Northwest Registered Agent vs MyCorporation (Better Formation Service?)
Are you ready to create a new LLC, but you don’t have the budget to hire a lawyer to assist you with your formation? Are you also uninterested in all the legwork involved with the DIY route?
Thankfully, companies like Northwest Registered Agent and MyCorporation can fill the middle ground by providing LLC formation service at reasonable prices. But how do you figure out which one is the best option for your business?
In this Northwest Registered Agent vs MyCorporation comparison guide, we’ll discuss all the major pros and cons of each service as they relate to each other. By the time you’re done reading, you should have a good idea of which one would best serve your company.
Northwest Registered Agent and MyCorporation are both reliable and trustworthy LLC formation service providers, and they’re both easy to recommend. We believe that you’ll be pleased with your decision regardless of which one you pick. Still, Northwest Registered Agent has some advantages that make them the better option for most of our readers.
Most importantly, Northwest Registered Agent includes 12 months of their premium registered agent service with any of their LLC formation packages, a feature that MyCorporation only includes with their $199 Deluxe and $299 Premium packages. Moreover, Northwest starts their pricing at $79, which is more affordable than MyCorporation’s $89 Basic package.
Do you need some more information before making your decision? Read on as we break down their major differences and common points.
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: With either Northwest Registered Agent or MyCorporation, you’ll receive LLC formation service at a fraction of the price it would cost to hire an attorney. These services are excellent bargains, especially considering the fact that the LLC is not an especially complex business structure, so you may not require a lawyer’s expertise.
2) Customer Support: Even though you’re saving lots of money compared to hiring a lawyer, you’re not going it alone either. Northwest Registered Agent and MyCorporation both have extensive customer service departments, so if you have any questions or problems, they’re only a phone call or an email away.
3) Experience: Both of these companies have formed thousands of LLCs already, so you can be certain that they know exactly what they’re doing. Experience matters, and these service providers both have plenty of it.
4) Efficiency: If you want your LLC to be formed in a hurry, these companies can definitely help. MyCorporation and Northwest Registered Agent both offer expediting service that can speed up your formation from a matter of weeks down to just a few days in some states.
5) Great Customer Reviews: MyCorporation and Northwest Registered Agent both receive fantastic customer reviews. If you appreciate reading feedback from existing clients before you make a purchase, you’ll be quite pleased by what these companies have to offer.
6) Additional Services: Do you also need a federal tax ID number (EIN), foreign qualification, LLC operating agreement, or other business services? MyCorporation and Northwest Registered Agent both offer a wide variety of additional services. They’re truly one-stop shops for your business needs.
7) Educational: There’s a lot to learn on both of these websites, even if you don’t decide to become a customer. MyCorporation has an extensive learning center full of helpful articles on all sorts of business topics, and Northwest Registered Agent has many how-to guides that teach you how several different aspects of the business compliance world work.
Side by Side Comparisons
With Northwest Registered Agent, pricing for LLC formation service starts at $79 plus state fee. By contrast, MyCorporation’s pricing starts at $89. (See Details)
MyCorporation and Northwest Registered Agent have pretty comparable entry-level LLC formation packages, with the one major exception of Northwest including a year of their premium registered agent service. However, if you step up from MyCorporation’s $89 Basic package to their $99 Standard package, they throw in a year of their managed annual report service, which is a feature Northwest Registered Agent does not offer in any formation package.
Northwest Registered Agent opened in 1998, and since then they’ve become a reliable midsize LLC formation service with thousands of customers. As for MyCorporation, they’re a bit bigger of an operation ― they’ve been around since 1995, and they’ve served over 1 million business clients in that time.
MyCorporation has a strong reputation for customer service, as their customers frequently praise their support when they write reviews (more on this in a moment). Their hours of availability run from 10am to 8pm ET on weekdays.
While MyCorporation does have good customer support, Northwest Registered Agent is truly next-level in this area. Northwest assigns one of their friendly and professional Corporate Guides to each client account, and this individual personally walks you through each step of your formation. If you ever have questions, you can call or email your Corporate Guide directly to get an answer. They’re available from 10am to 7pm ET Monday through Friday.
For the most part, turnaround times for these two service providers are pretty similar. They both vary depending on what state you’re forming in, as well as whether you choose to expedite your service or not. One difference is that Northwest Registered Agent lists their estimates on their website, whereas you’ll have to contact MyCorporation to get a turnaround time estimate.
Both Northwest Registered Agent and MyCorporation feature convenient order tracking status update tools on their websites. All you need to do is log into their sites and you can see which step your formation is in. These two companies are equal in this area.
Registered Agent Service
Northwest Registered Agent includes a full year of registered agent with any LLC formation package purchase, and they’re also the only major service provider that locally scans every document they receive on your behalf ― most competitors only scan the government forms that they’re legally required to scan as your registered agent. After your free first year, Northwest charges $125 per year.
As for MyCorporation, they do not bundle registered agent service with their $89 Basic or $99 Standard packages ― only with their $199 Deluxe and $299 Premium packages. As a standalone feature, they charge $120 per year for this service. (What is a registered agent?)
As we mentioned earlier, both of these service providers receive overwhelmingly positive feedback from their clients. The only noteworthy difference is that Northwest Registered Agent has several dozen reviews available online, whereas MyCorporation has a few hundred. This difference is to be expected though, as MyCorporation is a larger company than Northwest is.
Ease of Use
MyCorporation and Northwest Registered Agent both offer streamlined, user-friendly websites that are easy to navigate, and all of their services can be purchased online. They both score highly in the ease-of-use category.
Best Service for LLC Formation?
With Northwest Registered Agent and MyCorporation, we’re talking about two of the best LLC formation service providers available online. They’re both highly respected and experienced, and we’re confident that you’ll be happy with either of them forming your new LLC.
Still, some of you may remain undecided, so to close this comparison, we’ll run down a few of the main reasons why people choose one or the other. No matter which service provider you choose, we wish you the best in your business future!
Choose Northwest Registered Agent if You Are:
Are you looking for the lowest price points? Do you want registered agent bundled with your formation? How about premium customer support? These are a few of the reasons consumers choose Northwest Registered Agent.
Choose MyCorporation if You Are:
Are you looking for the most experienced service provider? Perhaps you want managed annual report service? MyCorporation is well worth a look.