Swyft Filings vs LegalZoom (Who Wins?)
Do you need to form an LLC, but you’re not comfortable enough with the compliance requirements to go the DIY route? That’s why companies like Swyft Filings and LegalZoom offer affordable and convenient LLC service. Still, it can be tricky to discern which one would best serve your business.
This Swyft Filings vs LegalZoom comparison will dive into the commonalities and differences between these two providers, helping you decide which is the better choice to start your LLC.
* Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
There’s no doubt that Swyft Filings and LegalZoom are two of the top LLC formation service providers available, and they’re both capable of forming your new company quickly and correctly. Still, Swyft Filings does have some advantages that make them our preferred pick.
First and foremost, Swyft Filings has a low $49 price point for LLC service, which is much cheaper than the $149 it will cost you to form an LLC with LegalZoom. Furthermore, Swyft Filings receives better customer reviews than LegalZoom does.
Would you like to learn more before making your decision? Read on to discover all the details of these two popular service providers.
5 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: Swyft Filings and LegalZoom can both save you lots of money over hiring a lawyer to form your LLC, while also not leaving you alone to figure it out on your own.
2) Customer Support: Along those same lines, these companies have extensive customer support networks. If you have questions or concerns, they’re just a phone call or email away, which means you don’t have to spend hours of your valuable time trying to find the answers yourself.
3) Experience: They’re both experienced companies, and they each serve a large volume of customers every year. These are legitimate operations with lots of existing clients, and they’re wholly capable of forming your LLC.
4) Satisfaction Guarantees: Swyft Filings and LegalZoom both have 100% satisfaction guarantees, which is a welcome safety net. If you’re unhappy for any reason, you can simply request a refund and they’ll provide it, no questions asked.
5) Additional Services: If you need services beyond formation, they can help. Both offer many features from registered agent to federal tax ID numbers and much more. Think of them as one-stop shops for business services.
6) Efficiency: Do you need your LLC formed in a hurry? Swyft Filings really lives up to their name with some of the quickest turnaround times in the industry, and they also have expedited service available. As for LegalZoom, they structure their turnarounds based on which level of service you purchase, and their formations can be completed in as little as a week.
Side by Side Comparisons
With a base rate of $49, Swyft Filings is a full $100 cheaper than LegalZoom’s starting price of $149.
Swyft Filings offers some welcome features that LegalZoom doesn’t provide, including a 30-minute business tax consultation and a free domain name for one year. In addition, they include access to their ComplianceGuard company alerts system which keeps track of your filing deadlines.
For LegalZoom’s part, they include a banking resolution to help you open business checking and savings accounts, which Swyft Filings does not provide.
LegalZoom serves a huge volume of customers, with over 2 million business clients served since opening in 1999. Swyft Filings can’t touch that level of experience, but they’ve already served thousands of customers since they opened in 2012.
Swyft Filings has an excellent service department, and their customers frequently mention that fact in their reviews. They’re available from 10am to 7pm ET, Monday through Friday.
LegalZoom is a bit more hit or miss with their support, which is no big surprise seeing as they are such a large operation. One thing most clients seem to appreciate about LegalZoom is their extended support hours. They take calls from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays, and they’re even open from 10am to 7pm ET on weekends.
One difference between Swyft Filings and LegalZoom is the way they calculate their turnarounds. With Swyft Filings it varies based on your state of formation, whereas with LegalZoom they base their estimates on what level of service you purchase from them. Their cheapest package is Economy with a 30 business day turnaround, followed by Standard (15 days), and the top-shelf Express Gold (7-10).
As soon as you place your order, Swyft Filings creates an account for you on their website where you can check your status. LegalZoom recently added a similar tracking tool.
Registered Agent Service
Swyft Filings charges $149 annually for registered agent, while LegalZoom sets their price at $159 per year. Neither of them include registered agent service with your LLC formation. (What is a Registered Agent?)
Swyft Filings gets excellent customer feedback, with thousands of online reviews and high average scores. Swyft Filings customers frequently praise the efficiency of their services, and also the quality of their customer service department.
LegalZoom has over 1,500 reviews of their own, but they don’t match the quality of Swyft Filings’ feedback. Their ratings are much more hit or miss in nature. While they do have plenty of happy customers who are pleased with their services, they also have a number of clients who bring up issues like billing confusion or inconsistent customer service.
Ease of Use
Both of these companies can make your life as an entrepreneur much easier. Their services are easy to use and their websites are a breeze to navigate.
Best Service for LLC Formation?
With Swyft Filings and LegalZoom, we have two companies that are both highly capable of helping you form an LLC. If you’re still undecided, we’ll close by going over a couple scenarios where you may be more likely to use one or the other for LLC service.
Choose Swyft Filings if You Are:
If saving money is a priority, Swyft Filings is certainly less expensive than LegalZoom. In addition, if you value positive customer feedback and a reliable, friendly service department, they’re an excellent choice.
Choose LegalZoom if You Are:
LegalZoom has far more brand power than Swyft Filings, and they are a more popular LLC formation service when it comes to customer volume. If these are important factors to you, LegalZoom is a strong option.