Northwest Registered Agent vs IncFile: Which is the Better LLC Service?
Are you in the process of registering a Limited Liability Company, but you’re not sure which of the many LLC service providers is right for you?
In this Northwest Registered Agent vs IncFile LLC service comparison, you’ll find concise breakdowns of their common points and their major differences. By the end, you should have a better idea of which one you’d like to use for LLC service.
Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile are two of the most popular LLC services available online for good reason, and we have no problem recommending either of them. Still, IncFile has a couple of advantages that make them our preference.
Most importantly, IncFile’s pricing can save you some money, as their LLC service starts at $49 compared to Northwest’s $79 rate. In addition, IncFile has a much larger volume of customer feedback, although both companies do receive good reviews.
If you would like to learn more about these two LLC service providers before making your decision, read on to comb through all the relevant details.
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: With either of these companies, you’ll save hundreds of dollars over hiring a business lawyer to draft and file your formation documents. The LLC isn’t a terribly complex business structure, so you may not need an attorney’s expertise to begin with.
2) Customer Support: While you are cutting costs significantly, you’re also not going the full DIY route. Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile both have extensive customer service networks that ensure help is just a phone call or email away. Don’t waste time trying to find your own answers to tough formation questions.
3) Registered Agent Service: Both IncFile and Northwest Registered Agent include a full year of registered agent service with any LLC formation purchase. Considering the fact that every LLC needs to designate a registered agent anyway, this is a highly valuable feature.
4) Efficiency: If you need your LLC formed in a hurry, these companies have your back. Both IncFile and Northwest Registered Agent have expedited service available that can cut your processing times down from weeks to mere days.
5) Experience: Both of these companies have extensive track records of successful formation services. IncFile and Northwest Registered Agent each serve thousands of clients, meaning they have the experience necessary to earn your business.
6) Educational: Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile both have a wealth of valuable free information available on their websites that you can use even if you don’t end up becoming a customer. From LLC service to ongoing compliance issues and more, there’s lots to learn on their sites.
7) Security: These providers take different approaches to online security, but they’re both highly effective. IncFile protects their site with Norton Web Security to defend against malware and encrypt data transfers. Northwest Registered Agent runs their own servers and writes their own code for their website, restricting access to your data to just a few individual employees.
Side by Side Comparisons
IncFile’s starting price point of $49 for LLC service is a bit cheaper than Northwest Registered Agent’s base rate of $79. (See Details)
The base offerings for both these companies are quite similar, as they both include the preparation and filing of your articles of organization, as well as a year of registered agent service. The only notable differences are IncFile’s inclusion of a 30-minute business tax consultation, and Northwest Registered Agent’s premium customer service (more on this below…).
Northwest Registered Agent comes out on top here thanks to their Corporate Guide system. Each Northwest customer gets assigned to a highly trained Corporate Guide who will walk you through each step in the LLC formation process. Anytime you have a question, you can contact this same person directly.
IncFile has good support as well, but they’re not quite as responsive as Northwest Registered Agent, as we’ve experienced wait times in excess of 24 hours. Their employees also generally aren’t as knowledgeable as the Corporate Guides at Northwest.
Northwest Registered Agent has served several thousand customers since they opened in 1998, making them a strong mid-sized LLC service provider. IncFile handles a higher volume of customers, as they’ve helped form 150,000+ businesses since 2004.
Both of these companies have processing times that vary by state, and also depending on whether or not you order expedited service. As for how they compare side by side, Northwest Registered Agent is a bit faster in some states, while IncFile holds an advantage in others. Overall, this is a toss up.
In another close similarity, both Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile offer convenient order status tracking tools on their websites. If you ever need to know where you stand in the formation process, you can find out exactly what phase of formation your LLC is currently in.
Registered Agent Service
Both of these companies offer a year of registered agent with LLC service, and Northwest Registered Agent charges $125 per year after that, whereas IncFile has a similar price point of $119. It should be noted that Northwest Registered Agent is the only nationwide registered agent service that locally scans every single document you receive. (What is a Registered Agent?)
These providers both have high-quality reviews, with their customers being nearly universal in their praise. The one major difference is in the quantity of these reviews. Northwest Registered Agent has a few dozen reviews, but IncFile has over 7,000.
Ease of Use
Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile both offer services that are easy to obtain online. While both sites are perfectly functional, IncFile’s is a bit more convenient and user-friendly, so they have a slight advantage in this area.
Better Service to Form an LLC?
As you can see, Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile have plenty of similarities, but also some key differences that set them apart. Depending on the requirements of your specific company, your preference may lie with one or the other for a variety of reasons.
If you haven’t yet decided which service to use, we’ll close this comparison by describing some scenarios that may swing your decision one way or the other.
Choose Northwest Registered Agent if You Are:
Does the personal touch of their great customer support appeal to you? Or perhaps you like the idea of your registered agent locally scanning all documents? These are a couple of the top reasons entrepreneurs choose Northwest Registered Agent.
Choose IncFile if You Are:
Is your priority to get the LLC provider that offers the lowest price points? Maybe you prefer to use companies with lots of customer feedback? Give IncFile a look.