Rocket Lawyer vs IncFile (Which is Better?)
Do you need to form an LLC, but you don’t know where you should turn for help? There are plenty of companies offering LLC service — like Rocket Lawyer and IncFile — that can make the process much easier, but how do you determine which one is the best?
This Rocket Lawyer vs IncFile LLC service comparison is structured to give you a clear picture of the characteristics they share, as well as the ones that set them apart. Let’s figure out which provider is the best choice for you.
* Quick Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
7 Things They Have In Common
- Affordable: Both of these providers are capable of forming a new company at a far lower cost than a lawyer will charge you. You can save hundreds of dollars with Rocket Lawyer or IncFile.
- Customer Support: Cutting costs is great, but with Rocket Lawyer and IncFile you’re still getting strong customer support. Instead of wasting time hunting for answers on your own, you can direct your tough questions to their customer service reps.
- Experience: These are two highly experienced companies. Rocket Lawyer has served millions of customers, while IncFile is also no slouch with well over 150,000 customers served. With track records like this, these operations are as legitimate and trustworthy as they come.
- Extra Services: Both are capable of helping your company with many other business solutions beyond forming an LLC. From registered agent to federal tax ID number (EIN) obtainment, these companies are one-stop business service shops.
- Your Info Is Secure: These providers take your online security seriously. Both incorporation services use Norton Web Security to protect their sites from malware, while also encrypting all data transmissions. Your private info will stay private.
- Good Customer Reviews: If you like to read customer reviews before making a purchase, both Rocket Lawyer and IncFile have quite a bit of feedback for you to peruse. It’s not hard to get an idea of what your customer experience will be like with either company.
- Free Info: Whether you end up becoming a customer or not, IncFile and Rocket Lawyer both offer lots of free information on their website. If you need to know more about business formations, compliance requirements and much more, the info is right at your fingertips.
Side by Side Comparisons
Rocket Lawyer charges $99.95 to form an LLC. On the other hand, IncFile has formation service that starts at just $49. (See details)
Compared to IncFile, Rocket Lawyer offers a pretty barebones LLC service package. IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service and a business tax consultation with your formation package, while Rocket Lawyer only gives you the basic essentials of formation.
Rocket Lawyer is one of the industry giants, with an unrivaled 7 million businesses served since they opened in 2008. IncFile also has plenty of experience but doesn’t handle the same high volume of customers that Rocket Lawyer does, as IncFile has 150,000+ business formations since 2004.
Both of these companies have generally solid customer service, but they each have their shortcomings in this area as well. Rocket Lawyer is such a massive company that it’s no surprise their support is slightly hit or miss. The bigger your operation, the more likely it is that some of your support agents will be less effective than others. I do like that they’re available for 12 hours a day, as they answer the phone from 9am-9pm ET Monday through Friday.
IncFile has friendly, helpful representatives in my experience, but their availability isn’t great. It sometimes takes them over 24 hours to respond when you call or email them, which is less than ideal. They’re open from 10am-7pm ET on weekdays.
IncFile and Rocket Lawyer have similar processing times, and they both vary depending on your state of formation. Both companies also offer expedited service to their LLC formation customers, and the rates for this rush processing also vary by state.
IncFile has a nifty order status tracking tool on their website, which updates in real time to show you exactly where you stand in the formation process. Rocket Lawyer uses a standard order confirmation email system, and you can also check your order status when you log into your account on their website.
Registered Agent Service
IncFile has an annual rate of $119 for registered agent service, while Rocket Lawyer has a price point of $149.95 for registered agent. Keep in mind that IncFile also includes a full year of registered agent free with any LLC service package, which Rocket Lawyer does not. (What is a Registered Agent?)
Rocket Lawyer gets pretty good reviews from their customers. They have hundreds of reviews across the web, and while their rating scores vary from decent to excellent depending on which site you’re looking at, their reviews are generally a positive. The news is even better for IncFile, as they have thousands of reviews available online, and their scores are almost entirely positive.
Ease of Use
Both of these companies offer business services that are tremendously easy to use. They also both have well-designed, user-friendly websites. Rocket Lawyer and IncFile are equals in this area.
Which Should You Choose?
Rocket Lawyer and IncFile offer similar services, but they certainly differ in some important areas. Depending on your specific needs, you may have already decided which one you prefer.
We understand that some of you may remain undecided, so let’s close by reviewing some situations that might lead you to prefer one or the other.
Choose IncFile if:
If you prioritize getting the most bang for your buck, or if you’d simply prefer to go with the company that has the best customer feedback, IncFile is well worth a look.
Choose Rocket Lawyer if:
If you want the basics when forming an LLC or a plethora of extra online legal services by opting into their online legal service, Rocket Lawyer will be a strong choice to start an LLC through.