Rocket Lawyer vs IncFile (Which is Better?)
Do you need to register an LLC, but you don’t know where you should turn for help?
This Rocket Lawyer vs IncFile LLC service comparison is structured to give you a clear picture of the characteristics they share, as well as the ones that set them apart. Let’s figure out which provider is the best choice for you.
* Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
With either Rocket Lawyer or IncFile, you’re getting a reputable company that provides high-quality LLC formation service. Still, IncFile has some advantages that make them our choice for most formations.
First and foremost, IncFile’s cheapest LLC service package costs just $49, compared to the $99.99 price point offered by Rocket Lawyer. In addition, IncFile includes more features, like a full year of registered agent service at no extra charge.
Would you like some more information before making your decision? Read on to learn everything you need to know to make the right choice for your new company.
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: Both of these providers are capable of forming a new company at a far lower cost than a lawyer will charge you. You can save hundreds of dollars with Rocket Lawyer or IncFile.
2) Customer Support: Cutting costs is great, but with Rocket Lawyer and IncFile you’re still getting strong customer support. Instead of wasting time hunting for answers on your own, you can direct your tough questions to their customer service reps.
3) Experience: These are two highly experienced companies. Rocket Lawyer has served millions of customers, while IncFile is also no slouch with well over 150,000 customers served. With track records like this, these operations are as legitimate and trustworthy as they come.
4) Additional Services: Both are capable of helping your company with many other business solutions beyond forming an LLC. From registered agent to federal tax ID number (EIN) obtainment, these companies are one-stop business service shops.
5) Security: These providers take your online security seriously. Both incorporation services use Norton Web Security to protect their sites from malware, while also encrypting all data transmissions. Your private info will stay private.
6) Great Customer Reviews: If you like to read customer reviews before making a purchase, both Rocket Lawyer and IncFile have quite a bit of feedback for you to peruse, and it’s mostly positive in nature. It’s not hard to get an idea of what your customer experience will be like with either company.
7) Educational: Whether you end up becoming a customer or not, IncFile and Rocket Lawyer both offer lots of free information on their websites. If you need to know more about business formations or compliance requirements, the info is right at your fingertips.
Side by Side Comparisons
Rocket Lawyer charges $99.99 to form an LLC. On the other hand, IncFile has formation service that starts at just $49. (See details)
Compared to IncFile, Rocket Lawyer offers a pretty barebones LLC service package. IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service and a business tax consultation with your formation package, while Rocket Lawyer only gives you the basic essentials of formation.
However, Rocket Lawyer also offers a comprehensive legal services subscription for $39.99 per month which includes formation service at no extra charge for new subscribers. In addition, this subscription also provides legal documents with attorney review, consultation with lawyers, discounts on attorney services, and more.
Rocket Lawyer is one of the industry giants, with an unrivaled 20 million customers served since they opened in 2008. IncFile also has plenty of experience but doesn’t handle the same high volume of customers that Rocket Lawyer does, as IncFile has 150,000+ business formations since 2004.
Both of these companies have generally solid customer service, but they each have some minor shortcomings in this area as well. Rocket Lawyer is such a massive company that it’s no surprise their support is slightly hit or miss. The bigger your operation, the more likely it is that some of your support agents will be less effective than others. We do like that they’re available for 12 hours a day, as they answer the phone from 9am-9pm ET Monday through Friday.
IncFile has friendly, helpful representatives in our experience, but their availability isn’t great. It sometimes takes them over 24 hours to respond when you call or email them, which is less than ideal. They’re open from 10am-7pm ET on weekdays.
IncFile and Rocket Lawyer have similar processing times, and they both vary depending on your state of formation. Both companies also offer expedited service to their LLC formation customers, and the rates for this rush processing vary by state.
IncFile has a nifty order status tracking tool on their website, which updates in real time to show you exactly where you stand in the formation process. Rocket Lawyer uses a standard order confirmation email system, and you can also check your order status when you log into your account on their website.
Registered Agent Service
IncFile has an annual rate of $119 for registered agent service, while Rocket Lawyer has a price point of $149.99 for this service. Keep in mind that IncFile also includes a full year of registered agent free with any LLC service package, which Rocket Lawyer does not. (What is a Registered Agent?)
Rocket Lawyer gets strong reviews from their customers. They have well over 1,000 reviews across the web, and their average rating scores are quite high. The news is even better for IncFile, as they have about 7,000 reviews available online, and they’re almost entirely positive in nature. Clearly, both of these companies are very popular with their customers.
Ease of Use
Both of these companies offer business services that are tremendously easy to use. They also both have well-designed, user-friendly websites. Rocket Lawyer and IncFile are equals in this area.
Which Should You Choose?
Rocket Lawyer and IncFile offer similar services, but they certainly differ in some important areas. Depending on your specific needs, you may have already decided which one you prefer.
We understand that some of you may remain undecided, so let’s close by reviewing some situations that might lead you to prefer one or the other.
Choose IncFile if You Are:
If you prioritize getting the most bang for your buck, or if you want registered agent service, IncFile is well worth a look.
Choose Rocket Lawyer if You Are:
If you want the basics when forming an LLC, or access to a plethora of extra online legal services by opting into their online legal service, Rocket Lawyer will be a strong choice to start an LLC.