
Are you trying to form an LLC, but you’d rather not go it alone? LLC service providers like Swyft Filings and IncFile can significantly simplify the formation process for you, but how do you decide which one is the right choice?
In this Swyft Filings vs IncFile LLC service comparison, you’ll find clear and concise information about their commonalities and differences, which should make your decision easier. Let’s find out which company best suits your new LLC.
* Quick Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
Swyft Filings and IncFile are remarkably similar LLC service providers. They have the same baseline price point of $49, and their feature sets are largely quite comparable as well. The most important difference between them is the fact that IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service in any of their LLC formation packages, which is a feature Swyft Filings lacks.
If you would like to learn more about these two popular LLC formation services, read on to get all the details you need to make a smart decision for your new company.
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: Regardless of which provider you end up choosing to help form your LLC, you’ll be making a financially sound decision. Compared to hiring a lawyer to draft and file your formation papers, Swyft Filings and IncFile can both save you hundreds of dollars.
2) Customer Support: Even though you’re saving a bunch of money, you still won’t be going the full DIY route. Both IncFile and Swyft Filings have customer support networks that can answer your tough questions. Instead of wasting time trying to find the answers on your own, you can invest that time into growing your business.
3) Experience: Do you prefer to do business with companies that have extensive track records? These providers have both formed thousands of businesses over the years, meaning Swyft Filings and IncFile are trustworthy, legitimate LLC services with years of experience.
4) Speed: If you need to form your new LLC quickly, both Swyft Filings and IncFile offer expediting services that can cut your turnaround times down from several weeks to just a few days, depending on your state of formation.
5) Customer Reviews: Swyft Filings and IncFile both get excellent feedback from their many customers. Both companies have thousands of reviews all over the web, and they both still maintain impressively high average rating scores.
6) Security: Is your online security a priority? You won’t need to worry with these providers. IncFile and Swyft Filings both use Norton Web Security to encrypt data transfers and defend their sites against malware.
7) Additional Services: Do you need additional business services beyond your LLC formation? These companies both offer dozens of other services that help you start and run your compliant company. Whether you need registered agent, a federal tax ID number (EIN), or a number of other business solutions, they’ve got you covered.
Side by Side Comparisons
Swyft Filings and IncFile share the exact same price point for basic LLC formation service, at $49 plus state fee. It’s worth noting that if you’re on a tight budget, Swyft Filings allows you to pay for your formation in installments rather than all up-front, and they also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that serves as a welcome safety net.
Their LLC service packages are quite similar, with one major difference. IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service at no extra charge with any formation package, whereas Swyft Filings doesn’t include registered agent with any LLC service. Other than that, IncFile and Swyft Filings offer nearly identical feature sets. (What is a registered agent?)
Swyft Filings formed in 2012, but despite being a fairly young company they’ve already formed thousands of businesses. IncFile has more experience, with over 150,000 business formations since they opened in 2004.
For the most part, both of these companies have service departments that are quite good. They both have helpful, professional support representatives that can answer your tough questions. They even have the exact same hours of operation from 10am to 7pm ET on weekdays.
The only major difference between their support systems is that IncFile can sometimes take a while to get back to you. We have personally waited over 24 hours to get a response from IncFile, for example. Other than that, both companies do a nice job with customer support.
IncFile and Swyft Filings have similar turnaround times that vary by state. Both services also offer expedited filings, depending on whether your state has an option for rush service.
We will note that in many states, Swyft Filings has estimates that are just a bit quicker than IncFile. Swyft Filings really does live up to their name in many ways.
This is another area where these providers are quite similar, as they both offer their customers convenient order status tracking tools on their websites. IncFile’s real-time tool is a bit fancier, but it’s a very minor preference on our part.
Registered Agent Service
We finally come across another area where these companies have a major difference. Swyft Filings has a $149 annual rate for registered agent, and they do not include this service with any of their LLC formation packages. On the other hand, IncFile not only includes a full year of registered agent with any LLC service, but their annual rate is just $119.
We mentioned this briefly earlier, but it would be tough to get much better customer feedback than Swyft Filings and IncFile receive. Both companies have thousands of online customer reviews, and even with such a high volume of feedback, it’s quite difficult to find many unsatisfied customers. This is a big pro for both of these services.
Ease of Use
IncFile and Swyft Filings compare relatively equally in this department as well. They both have user-friendly websites that are easily navigated, and their services are all extremely easy to execute. In fact, many times you just need to spend about 10 minutes filling out basic info, and they’ll take care of the rest.
Better Service to Form an LLC?
As you can see, Swyft Filings and IncFile probably have more in common than they have defining characteristics that set them apart from each other. Still, that doesn’t mean they don’t have their own advantages and disadvantages that make them more or less appealing to entrepreneurs.
Because these providers are so similar, it wouldn’t be surprising if some of you remain undecided. With that in mind, we’ll close by outlining a couple scenarios where you may be more or less inclined to use each service. No matter how you choose to form your company, we wish you nothing but the best with your new LLC!
Choose Swyft Filings if You Are:
Are you more comfortable purchasing services that are covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee? Are you on a tight budget and would like to pay for your formation in installments? These are two of the top reasons customers choose Swyft Filings over IncFile.
Choose IncFile if You Are:
If it’s important to you to get the lowest prices paired with fully featured service packages, IncFile is probably your best bet.