Northwest Registered Agent vs IncFile (Who’s Your Best Bet?)
Are you in the process of forming a new LLC, but you’re not sure which of the many LLC service providers is right for you?
In this Northwest Registered Agent vs IncFile LLC service comparison, you’ll find concise breakdowns of their common points and their major differences. By the end, you should have a better idea of which one you’d like to use for LLC service.
* Quick Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
6 Things They Have In Common
- Affordable: With either of these companies, you’ll save hundreds of dollars over hiring a business lawyer to draft and file your formation documents.
- Customer Support: While you are cutting costs significantly, you’re also not going the full DIY route. Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile both have extensive customer service networks that ensure help is just a phone call or email away. Don’t waste time trying to find your own answers to tough formation questions.
- Faster LLC Filings: If you need your LLC formed in a hurry, these companies have your back. Both IncFile and Northwest Registered Agent have expedited service available that can cut your processing times down from weeks to mere days.
- Good Track Record: Both of these companies have extensive track records of successful formation services. IncFile and Northwest Registered Agent each serve thousands of clients, meaning they have the experience necessary to earn your business.
- Additional Learning: Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile both have a wealth of valuable free information available on their websites that you can use even if you don’t end up becoming a customer. From LLC service to ongoing compliance issues and more, there’s lots to learn on their sites.
- Your Info Is Secure: These providers take different approaches to online security, but they’re both highly effective. IncFile protects their site with Norton Web Security to defend against malware and encrypt data transfers. Northwest Registered Agent runs their own servers and writes their own code for their website, restricting access to your data to just a few individual employees.
Side by Side Comparisons
IncFile’s starting price point of $49 for LLC service is a little more expensive than Northwest Registered Agent’s base rate of $39. (See Details)
The base offerings for both these companies are fairly similar, but there are some key differences. IncFile includes a business tax consultation and a handful of other features with your LLC formation service, which Northwest Registered Agent doesn’t provide. To put it simply, IncFile is great if you’re looking for a service that is totally feature packed, while Northwest Registered Agent gives you “everything you need and nothing you don’t”.
Northwest Registered Agent has served several thousand customers since they opened in 1998, making them a strong mid-sized LLC service provider. IncFile handles a higher volume of customers, as they’ve helped form 150,000+ businesses since 2004.
Northwest Registered Agent comes out on top here and built their entire reputation on having great customer support. IncFile has good support as well, but they’re not quite as responsive as Northwest Registered Agent, and their employees aren’t quite as knowledgeable as the Corporate Guides at Northwest.
Both of these companies have processing times that vary by state, and also depending on whether or not you order expedited service. As for how they compare side by side, Northwest Registered Agent is a bit faster in some states, while IncFile holds an advantage in others. Overall, this is a toss up.
In another close similarity, both Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile offer convenient order status tracking tools on their websites. If you ever need to know where you stand in the formation process, you can find out exactly what phase of formation your LLC is currently in.
Registered Agent Service
Both of these companies offer a year of registered agent with LLC service, but Northwest Registered Agent charges $125 per year after that, whereas IncFile has a price point of $99. It should be noted that Northwest Registered Agent is the only nationwide registered agent service that locally scans every single document you receive. (What is a Registered Agent?)
These providers both have high-quality reviews, with their customers being nearly universal in their praise. The one major difference is in the quantity of these reviews. Northwest Registered Agent has a couple dozen reviews, but IncFile has a couple thousand.
Ease of Use
Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile both offer services that are easy to obtain online. While both sites are perfectly functional, IncFile’s is a bit more convenient and user-friendly.
Which Is Right For You?
As you can see, Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile have plenty of similarities, but also some key differences that set them apart. Depending on the requirements of your specific company, your preference may lie with one or the other for a variety of reasons.
If you haven’t yet decided which service to use, I’ll close this comparison by describing some scenarios that may swing your decision one way or the other.
When to Choose Northwest:
Does the personal touch of their great customer support appeal to you? Or perhaps you like the idea of your registered agent locally scanning all documents? These are a couple of the top reasons entrepreneurs choose Northwest Registered Agent.
When to Choose IncFile:
Is your priority to get the LLC provider that offers the most feature-packed packages? Maybe you prefer to use companies with extensive experience histories and lots of customer feedback? Give IncFile a long look.