The 7 Best LLC Services Available
If you’re looking to form an LLC online, you probably already know that there are many options available. Many entrepreneurs are uncomfortable with the idea of forming an LLC themselves, but also don’t have the budget to hire an attorney.
If you fit this description, don’t worry! There are many LLC formation services that can assist you for a fraction of the price of a lawyer.
This guide outlines the features that set apart the top providers from the rest of the pack. Which is the best service to form your LLC? Read on to find out.
Our top pick for online LLC formation is IncFile, with their highly affordable $49 base rate. They’re a popular choice, with over 250,000 businesses served since they opened in 2004. They have a variety of services to suit any entrepreneur’s needs, and a number of advantages to make them (in our opinion) the best choice.
- Even at that low $49 price point, IncFile includes some valuable features like a full year of registered agent service, a one-hour business tax consultation, and more.
- They have well over 6,000 online customer reviews, and nearly all of them praise IncFile for their efficient services.
- IncFile has excellent customer service with helpful, professional support reps. They offer unlimited phone and email support, so help is never more than a call or a quick message away.
If you place a high value on getting the best overall value out of an LLC service, with great prices and features, choose IncFile.
Want to see our full IncFile LLC Service review? Read it here.
Northwest Registered Agent doesn’t have quite as many features as IncFile and their prices are a bit higher, but their premium customer support totally sets them apart. They’ve been assisting customers with LLC formations since 1998 and have become one of the top service providers in the industry since then.
- Northwest has no hidden fees or upsells of any kind, making the LLC formation process as easy as possible. Most other services will try to get you to buy more and more, drastically increasing the final price you end up paying – while Northwest does not.
- Out of all the LLC services we reviewed, Northwest has the most friendly and helpful customer support available. If you ever have an issue, you contact that person directly instead of calling an anonymous call center and explaining your situation to a new representative each time.
- They include a full year of their namesake registered agent service with any LLC formation package, which is a $125 value. Northwest puts considerable effort and care into this service as well, as they’re the only major provider that locally scans every document they receive on your behalf.
If you place a high value on exceptional customer support and no-nonsense packages, use Northwest to form your LLC.
Want to see our full Northwest Registered Agent LLC review? Read it here.
LegalZoom has more brand power than any other company in this industry, with a wide reach all across the country. They handle huge volumes of LLC formations, and their experience is second to none.
- LegalZoom has helped form over a million businesses since 1999. Not many competitors can keep up with a workload like that.
- They have extended customer service hours that can be a real lifesaver. They’re available until 10pm ET every weekday, and they’re even open weekends until 7pm ET.
LegalZoom doesn’t have as feature-packed options like IncFile (see our comparison) or as strong of customer support as Northwest Registered Agent, but they’re an incredibly popular service provider.
If experience and brand power are important to you, LegalZoom deserves consideration.
Want to see our full LegalZoom LLC Service review? Read it here.
Another highly experienced option, CorpNet’s ownership group has been in the LLC services industry since 1997, with over 100,000 businesses served. They have mid-tier price points that are supplemented by some solid features.
- Customer reviews are a big plus for CorpNet. They have hundreds of positive ratings all over the web, with criticism in short supply.
- With CorpNet, you can get the combination of formation, registered agent, and EIN for $228 in their Deluxe package. It’s not the absolute cheapest option in the industry for bundling these services, but it is still a good bargain especially from such a well-regarded company.
- With a 100% satisfaction guarantee, there’s little risk to using their services. If you’re not happy, simply ask for your money back with no questions asked.
CorpNet doesn’t stand out in any one specific way, but they offer well-balanced formation packages and have great customer service, which is always a winning combination.
Want to see our full CorpNet LLC Service review? Read it here.
With over 60,000 business formations since they opened in 2001, MyCompanyWorks fits the bill as a mid-size company in the LLC services industry.
- With a $79 base rate, they’re not the absolute cheapest option out there, but they’re quite affordable.
- MyCompanyWorks customer support reps always get back to you quickly. During business hours, they reply to most voicemails and emails in less than 20 minutes. Some competitors can take a full day to get back to you.
- With MyCompanyWorks, they include a personalized LLC operating agreement and a free company compliance alert system with any of their LLC formation packages.
In addition, MyCompanyWorks offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee in case you aren’t completely happy with their services, and they also have about 1,000 customer reviews online, the vast majority of which are of a positive nature.
Want to see our full MyCompanyWorks LLC Service review? Read it here.
Next up is Rocket Lawyer, a service that provides a host of legal features in addition to LLC formation.
- Their members enjoy many advanced features with their LLC formations, including attorney consultations, access to an extensive document library, and much more.
- They’ve served over 7 million business clients and 20 million total customers since 2008. It’s a highly impressive volume of customers considering they’ve been around for a little over a decade.
- Rocket Lawyer’s 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures that if you’re unhappy for any reason within 30 days, they’ll either fix the issue or give you your money back.
For customers who don’t subscribe to their legal services subscription, Rocket Lawyer isn’t as worthwhile as some competitors like IncFile, as their $99 base rate doesn’t include many features.
Want to see our full Rocket Lawyer LLC Service review? Read it here.
BizFilings is another strong choice, with thousands of businesses formed since 1996. Even if you’re not a BizFilings customer, you can take advantage of their free business name availability check, which is a nice feature.
- 6 months of registered agent service is included at no extra charge with any BizFilings LLC formation package.
- With their Business Owner’s Toolkit, you can access informative guides on everything from formation to ongoing compliance, tax issues, and more. It’s a lot of valuable information that many competitors don’t provide.
- Their Basic formation package has some nice features, including a company alert tool which keeps you on top of important deadlines, as well as a document library full of sample forms.
BizFilings doesn’t have many customer reviews to look through, and their top-shelf formation packages aren’t structured in an appealing manner, but other than these missteps they’re a capable, experienced provider of LLC formation service.
Want to see our full BizFilings LLC Service review? Read it here.
Advantages & Disadvantages of LLC Services
- It doesn’t matter whether you know about the legalities of forming an LLC or not. LLC creation services can save you lots of time and effort by taking care of the process for you.
- Most business formation providers have an online dashboard tool to keep you updated of important government deadlines, ensuring you never miss a filing.
- If you run into any problems, or even if you just have a simple question, LLC websites have extensive phone and email support systems. If you go the DIY route, you will have to contact the state directly which can take much longer to get a reply.
- All of these incorporation services will save you hundreds of dollars over hiring an attorney to form your LLC.
- If you have the time and capacity, you can save money by starting an LLC on your own.
- On the other end of the spectrum, a lawyer has specialized insights that you’re not going to get with most online incorporation services.
Which Service Should You Choose?
While different businesses have different needs, we feel like IncFile is the best LLC service for your money. They combine the lowest prices with great features.
Plus, great customer reviews to back up the quality of their service.
We provide fair, honest reviews of online business services that can help you save time and money when starting a business. There are so many providers offering LLC formation service these days, that it can be quite difficult to figure out which one is the best option to form your new business.
Obviously, different entrepreneurs are looking for different things in an LLC service, and there is no one-size-fits-all answer.
After reviewing the major online LLC services based on our review criteria, we think IncFile and Northwest Registered Agent check all the boxes in the half-dozen ways we outline below.
Both provide excellent bang for your buck and are worth choosing. To find the best option for you, see our LLC service comparison.
Our Review Criteria
There are so many different things to consider when choosing the best LLC service for you ― it’s tough for us to completely say “This service is our favorite and everyone should use it.” With that in mind, let’s talk about a few of the most important aspects of deciding which formation service you should use.
What Are You Getting for the Cost?
Low prices are always attractive, but you need to make sure you’re getting the perks and features you want. For instance, does your chosen service provider include registered agent, or are you required to purchase it separately? Also make sure you’re not paying for anything you don’t need, like a symbolic LLC kit and seal.
Can You Get Better Value Elsewhere?
Always keep an eye on what the competition has to offer. While discounts in the LLC service space are rare, there are added perks like a year of registered agent service. Evaluate how much value they add ― not just in a vacuum, but for you.
Personalized Support vs Feeling Like a Number
This is an aspect that we think far too many entrepreneurs overlook. Some of the industry leaders have such a high customer volume that it’s impossible to get LLC service custom-tailored to your individual needs. You can end up feeling like you’re just a statistic, rather than a valued customer.
Is the Service Reliable?
Does your chosen service provider have a history of success, or do they register lots of customer complaints? Always look into the company’s reputation, and check out their customer feedback to get a better feel for what their client experience is like.
Does the Service Have Good Customer Support?
Do they offer phone support, or is it just web-based chat and email? What are their availability hours ― 24/7 or limited? Do they outsource their customer service to call centers, or do they handle it in-house?
Does the Service Have a Refund Policy?
Some online incorporation services offer a full refund if you’re unhappy for any reason. Others will only approve a refund if you can prove there was an error on their end. Make sure to find out what type of refund your service provider offers, just in case.
In the interest of full disclosure, we are a website that may receive compensation if our readers choose to use the services discussed on our site. However, we never sacrifice our integrity in the pursuit of a quick buck ― the service providers we recommend are the same ones that we use ourselves and recommend to family. Want to learn more about us and how this website works? Check out our about page!