7 Best LLC Services Available
If you’re looking to form an LLC online, you probably already know that there are lots of options available. Many entrepreneurs are uncomfortable with the DIY route, but also don’t have the budget to hire an attorney.
If you fit this description, don’t worry! There are many online LLC services that can assist you for a fraction of the price of a lawyer.
This LLC formation services guide outlines the features that set apart the top providers from the rest of the pack. Which is the best to form your LLC? Read on to find out.
Our top pick for online LLC formation is IncFile, with their highly affordable $49 base rate. They’re a popular choice, with over 150,000 businesses served since they opened in 2004. They have a variety of services to suit any entrepreneur’s needs, and a number of advantages to make them an appealing choice.
- Even at that low $49 price point, IncFile includes some valuable features like a full year of registered agent service, a one-hour business tax consultation and more.
- They have well over 2,000 online customer reviews, and nearly all of them praise IncFile for their efficient services.
- IncFile’s Gold package is one of our favorite LLC service bundles. For $149, you get formation, registered agent and a federal tax ID number (EIN). Most LLCs require all of these features, and this is one of the most affordable ways to get all 3 of them.
Add to all this the fact that IncFile has excellent customer service with helpful, professional support reps, and they’re a great choice for any entrepreneur looking to form an LLC on a budget.
Want to read our full IncFile review? Click here.
Another highly experienced option, CorpNet’s ownership group has been in the LLC services industry since 1997, with over 100,000 businesses served. They have mid-tier price points that are supplemented by some solid features.
- Customer reviews are a big plus for CorpNet. They have hundreds of positive ratings all over the web, with criticism in short supply.
- With CorpNet, you can get the combination of formation, registered agent and EIN for $228 in their Deluxe package. It’s not the absolute cheapest option in the industry for bundling these services, but it is still a good bargain especially from such a well-regarded company.
- With a 100% satisfaction guarantee, there’s little risk to using their services. If you’re not happy, simply ask for your money back with no questions asked.
CorpNet doesn’t stand out in any one specific way, but they offer well-balanced formation packages and have great customer service, which is always a winning combination.
Want to read our full CorpNet review? Click here.
Checking in at number three is Rocket Lawyer, a Google Ventures backed company that provides a host of legal features in addition to online LLC formation.
- Their members enjoy many advanced features with their LLC formations, including attorney consultations, access to an extensive document library and much more.
- They’ve served over 7 million business clients and 20 million total customers since 2008. It’s an impressive volume of customers considering they’ve been around for less than a decade.
- Rocket Lawyer’s 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures that if you’re unhappy for any reason within 30 days, they’ll either fix the issue or give you your money back.
For legal subscription non-members, Rocket Lawyer isn’t as worthwhile as IncFile, since their $99 base rate doesn’t include that many features. Overall they are worth consideration, mostly since you get the option to choose between a la cart LLC formation or a full online legal subscription.
Want to read our full Rocket Lawyer review? Click here.
With over 50,000 business formations since they opened in 2001, MyCompanyWorks fits the bill as a mid-size company in the LLC services industry. They have the experience to do the job right, without making you feel like you’re just a number.
- With a $79 base rate, they’re not the absolute cheapest option out there, but they’re quite affordable.
- MyCompanyWorks’s customer support reps always get back to you quickly. During business hours, they reply to most voicemails and emails in less than 20 minutes. Some competitors can take a full day to get back to you.
- Their Startup Wizard LLC formation checklist is a convenient way to navigate the formation process, ensuring that you don’t miss any crucial compliance steps.
In addition, MyCompanyWorks offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee in case you aren’t completely happy with their services, and they also have about 1,000 customer reviews online, the vast majority of which are of a positive nature.
Want to read our full MyCompanyWorks review? Click here.
BizFilings is another strong choice, with thousands of businesses formed since 1996. Even if you’re not a BizFilings customer, you can take advantage of their free business name availability check, which is a nice feature. Here are their feature highlights:
- 6 months of registered agent service is included at no extra charge with any BizFilings LLC formation package.
- With their Business Owner’s Toolkit, you can access informative guides on everything from formation to ongoing compliance, tax issues and more. It’s a lot of valuable information that many competitors don’t provide.
- Their Basic formation package has some nice features, including a company alert tool which keeps you on top of important deadlines, as well as a document library full of sample forms.
BizFilings doesn’t have many customer reviews to look through, and their top-shelf LLC formation packages aren’t structured in an appealing manner, but other than these missteps they’re a good LLC formation website.
Want to read our full BizFilings review? Click here.
MyCorporation is one of the top service providers regarding customer volume, as they’ve helped over a million business clients since opening in 1995. They’re an intriguing option for entrepreneurs looking for a specific combination of features that few competitors offer.
- MyCorporation includes annual report service for one year with 3 of their 4 LLC formation packages. Most competitors don’t bundle in annual reports with LLC service, and MyCorporation’s annual report service is one of the best available.
- If you like reading positive customer reviews (and who doesn’t!), MyCorporation has you covered. Their client feedback is almost universally positive, and with hundreds of reviews available, they clearly have a trend of customer satisfaction.
- MyCorporation is all about the advanced features, as they have a bunch of services the competition doesn’t offer, especially when it comes to financial solutions. For example, their MyIncGuard service sends you reminders of important filing dates like tax returns and year-end notices, they offer unemployment insurance and income tax withholding services, etc.
With MyCorporation, you’re not getting the absolute lowest prices in the industry, but their value-packed LLC service packages provide great value per dollar. Especially if you’re considering annual report service anyway, MyCorporation makes a great choice.
Want to read our full MyCorporation review? Click here.
LegalZoom has more brand power than any other company in this industry, with a wide reach all across the country. They handle huge volumes of LLC formations, and their experience is second to none.
- LegalZoom has helped form over a million businesses over the last 12 years. Not many competitors can keep up with a workload like that.
- They have extended customer service hours that can be a real lifesaver. They’re available until 10pm ET every weekday and they’re even open weekends until 7pm ET.
- Their base package includes a customized LLC operating agreement to define the structure of your company, which is a feature you don’t see in most providers’ basic formation packages.
LegalZoom doesn’t have the best prices, and their customer feedback isn’t great either, but they’re an incredibly popular service provider. If experience is important to you, LegalZoom deserves a long look.
Want to read our full LegalZoom review? Click here.
Advantages & Disadvantages of LLC Formation Services
- It doesn’t matter whether you know much about the legalities of business formation or not. LLC services can save you lots of time and effort by taking care of the process for you.
- Most formation providers have some sort of online dashboard tool to keep you apprised of important government deadlines, ensuring you never miss a filing.
- If you run into any problems, or even if you just have a simple question, LLC services have extensive phone and email support systems. If you go the DIY route, you won’t have this safety net.
- All of these services will save you hundreds of dollars over hiring an attorney to form your LLC.
- Obviously, if you have the time and capacity, you can save money if you form your own LLC.
- On the other end of the spectrum, a lawyer has specialized insights that you’re not going to get with most online formation services.
Which One Should You Choose?
It’s obviously tough to pick just one provider and say it’s the best for all entrepreneurs. Different businesses have different needs, which is why we built this guide. Depending on your requirements, some of these services might be more appealing to you than others.
At the end of the day, IncFile is our favorite because they combine low prices and robust feature sets. They have the best overall value.