3 Cheaper LegalZoom LLC Service Alternatives
Do you need to form an LLC, but don’t know if LegalZoom is the best service for you? With so many choices for LLC service online, it can be tricky to figure out which is best for you.
This LegalZoom LLC service alternatives will outline 3 alternatives that are just as reliable while saving you money.
IncFile opened in 2004, and they’ve served over 150,000 businesses since then. Their popularity can be attributed to a number of positive qualities, from their low prices to their great customer feedback. Let’s take a look at how they compare to LegalZoom.
- With a base rate of $49 plus state fee, IncFile has one of the most affordable LLC services available, and all their formation packages have a year of registered agent bundled in — LegalZoom doesn’t. Additionally, the IncFile Gold package for $149 is a great deal considering it comes with a federal tax ID number (EIN) and a custom LLC operating agreement.
- Customer feedback is a major strong point for IncFile. They have well over 2,000 reviews available online, and they maintain extremely high average ratings. For example on Shopper Approved, only 0.5% of the IncFile reviews are of a critical nature.
- They keep you in the know regarding state-specific compliance requirements you may need, such as publishing your formation in a newspaper, and they also have detailed state-by-state estimates for both normal and expedited shipping on their website.
Finally, they also have helpful, friendly support agents. In general, it’s tough to beat what IncFile has to offer. They excel in just about every way a discerning customer could ask for.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
With 50,000+ businesses formed since 2001, MyCompanyWorks is a smaller company than LegalZoom or IncFile, but they still have plenty of experience, as well as a personal touch that the industry giants can’t provide. How do they stack up to LegalZoom?
- Their prices aren’t quite as low as IncFile, but they’re still cheaper than LegalZoom. MyCompanyWorks has a base rate of $79 (plus state fee). If you want registered agent service and an EIN packaged in, your total cost comes to $279, which again is much lower than LegalZoom’s comparable package for $387.
- MyCompanyWorks’ services are covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re less than happy for any reason with your LLC formation, they’ll refund all fees you paid to them with no questions asked. It’s a welcome safety net. LegalZoom has a similar guarantee, but IncFile does not.
- If you call or email them during business hours, they’ll usually respond in 20 minutes or less. That’s a big advantage compared to larger companies like IncFile and LegalZoom, where you sometimes have to wait until the next day to get your questions answered.
In addition, MyCompanyWorks provides a thorough step-by-step checklist of important formation processes, so you won’t miss any compliance requirements for your new LLC. All told, they’re a rock-solid company that’s easy to recommend.
Want to learn more about MyCompanyWorks? Read our review.
The ownership group behind CorpNet started providing LLC services in 1997, and since then they’ve served 100,000+ businesses. They’re another LLC provider with their own set of advantages, so let’s see where their pros and cons are in relation to LegalZoom.
- Their base rate of $108 is higher than MyCompanyWorks or IncFile, but it’s still lower than LegalZoom’s price point. CorpNet’s pricing to bundle in registered agent and EIN with LLC formation is even better, at just $228 — a rate that only a select few providers like IncFile can beat.
- They have a satisfaction guarantee much like the one MyCompanyWorks offers. Keep in mind that while LegalZoom does have a similar guarantee as well, IncFile does not.
- CorpNet has fantastic customer feedback, with hundreds of reviews that are almost universally positive. LegalZoom struggles from time to time when it comes to customer reviews, so this is a major advantage.
CorpNet doesn’t exactly jump off the page in any one area compared to their competitors, but they’re a strong company with well-rounded formation packages. They’re well worth considering.
Want to learn more about CorpNet? Read our review.
These 4 service providers are all worthy of forming your LLC. They’re reliable, legitimate operations with extensive track records. Generally, IncFile has the best prices, LegalZoom handles the most clients, MyCompanyWorks has fast support, and CorpNet is pretty good at everything.
Regardless of which one you choose, you’ll be saving a significant amount of money over hiring a traditional law firm to draft and file your LLC formation papers.
If I had to pick a favorite LegalZoom alternative, I would probably go with IncFile. Their low prices and great services are a winning combination that not many competitors can match.