Northwest Registered Agent vs BizFilings (Which is the Better LLC Creator?)
Are you about to enter the LLC formation process, but you don’t have the expertise necessary to go the DIY route? Do you also lack the budget to hire a business attorney to form your LLC?
Thankfully, there are service providers like Northwest Registered Agent and BizFilings that can conveniently form your new company at reasonable rates. But how are you supposed to figure out which one is the right pick for you?
In this Northwest Registered Agent vs BizFilings comparison guide, we’ll discuss their main commonalities and differences. By doing so, we hope to make your decision a bit easier by helping you decide which one has your best interests in mind.
Northwest Registered Agent and BizFilings are both highly popular and reputable companies operating in the LLC services industry. Either one of them can easily form your compliant LLC, and they both have reasonable rates, especially compared to hiring a lawyer. However, in our opinion Northwest Registered Agent has some advantages that BizFilings just can’t match.
First and foremost, Northwest Registered Agent’s $79 price point for LLC formation service is considerably lower than the $99 price tag offered by BizFilings. Furthermore, Northwest receives fantastic customer feedback, whereas BizFilings has very few reviews available at all.
Would you like to get some more info before making your decision? Read on to find out everything you need to know about these two respected LLC formation service providers.
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: With either Northwest Registered Agent or BizFilings, you’ll save a tremendous amount of money compared to hiring a lawyer to draft and file your formation documents. Seeing as the LLC isn’t a terribly complex business structure, you may not even need an attorney’s expertise to begin with.
2) Customer Support: While saving money is always great, you don’t want to go it alone either. These service providers both have customer support networks that can answer all of your tough questions, saving you lots of wasted time hunting down answers on your own.
3) Experience: Northwest Registered Agent and BizFilings have each formed thousands of LLCs before, so you can be confident in their abilities to form your LLC in a compliant, efficient manner. They have the expertise necessary to get the job done right.
4) Efficiency: Are you in a rush to get your LLC formed? That’s no problem whatsoever for service providers like Northwest Registered Agent and BizFilings. They both offer expedited service (for an added cost, of course) that can dramatically speed up the turnaround time for your LLC.
5) Registered Agent Service: These two companies both include registered agent service with their LLC formation packages. BizFilings includes six months of registered agent with their $99 Basic LLC service package, while Northwest Registered Agent throws in a full year with their $79 package.
6) Additional Services: These providers have plenty of other services available to help you maintain your LLC’s compliant status. From foreign qualifications to LLC operating agreements, Northwest Registered Agent and BizFilings have you covered.
7 ) Security: Both of these companies truly care about your online security. BizFilings secures their website using Norton Web Security, while Northwest Registered Agent runs their own servers and has their own in-house coders and developers.
Side by Side Comparisons
BizFilings charges $99 plus state fee for their Basic package, but Northwest Registered Agent beats that price easily with their $79 price point. (See Details)
The major difference between these two LLC services is the fact that Northwest Registered Agent includes a year of registered agent with their LLC formation packages, but BizFilings only supplies six months. Other than that, they’re quite similar.
Northwest Registered Agent has been around since 1998, and since then they’ve served thousands of customers on their way to becoming a trusted and reliable midsize company in the business services industry. As for BizFilings, they’re a somewhat larger operation with 100,000+ businesses formed since 1996.
BizFilings has pretty solid customer service, with helpful support reps that are usually easy to get ahold of. They’re available from 9am to 8pm ET, Monday through Friday.
While BizFilings has more of a standard customer support system, Northwest Registered Agent truly excels in this area. As soon as you become a Northwest client, you’re assigned to one of their helpful and professional Corporate Guides, and that individual personally walks you through each step of the LLC formation process. If you ever have questions, you can contact that person directly via email or phone.
Both of these companies have turnaround times that vary by state, and they also both offer expediting service that can speed up your formation from a matter of weeks to just a few days in some states. Any differences in their processing estimates are usually quite minor, and in general they are equals in this area.
This is another category where these services are essentially equal. Northwest Registered Agent and BizFilings both have order status tracking tools on their websites, and they are both effective.
Registered Agent Service
As we already discussed, Northwest Registered Agent includes a full year of registered agent with any LLC formation package, whereas BizFilings only includes six months in their LLC packages. After your free service period ends, BizFilings charges $149 per year, and Northwest has an annual fee of $125. (What is a registered agent?)
BizFilings has basically no customer feedback at all available online. In fact, we found just three total reviews for their services on the entire internet. Northwest Registered Agent doesn’t have a ton of customer feedback either, but they do have several dozen reviews and they’re nearly all positive.
Ease of Use
Both of these service providers have user-friendly and intuitive websites, and it’s quite simple to order services from either. Northwest Registered Agent and BizFilings both simplify the LLC formation process considerably, and this category is basically a toss-up.
Better Service to Form an LLC?
With Northwest Registered Agent and BizFilings, we’re discussing two of the top LLC formation services available online. They’re both highly experienced, and they’re capable of forming your new LLC in an efficient and effective manner.
Because they’re both strong options, some of you may remain undecided. With that in mind, we’ll cap off this comparison by briefly touching on some of the main reasons you may prefer one over the other. No matter which one you choose, we wish you the best of luck with your new LLC!
Choose Northwest Registered Agent if You Are:
Are you seeking the lowest prices? Do you want a full year of registered agent bundled in with your formation? Are you interested in their premium customer support? These are a few of the reasons people love what Northwest Registered Agent has to offer.
Choose BizFilings if You Are:
Do you feel more comfortable using a service with hundreds of thousands of customers? BizFilings is the more experienced of these two options.