Incorporate.com LLC Service Review (Advantages & Disadvantages)
Incorporate.com has helped form 750,000+ companies since they opened for business way back in 1899.
There are many companies providing LLC formation services, but Incorporate.com has found a way to remain relevant for well over a century.
This Incorporate.com LLC service review is structured in a way that will hopefully give you a complete picture of their LLC formation process, and help you decide whether you’d like to use their services.
Advantages & Disadvantages
Advantages of Incorporate.com:
– Seeing as they originally opened in the 19th century, it goes without saying that no competitor can match their longevity. They’ve also formed over 750,000 businesses, so they certainly know what they’re doing.
– Incorporate.com’s Corporate Compliance Guarantee covers their formation services against any filing defects for the life of your business. If your filing is found to be invalid due to errors made by Incorporate.com, they will immediately resolve the issue or pay you up to $75,000.
– They have an extensive collection of comprehensive guides in their online Learning Center. Covering topics ranging from state-specific formation requirements to tax filings and deductions, there’s a wealth of information available to Incorporate.com customers.
Disadvantages of Incorporate.com:
– You can get LLC formation service at a lower price with some of their competitors. Incorporate.com’s basic formation package costs $99 and has fewer features than IncFile’s $49 package, for example. (See Top Services)
– Incorporate.com’s LLC formation service does not include registered agent service in any of their packages. Additionally, their registered agent service as an add-on is much more expensive than most competitors, at $235 per year. This is available from other companies for $100 or less.
– There isn’t much online customer feedback for Incorporate.com, and the reviews that we did find aren’t exactly highly complimentary. Not many of their online customer reviews are positive in nature.
Incorporate.com LLC Packages
Incorporate.com has three different packages for LLC formation: Starter, Essentials, and Works. You can take a look at all of the details as they present them on their website.
The Starter = $99 + State Fee
– Preparation and Filing of Articles of Organization: These documents officially form your LLC with the state. Incorporate.com will create these forms for you, then file them with your state of formation to create your new LLC.
– Name Availability Check: They will search your state’s official business database to determine if your desired LLC name is available, or if it’s already been claimed by someone else.
– Online Access to Company Documents: You’ll receive access to their online portal, where you can safely store and access your LLC formation documents.
The Essentials = $249 + State Fee
Everything from The Starter package, plus…
– Federal Tax ID Number (EIN): An EIN is basically a Social Security Number for your business, and it allows you to pay business taxes, hire employees, open business bank accounts, and more. Incorporate.com will obtain your EIN from the IRS.
– LLC Kit and Seal: A binder with your company name printed on it, along with a customized decorative seal, and some sample documents.
The Works = $349 + State Fee
Everything from The Essentials package, plus…
– Business License Research Package: With this service, Incorporate.com will identify which licenses, permits, and tax registrations your LLC requires to operate in a compliant fashion. They will provide you with the applications necessary to obtain these items, and also give you instructions for how to fill them out and file them.
– Operating Agreement: This is the document that describes your company’s ownership structure, and it’s also where you can lay out how you want your LLC to be operated. Incorporate.com will draft this important document for you.
Incorporate.com Customer Reviews
Despite the fact that they’ve been in operation for over a century, there are not many customer reviews online for Incorporate.com.
Strangely, nearly all of the positive reviews we tracked down were written in a roughly three-week stretch from 4/21/2014 to 5/13/2014 on Yelp. No review written outside that three-week window regarding Incorporate.com is positive, with the exception of one five-star review from 2016 on FitSmallBusiness.
We expected to find more feedback in general, and it’s especially odd that they apparently only inspired people to write positive reviews for a few weeks back in 2014. Depending on how much weight you place on customer feedback, this may or may not be a big deal to you, but it would be hard to spin it as a positive.
– Yelp: 2.0 out of 5 stars (31 reviews)
– FitSmallBusiness: 2.0 out of 5 stars (14 reviews)
– Better Business Bureau: 1.2 out of 5 stars (11 reviews)
Is There a Better Incorporate.com Alternative?
Incorporate.com is one of the leading LLC formation services available online, but that doesn’t mean they’re the perfect choice for every single business out there. There are many other options if you would like to consider what the competition has to offer.
Our favorite Incorporate.com alternative is IncFile. Their pricing starts at just $49, and that includes a full year of registered agent service, which Incorporate.com doesn’t include in any of their packages. In addition, IncFile has thousands of positive customer reviews all across the web.
These are both strong companies with solid LLC service offerings, but in general our preference is IncFile.
Is Incorporate.com Right For You?
Incorporate.com is a highly experienced company that’s capable of quickly and effectively forming your LLC. Of course, they won’t be the perfect answer for every entrepreneur, so we’ll wrap things up by discussing some scenarios where you may or may not want to use Incorporate.com for your LLC formation.
When to Use Incorporate.com:
If you place a high value on experience, a company that’s been around since 1899 likely appeals to you, and their Corporate Compliance Guarantee is a nice safety net.
When NOT to Use Incorporate.com:
If you want to save money, there are better options. For example, IncFile’s pricing starts at $49 and also includes a full year of registered agent service and other valuable extras. Another factor is that some competitors have a better history when it comes to customer feedback.
Incorporate.com isn’t the cheapest service, and they don’t have many additional features to speak of. However, they are a complete formation service that will cover every aspect of your compliant formation.
Frequently Asked Incorporate.com Questions
Does Incorporate.com Offer Any Discounts?
On occasion, you can find discounts for their services. For example, at the time of this writing, they were offering a $25 off coupon through Groupon.
Does Incorporate.com Have Good Customer Support?
Incorporate.com provides pretty standard customer support compared to other companies in this industry. They have phone and email support, and the quality of their service is good but seems to vary a bit from representative to representative.
Do They Have a Refund Policy?
In their own words, “If you cancel your order before we have submitted it to a federal, state, or local office, Incorporate.com will refund the total amount paid for such order less a service fee. If you cancel your order after we have already submitted it, we will use our discretion to determine what portion, if any, we will refund.”
Can I Form an LLC on My Own?
You certainly do always have this option, and some entrepreneurs do indeed form their own LLCs. If you want to try the DIY route, we would caution you that it can be more work than you might expect because every state has different compliance requirements. On the other end of the spectrum, some people hire lawyers to form their LLCs, but this option is much more expensive than using an online LLC service.