CorpNet LLC Service Review (Advantages & Disadvantages)
CorpNet’s ownership group has been in business since 1997, helping form over 100,000 businesses in their 20+ years in the industry.
Although there are a lot of companies offering LLC formation services, CorpNet has earned a dedicated customer base and has the experience to do the job right.
With this CorpNet LLC service review, we’ll cover the details that set their service apart from the competition, and help you decide if you’d like to use their services for your company.
Advantages & Disadvantages
Advantages of CorpNet:
– With hundreds of positive customer reviews across the web, CorpNet’s online feedback is almost entirely positive in nature.
– Every CorpNet LLC formation service package is covered by their 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re unhappy for any reason, they’ll refund all fees you paid to them with no questions asked.
– Their $228 Deluxe package is a pretty good deal, as it includes a full year of registered agent service, a federal tax ID number (EIN), and 24-hour document preparation.
– CorpNet strikes a nice balance between a high level of experience and a personal touch. Their ownership group is a husband-and-wife team with over 100,000 business formations under their belts.
– If you want reliable, responsive customer support, CorpNet is a great choice. They’re available from 10am to 8pm ET every weekday, and they offer bilingual support if you’d rather speak Spanish.
Disadvantages of CorpNet:
– CorpNet’s advertised prices are a bit deceptive compared to their competitors, because they’re the only LLC service we’re aware of that charges a separate shipping fee. They do ship your documents via USPS Priority Mail, but that’s still not worth the mandatory $29 charge that you’ll need to add onto their listed price points.
– Their Basic LLC formation package costs $108, and it includes just 60 days of registered agent service. By contrast, with a service like IncFile you can get a full year of registered agent with LLC formation for just $49 total.
CorpNet LLC Packages
CorpNet has 3 different tiers of LLC service packages: Basic, Deluxe, and Complete. If you would like to take a look at the full list of features available with each service level, check out their website for the complete details.
Basic = $108 + State Fees
– Prep and Filing of Articles of Organization: These are the documents that officially form your LLC with the state. CorpNet will draft these forms for you, then file them with your state of formation to create your new business.
– Name Availability Check: They will search through your state’s business database to ensure that there isn’t another business out there that’s already using your desired company name.
– Corporate Compliance Tool: CorpNet B.I.Z. is a reminder system for crucial deadlines for tax filings, annual reports, etc. It also allows you to store and print business documents.
– 60 Day Registered Agent Service Trial: More on this below!
Deluxe = $228 + State Fees
Everything from the Basic package, plus…
– One Year Registered Agent Service: A registered agent is a person or business entity that receives important legal documents on behalf of your company, then forwards them on to you. Registered agents are required in all 50 states, and CorpNet will provide a year’s worth of service. After your first year, you can purchase registered agent service from CorpNet for $149 per year, although there is no obligation to do so.
– Federal Tax ID Number (EIN): An EIN is like a Social Security Number for your business. It allows you to hire employees, open business bank accounts, pay taxes, etc. CorpNet will acquire this number from the IRS for you.
– 24 Hour Document Prep: They will submit your fully prepped forms to your state within 24 hours of your purchase.
– Print Delivery: CorpNet will send you a hard copy of your formation documents.
Complete = $249 + State Fees
Everything from the Deluxe package, plus…
– LLC Operating Agreement: This important document outlines the ownership structure of your business, and also lays out some ground rules for how the LLC will operate. CorpNet will draft this custom document for you.
– LLC Kit and Seal: A decorative binder and seal with your company name printed on them.
What Are Other Entrepreneurs Saying?
There are about 400 CorpNet reviews available online, and the vast majority of these are highly complementary. There are a lot of positive comments about CorpNet’s excellent support agents, and about how quickly they complete their services.
If you want to get a better feel for their customer feedback, you should spend a few minutes scrolling through the reviews on Trustpilot. At the end of the day, their customer feedback is a pretty big point in their favor. CorpNet seems to be highly popular with their clients.
– Trustpilot: 9.8 out of 10 stars (306 reviews)
– TrustLink: 5.0 out of 5 stars (57 reviews)
Is There a Better CorpNet Alternative?
CorpNet is a strong choice for LLC service, but these days there are dozens of competitors in the market. If CorpNet doesn’t feel right to you for any reason, we can probably find a service that does suit your needs. Our favorite CorpNet alternative is IncFile, thanks in large part to their low rates.
IncFile’s pricing for LLC service starts at just $49, and that package includes a full year of registered agent service ― a feature CorpNet only includes in their $199 Deluxe and $249 Complete packages. IncFile and CorpNet are both quality services, but the pricing advantage tips the scales to IncFile in our opinion.
Is CorpNet Right For You?
CorpNet is a good company with a lot of things going for them, and it’s hard to find too many ways to critique their services. They have the experience to be a reliable provider of LLC formation service, while still retaining the personal touch that made them popular to begin with.
Of course, they’re not perfect for every single business customer, so let’s discuss a couple scenarios where you may or may not want to use their services.
When to Use CorpNet:
If you place a high value on great customer support and nearly universally positive reviews, CorpNet might be your best bet. The 100% satisfaction guarantee is another nice feature that makes them easy to trust.
When NOT to Use CorpNet:
You can save money with some of their competitors, such as IncFile which has a cheaper base rate while also including a full year of registered agent.
With CorpNet, you’re getting great LLC formation service. You can certainly save some money with a provider like IncFile, but CorpNet has many of their own advantages that still make them well worth a look.
Frequently Asked CorpNet Questions
Does CorpNet Offer Any Discounts?
They have a 10% off coupon on their website that is applicable to any business service except their Basic-level formation packages and state/government filings. Just enter the code CORP10 at checkout.
Does CorpNet Have Good Customer Support?
CorpNet is known for having excellent customer support, as many of their clients discuss this very topic in their reviews. In our own experience as well, they really do excel.
Do They Have a Refund Policy?
With their 100% satisfaction guarantee, you have 60 days from your purchase date to request a refund, and they’ll provide it with no questions asked.
Can I Form an LLC on My Own?
Sure, you always have this option. The issue with forming your own LLC is that there can be quite a bit of paperwork involved. Throw in the fact that every state has different requirements for LLC formation, and the DIY route can be considerably more work than you might expect. On the other end of that spectrum, some entrepreneurs hire a lawyer to form their LLCs, but they typically charge much higher rates than an online LLC service.