Rocket Lawyer LLC Service Review (Pros & Cons)
With over 20 million customers served since they opened in 2008, Rocket Lawyer processes a huge volume of LLC formations and other business services.
There are many providers offering LLC formation service, and Rocket Lawyer is one of the most popular despite strong competition.
This Rocket Lawyer LLC service review is structured to help you discern whether you’d like to enlist the help of their services for your business.
Advantages & Disadvantages
Advantages of Rocket Lawyer:
– They offer a comprehensive legal services subscription which includes all sorts of document filings including LLC formation at no extra charge to new members, while also granting access to attorney consults and more. With their 7-day free trial offer, there’s no risk involved to trying it.
– Rocket Lawyer has extended customer support hours than run for 12 hours every weekday, and their service agents are friendly and helpful in our experience.
– As long as you contact them within 30 days of purchase, they provide a satisfaction guarantee that covers 100% of all fees paid to Rocket Lawyer. They’ll either resolve the issue, credit your account for other purchases, or simply give your money back.
– Rocket Lawyer gets very good feedback from their clients. They have impressive average rating scores on third-party review websites, which is always a welcome attribute.
– With over 20 million customers since 2008, Rocket Lawyer is easily the most popular online business services provider in the United States. They have a level of customer volume that no competitors come close to matching.
Disadvantages of Rocket Lawyer:
– If you choose not to join Rocket Lawyer’s legal services program, they’re not the top LLC formation service. Their $99.99 package for non-members is a barebones offering, including only the essentials of formation. (See Top LLC Services)
Rocket Lawyer LLC Packages
Rocket Lawyer doesn’t have multiple LLC formation service packages like many of their competitors do. Instead, they present two alternate options to customers looking to form an LLC: either subscribe to their legal services program, or purchase a one-time LLC formation.
Non-Member = $99.99
– Preparation and Filing of Your Articles of Organization: These are the documents submitted to your state of formation to officially create your new company. Rocket Lawyer will draft these documents, and then file them with the state.
– Business Name Availability Search: They will search through your formation state’s business database to see if your desired business name is available, or if it’s already claimed by another company.
– Online Document Storage: You can access electronic copies of your filed formation papers at any time using Rocket Lawyer’s convenient online platform.
– Hard Copies: In addition to online access, Rocket Lawyer will also mail hard copies of your completed articles of organization to you.
– Phone and Email Support: If you need assistance at any time, you can pick up the phone and contact one of Rocket Lawyer’s experienced LLC specialists.
Member = Free (With $39.99/Month Subscription)
Rocket Lawyer’s bread and butter is their legal services subscription, which includes LLC formation service for new members. You can try their subscription for free for 7 days, after which you’ll pay $39.99 per month. You can cancel your Rocket Lawyer legal services subscription at any time, so there’s really not much risk involved.
When it comes to features for the LLC service itself, there is no difference between the member and non-member formation packages. The difference lies in the other features you receive in the subscription. If you want to check out the full explanation of features, check out their website. For now, we’ll give a quick breakdown:
– Legal Documents with Document Defense: Quickly create a wide variety of business documents that you can sign, share, download, and print at your convenience. With every document, you’ll receive Document Defense, which is an attorney review.
– Ask a Lawyer Your Legal Questions
– 30 Minute Consultation on Every New Legal Matter
– Discounts on Attorney Services
– 25% Off Registered Agent Service
– 25% Off Future Incorporation Filings
Rocket Lawyer Customer Reviews
If you scan around the internet, you can find a couple thousand reviews for Rocket Lawyer, and by reading through this feedback you can get a good feel for what their customer experience is like.
For the most part, Rocket Lawyer’s customer reviews are quite positive. We strongly recommend that you spend a few minutes scanning their feedback for yourself, but in general their clients seem to really enjoy their ease of use, and also praise the usefulness of the free trial for their legal services subscription package.
– SiteJabber: 4.5 out of 5 stars (866 reviews)
– Trustpilot: 9.3 out of 10 stars (864 reviews)
Is There a Better Rocket Lawyer Alternative?
Rocket Lawyer has a lot going for them, but there are many competitors in the online LLC services market. If Rocket Lawyer doesn’t feel like the right fit for whatever reason, there are plenty of other options that might suit you better. With this in mind, let’s take a quick look at our favorite Rocket Lawyer LLC alternative, IncFile.
IncFile’s biggest advantage is in their pricing. At $49, they have a really low base price point for LLC service, as that’s less than half of what you’ll pay with Rocket Lawyer. Furthermore, IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service with any LLC formation package, whereas Rocket Lawyer doesn’t even include registered agent for their legal services subscribers.
Overall, these are both strong providers of LLC formation service, but in general our preference is IncFile.
Is Rocket Lawyer Right For You?
Rocket Lawyer is a solid option for LLC service. They have a huge volume of customers and significant brand power, and they have impressive customer reviews as well.
They’re not the ideal choice for all companies of course, so let’s take a look at a couple of scenarios that might clarify just a bit further who they’re right for.
When to Use Rocket Lawyer:
If you are already interested in their legal services subscription, it’s a no-brainer because you can get LLC service as part of their $39.99/month subscription. Otherwise, their strong customer reviews and high level of experience are also legitimate reasons to pursue their services.
When NOT to Use Rocket Lawyer:
If all you want is LLC formation service, there are cheaper places to get the basic service offered by Rocket Lawyer’s non-member package. For example, IncFile’s LLC formation packages start at $49, which includes a year of registered agent service.
Rocket Lawyer provides quality LLC formation service, and for customers interested in their legal services subscription it can be an excellent value.
Frequently Asked Rocket Lawyer Questions
Does Rocket Lawyer Offer Any Discounts?
We didn’t find any active discounts at the time of this writing, but their prices are fair regardless.
Does Rocket Lawyer Have Good Customer Support?
For the most part, customers seem to be quite pleased with the support they receive from Rocket Lawyer. They have extended customer service hours from 9am-9pm ET on weekdays, which can come in handy.
Do They Have a Refund Policy?
If you contact them within 30 days of making your purchase, Rocket Lawyer will provide a full refund of the fees you paid them.
Can I Form an LLC on My Own?
That’s always an option, and some entrepreneurs do just that. The problem with the DIY route is that it can take quite a bit of time due to state-specific compliance requirements. On the other end of the spectrum, some people hire lawyers to form their LLCs, but that’s far more expensive than online LLC services are.