Swyft Filings vs IncFile (Which is Better?)
Are you forming an LLC, but you’d rather not go it alone?
In this Swyft Filings vs IncFile LLC service comparison, you’ll find clear and concise information about their commonalities and differences to help decide which is right for you.
* Quick Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
7 Things They Have In Common
- Affordable: Regardless of which provider you end up choosing to help form your LLC, you’ll be making a financially sound decision. Compared to hiring a lawyer, both online incorporation services save you hundreds of dollars.
- Customer Support: Even though you’re saving money, you still won’t be going the DIY route. Both LLC websites have customer support networks that can answer your tough questions. Instead of wasting time trying to find the answers on your own, you can invest that time into growing your business.
- Experience: Do you prefer to do business with companies that have extensive track records? These providers have both formed thousands of businesses over the years, meaning Swyft Filings and IncFile are trustworthy, legitimate LLC services with years of experience.
- Speed: If you need to form your new LLC quickly, both offer expediting services that can cut your turnaround times down from several weeks to just a few days, depending on your state of formation.
- Customer Reviews: They get excellent feedback from their customers. Both companies have thousands of reviews all over the web, and they both still maintain impressively high average rating scores.
- Security: Is your online security a priority? You won’t need to worry with these providers. IncFile and Swyft Filings both use Norton Web Security to encrypt data transfers and defend their sites against malware.
- Additional Services: Do you need additional business services beyond your LLC formation? These companies both offer dozens of other services that help you start and run your compliant company. Whether you need registered agent, a federal tax ID number (EIN), or a number of other business solutions, they’ve got you covered.
Side by Side Comparisons
Swyft Filings and IncFile share the exact same price point for basic LLC formation service, at $49 plus state fee. It’s worth noting that if you’re on a tight budget, Swyft Filings allows you to pay for your formation in installments rather than all up-front.
Their LLC service packages are quite similar, with one major difference. IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service at no extra charge with any formation package ($119 value), whereas Swyft Filings doesn’t include registered agent with any LLC service. (What is a registered agent?)
IncFile has a bit more experience, with over 150,000 business formations since they opened in 2004. Swyft Filings was founded in 2012, but despite being a fairly young company they’ve already formed thousands of businesses.
For the most part, both of these companies have service departments that are quite good. They both have helpful, professional support representatives that can answer your tough questions. They even have the exact same hours of operation from 10am to 7pm ET on weekdays.
The only major difference between their support systems is that IncFile can sometimes take a while to get back to you. I have personally waited over 24 hours to get a response from IncFile, for example. Other than that, both companies do a nice job with customer support.
IncFile and Swyft Filings have similar turnaround times that vary by state. I will note that in many states, Swyft Filings has estimates that are just a bit quicker than IncFile. Swyft Filings really does live up to their name in many ways.
This is another area where these providers are quite similar, as they both offer their customers convenient order status tracking tools on their websites. IncFile’s real-time tool is a bit fancier, but it’s a minor preference on my part.
Registered Agent Service
We once again come across another area where these companies have a major difference. Swyft Filings has a $149 annual rate for registered agent, and they do not include this service with any of their LLC formation packages. On the other hand, IncFile not only includes a full year with any LLC service, but their annual rate is just $119.
I mentioned this briefly earlier, but it would be tough to get much better customer feedback than Swyft Filings and IncFile get. Both companies have thousands of online customer reviews, and even with such a high volume of feedback, it’s quite difficult to find any unsatisfied customers. This is a big pro for both of these services.
Ease of Use
IncFile and Swyft Filings compare relatively equally in this department as well. They both have user-friendly websites that are easily navigated, and their services are all extremely easy to execute. In fact, many times you just need to spend about 10 minutes filling out basic info, and they’ll take care of the rest.
Which Should You Choose?
As you can see, Swyft Filings and IncFile probably have more in common than they have defining characteristics that set them apart from each other. Still, that doesn’t mean they don’t have their own advantages and disadvantages that make them more or less appealing to entrepreneurs.
Because these providers are so similar, it wouldn’t be surprising if you’re undecided. With that in mind, I’ll close by outlining a couple scenarios where you may be more or less inclined to use each service.
Choose Swyft Filings If: You are on a tight budget and would like to pay for your LLC formation in installments. These are two of the top reasons customers choose Swyft Filings over IncFile.
Choose IncFile If: It’s important to you to get the lowest prices paired with fully featured service packages (like free registered agent), IncFile is probably your best bet.