Northwest Registered Agent vs Rocket Lawyer (Who Wins in this Comparison?)
Do you need to form a new LLC, but you don’t want to deal with the hassles of the DIY route? Do you also not have room in your budget to hire an attorney to draft and file your articles of organization?
Companies like Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer exist for just that reason: to quickly form compliant businesses at reasonable rates. But how do you discern which one is the best fit for your business?
This Northwest Registered Agent vs Rocket Lawyer comparison will take a look at the main common points between these two service providers, as well as shine a light on what sets them apart. By the time you’re done reading, we’re confident you’ll know which one is the right choice for you.
Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer are two of the most respected and popular business formation services available online today. They’re both highly capable and trustworthy, and either of them will do a great job forming your new LLC. Still, Northwest Registered Agent has some advantages that make them our preferred option for most of our readers.
To begin with, Northwest Registered Agent starts their pricing for LLC service at $79, which is considerably lower than Rocket Lawyer’s $99.99 price point. In addition, Northwest includes 12 months of their namesake registered agent service at no extra charge with any LLC formation package, whereas with Rocket Lawyer you’d need to pay extra to add it on.
Do you need some more information before making your choice? Let’s get to the bottom of what sets these two services apart. But first, what do they have in common?
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: If you want to save some money compared to hiring a lawyer to draft and file your articles of organization, these service providers can definitely help. Both Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer can save you hundreds of dollars over an attorney’s fees. Furthermore, the LLC isn’t a complicated business structure, and you may not need the lawyer’s expertise anyway.
2) Customer Support: Saving money is one thing, but it’s not everything. If you don’t want to DIY your LLC formation, these companies have customer service departments that can be a big help. If you ever have questions, you can call or email them to quickly receive an accurate answer.
3) Experience: Both Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer have formed thousands of LLCs, so you can trust them to get the job done right. Experience matters, and these service providers have plenty of it.
4) Efficiency: Do you need your LLC formed sooner rather than later? That’s not a problem for these providers. Rocket Lawyer and Northwest Registered Agent both have expediting services available that can speed up your formation from a matter of weeks down to just a few days in many states.
5) Great Customer Reviews: We always prefer to read plenty of positive customer reviews before making a purchase, and both of these companies receive rave reviews from their clients. It seems that the customer experience with either Northwest Registered Agent or Rocket Lawyer is usually a positive one.
6) Additional Services: LLC formations aren’t the only service offered by these companies. If you need other services like foreign qualifications or document prep, Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer can help. Think of them as one-stop business services shops.
7) Security: Online security is a big deal these days, which is why these companies take steps to protect you. Rocket Lawyer uses McAfee Secure to ensure the security of their website, and Northwest Registered Agent runs their own servers and employs their own coders and developers to prevent your info from falling into anyone else’s hands.
Side by Side Comparisons
Rocket Lawyer’s LLC formation service is priced at $99.99 plus state fee, which is significantly higher than the $69 price point offered by Northwest Registered Agent. (See Details)
Both of these providers include the basics of formation, like a business name availability check, and the preparation and filing of your articles of organization. The big difference is Northwest Registered Agent’s inclusion of 12 months of registered agent service, which is a feature you’ll have to add onto your Rocket Lawyer LLC formation.
Northwest Registered Agent opened for business in 1998, and since then they’ve emerged as a trusted midsize company in the business services industry. They’ve served thousands of customers in their 20+ years. As for Rocket Lawyer, they’re a true industry giant, with over 20 million customers served since opening in 2008.
Rocket Lawyer has an extensive customer service network, with representatives available via phone 12 hours per weekday, from 9am to 9pm ET. Their support reps are helpful and friendly in our experience, and most of their customers who write reviews seem pleased with this service as well.
While there’s nothing wrong with Rocket Lawyer’s support, they’re not on Northwest Registered Agent’s lofty level. Every Northwest client receives personalized support from one of their Corporate Guides, and that individual walks you through each step of your LLC formation. You also receive that person’s direct email address and phone number, so you’ll never be stuck explaining your situation to someone who isn’t already familiar with you and your company.
With either of these service providers, you’ll get turnaround times that vary depending on which state you’re forming your LLC in, as well as whether you choose to expedite your order or not. Northwest is a bit quicker in some states, and Rocket Lawyer process orders faster in others. In general, they’re equals in this category.
Both Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer provide basic order status tracking tools on their websites, and they both also send out email notifications. This category is another toss-up.
Registered Agent Service
As we discussed earlier, Northwest Registered Agent includes a full year of registered agent service with any LLC formation purchase. In addition, they’re the only major service provider that locally scans every single document they receive on your behalf, whereas most of their competitors only scan the government forms they’re legally required to scan as your registered agent. After your free 12 months, Northwest charges $125 per year.
Rocket Lawyer does not include registered agent service in their LLC formation package, and they charge a steep $149.99 annual fee to add it on. (What is a registered agent?)
Customer feedback is a pro for both of these companies, but Rocket Lawyer has a slight advantage in this area. They have over 1,700 reviews available online, and the vast majority are quite positive in nature. Northwest Registered Agent also receives high average rating scores for their client feedback, but they only have a few dozen reviews available.
Ease of Use
Rocket Lawyer and Northwest Registered Agent both have user-friendly websites that are easy to navigate, and they both make it very easy to leverage their services. They dramatically simplify the LLC formation process compared to the DIY route, and they’re relatively equal in this regard.
Northwest Registered Agent and Rocket Lawyer are two of the best options for LLC formation service available today. They both have plenty of experience, and they can both save you lots of money compared to hiring a lawyer to form your LLC.
We understand that some of you may still be undecided, so to finish this comparison, we’ll point out a few of the common reasons for choosing each service provider. Regardless of which company’s service you end up using, we wish you the best of luck!
Choose Northwest Registered Agent if You Are:
Are you looking for the lowest prices? Maybe you like the idea of having registered agent service included with your formation? Do you want their premium customer support? These are some of the reasons customers enjoy Northwest’s services.
Choose Rocket Lawyer if You Are:
Do you place a high value on experience? Are you swayed by large volumes of positive customer feedback? These are a couple of great reasons to go with Rocket Lawyer.