Active Filings LLC Service Alternatives
Are you looking to form a new LLC, but you’re not certain if Active Filings is the best option to provide your LLC service?
Many companies provide formation services, so it’s always a good idea to make sure you’re making the right choice for your company.
This Active Filings LLC service alternatives guide dives into the details of some of their leading competitors. Along the way, I hope you discover whether they’re the best choice for you, or if one of their competitors might be a better fit.
IncFile is an experienced service provider, with 150,000+ companies served since they opened in 2004. They’re one of the most popular companies in this industry, and there are plenty of good reasons that they’re so widely trusted by entrepreneurs. Do they compare favorably to Active Filings?
- IncFile has one of the lowest prices in the industry for LLC service, at $49.
- Customer feedback is one of their main strengths. IncFile has thousands of online customer reviews, and nearly all of them are positive in nature. It’s rare to see a company maintain such high average rating scores with this large volume of reviews.
IncFile also has a strong reputation for customer service. Although I personally have waited over 24 hours to get a response from IncFile’s support reps, they generally are well-regarded in this area. All told, it’s no surprise that they’re among the most popular providers of LLC service.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
With 100,000+ customers served since their ownership group started providing LLC service in 1997, CorpNet has a similar experience level to IncFile. They’re clearly another popular option, so let’s find out why.
- Their base rate of $108 (plus state fee) is higher than both IncFile and Active Filings. To acquire registered agent and an EIN along with your LLC service, you’ll pay a total of $228, which is more expensive than both IncFile and Active Filings.
- CorpNet offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re unhappy with your purchase for any reason, they’ll refund the fees you paid them.
- Like IncFile, they also have excellent customer feedback. CorpNet has hundreds of positive reviews and hardly any critical ones.
It’s hard to go wrong with a quality service provider like CorpNet. They have far more advantages than disadvantages, and in general they’re an easy company to recommend.
Want to learn more about CorpNet? Read our review.
The most experienced of these providers is easily LegalZoom. They’ve served nearly 4 million customers since their formation back in 1999, making them one of the giants of this industry. How do they stack up to Active Filings?
- With a base rate of $149 plus state fee, their price point is the highest in this guide. Additionally, their basic LLC service package doesn’t include an EIN or registered agent. If you want these features with LLC service from LegalZoom, you’ll spend at least $387.
- While their packages exclude these two important features, they do include a customized LLC operating agreement with every LLC service package, along with a banking resolution.
- If you would rather not take time out of the work day to get your questions answered, it’s worth noting that LegalZoom has extended customer support hours that can be a godsend. While the other companies in this guide have fairly typical hours of operation (for example, Active Filings is open 9am-5pm ET Monday-Friday), LegalZoom is available 8am-10pm ET weekdays and 10am-7pm ET weekends.
While LegalZoom doesn’t score many points with their pricing models or their mixed customer reviews, they are the most experienced provider in the industry, and they also have significant brand power.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
These companies are all capable of forming your new LLC in an efficient, compliant manner, and they all have their own unique advantages as well. IncFile has the best prices, LegalZoom has the highest customer volume, Active Filings has great bilingual support, and CorpNet is a generally well-rounded company. Whichever one you choose, you’ll save hundreds over hiring a lawyer to draft and file your articles of organization.
While your personal preference may vary, my preferred alternative to Active Filings is IncFile. Their low prices and complete feature packages are a winning combination in my book.