Northwest Registered Agent LLC Service Review (Pros, Cons & More)
Since opening their doors in 1998, Northwest Registered Agent has carved out a niche as a medium-sized company providing LLC formations and other legal services for business.
This Northwest Registered Agent LLC service review discusses all of the details that set them apart from the competition, and should help you decide whether you’d like to use their services.
Advantages & Disadvantages
Advantages of Northwest Registered Agent:
– Northwest Registered Agent keeps their premium customer support in-house, with a team of professionally trained Corporate Guides. Each customer receives service from a Corporate Guide who knows the ins and outs of your specific business, rather than the outsourced call center support offered by many competitors.
– Even though they offer next-level support, Northwest Registered Agent still has a strong price point for LLC formation service. At just $69 plus state fee, Northwest represents a good bargain.
– They’re one of just a few LLC service providers that includes a full year of registered agent service with any formation service package.
– Unlike many of their competitors, Northwest Registered Agent won’t sell your information to other companies. They also run their own servers and write their own code. In short, they take your security seriously.
Disadvantages of Northwest Registered Agent:
– There are some cheaper ways to form an LLC, like with IncFile for $49 plus state fee.
– Their $199 Premium package is an unimpressive collection of features for the price.
Northwest Registered Agent LLC Packages
With Northwest Registered Agent, customers have three main options for LLC service: Basic, Deluxe, and Platinum. If you would like to examine the way they advertise these packages, feel free to check out their own website for all the details.
Basic = $69 + State Fee
– Name Availability Search: They will search your state’s official business database to make certain that your desired LLC name is still available, and hasn’t already been claimed by another individual or business entity.
– Preparation and Filing of Your Articles of Organization: These documents outline your basic company information so that your state can officially form your new LLC. Northwest Registered Agent will prepare these documents on your behalf, then file them with your state of formation.
– One Year Registered Agent Service: Every LLC in America is required to designate a registered agent. The registered agent is in charge of receiving important legal documents on behalf of your LLC, then forwarding them on to you. Northwest will serve as your registered agent for one year, after which you can renew your service for $125 per year ― although you are under no obligation to do so.
Deluxe = $169 + State Fee
Everything from the Basic package, plus…
– Operating Agreement: This document isn’t usually required by the state to form an LLC, but it is highly recommended. An operating agreement describes how your LLC will be operated, and also outlines the ownership structure of your company.
– Federal Tax ID Number (EIN): Think of an EIN as a Social Security Number for your business. This is a 9-digit numerical code that enables your LLC to hire employees, open business bank accounts, file business taxes, and more. Northwest Registered Agent will obtain your EIN from the IRS.
Premium = $199 + State Fee
Everything from the Deluxe package, plus…
– Same-Day Processing: Northwest Registered Agent will process your order and submit your formation papers to your state the same day you purchase your service.
What Are Other Entrepreneurs Saying?
There aren’t a ton of online customer reviews for Northwest Registered Agent — in fact we only found a few dozen of them scattered across three sites (Google, Yelp, and BBB). The majority of these reviews are positive, with customers praising the support they receive and complimenting Northwest Registered Agent for the speed of their services.
Overall, Northwest Registered Agent doesn’t move the needle one way or the other with customer feedback. It would be nice to see more reviews in general, but the lack of negative feedback is certainly a plus.
– Google: 4.1 out of 5 stars (37 reviews)
– Yelp: 4.0 out of 5 stars (17 reviews)
– Better Business Bureau: 4.0 out of 5 stars (8 reviews)
Better Northwest Registered Agent Alternative?
Northwest Registered Agent is one of the very best LLC service providers available online, but that doesn’t mean they’re the right answer for every entrepreneur looking to form a business. There are dozens of LLC formation services these days, so if Northwest doesn’t feel like a good fit for you, we can probably find a competitor that does.
Our favorite Northwest Registered Agent alternative is IncFile. While IncFile isn’t as much of a premium service as Northwest is, they also have considerably lower price points, starting at just $49 instead of Northwest’s $69 rate. IncFile also has thousands of positive customer reviews available across the web, whereas Northwest has a few dozen.
These are both excellent LLC formation services, but we do slightly prefer IncFile for most of our readers.
Is Northwest Registered Agent Right For You?
At the end of the day, there are more factors working in Northwest Registered Agent’s favor than there are working against them. They’re perfectly capable and worthy of handling your LLC formation process.
Of course, they won’t necessarily be the perfect choice for every single LLC, so to wrap things up, here are a couple of scenarios where you perhaps should or should not use Northwest Registered Agent for LLC services.
When to Use Northwest Registered Agent:
If you’re looking for personalized premium customer support and a full year of registered agent service, look no further than Northwest Registered Agent.
When NOT to Use Northwest Registered Agent:
Some of their competitors can save you money, like IncFile for example. There are also some services that have much more customer feedback than Northwest has.
Northwest Registered Agent is an easy company to recommend for LLC formation service, as their customer support is highly personalized and their service is easily customizable.
Frequently Asked Northwest Registered Agent Questions
Does Northwest Offer Any Discounts?
They don’t have any specific discounts for their LLC service, but Northwest does offer volume discounts on their registered agent service. If you require service in multiple states, they’ll provide a $10 discount for your 4th through 9th states, and $25 discount on each state beyond that.
Does Northwest Have Good Customer Support?
They really do, and in fact their customer service is what they’re known for. Northwest Registered Agent assigns a Compliance Specialist to each of their clients, and that person helps you through every phase of your company’s formation.
Do They Have a Refund Policy?
Their refund policy is fairly convoluted, but in general Northwest Registered Agent will refund your money if you request a refund within 60 days ― less a $25 “You changed your mind fee” (their words, not ours!).
Can I Form an LLC on My Own?
You do always have this option, and there are quite a few entrepreneurs who do choose to form their own LLCs. We would like to caution you that this process can be quite time-consuming, because each state has its own rules and regulations regarding how LLCs are formed and maintained. On the other end of the spectrum, some entrepreneurs choose to hire a lawyer to form their new businesses, but this is much more costly than using an online LLC service.