Northwest Registered Agent vs MyCompanyWorks (Dig Up Who’s Better)
Are you looking to form an LLC, but you don’t want to invest the many hours needed to form one on your own? Are you also unwilling or unable to invest hundreds or thousands of dollars into hiring an attorney to form your LLC?
Services like Northwest Registered Agent and MyCompanyWorks exist for just that reason, to make the formation process much easier without costing an arm and a leg. But how do you decide which one has your best interests in mind?
This Northwest Registered Agent vs MyCompanyWorks comparison takes a look at their common features and major differentiators. We hope that this guide makes your decision a bit easier by focusing on the most important factors for your new business.
Northwest Registered Agent and MyCompanyWorks are two of the most popular LLC formation services available online. They’re both capable of forming your LLC quickly and correctly, and we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend either of them. However, Northwest Registered Agent has a few distinct advantages that make them our preference for most LLC formations.
First off, Northwest Registered Agent includes 12 months of registered agent service at no extra charge with any LLC service package, which is a feature that MyCompanyWorks only includes with their $279 Complete package. Secondly, Northwest’s premium customer support is always a welcome feature.
Would you like to learn more about these two respected LLC service providers before making your choice? Read on to discover all you need to know about their strengths and weaknesses.
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: Northwest Registered Agent and MyCompanyWorks can each form an LLC for much less money than it would take to hire a lawyer to draft and file your articles of organization. The LLC isn’t really a complicated business structure anyway, so you may not even need a lawyer’s expertise.
2) Customer Support: Just because you’re saving a bunch of money doesn’t mean you have to go it alone. Both of these service providers have strong customer service departments that can answer all your tough questions.
3) Experience: Both Northwest Registered Agent and MyCompanyWorks have been around for years, and they’ve each helped thousands of customers. Experience matters, and you can rest assured that these two companies have been around the block before. They know exactly how to form a compliant LLC.
4) Efficiency: Do you need your new LLC formed quickly? That’s not an issue for these service providers. MyCompanyWorks and Northwest Registered Agent both have expediting services available that can dramatically speed up the turnaround time for your formation.
5) Great Customer Reviews: It’s always reassuring to read positive customer feedback because it gives you a glimpse of what a given company’s client experience is like. Both of these companies receive tremendous reviews from their customers, so it’s likely that you too will enjoy their services.
6) Additional Services: Are you interested in registered agent service, foreign qualification, LLC operating agreements, and more business services? Both Northwest Registered Agent and MyCompanyWorks provide quite a few other services that can make your life easier as a business owner.
7) Educational: Even if you don’t become a customer, these providers both have lots of educational information available on their websites. MyCompanyWorks has an extensive FAQ section, and Northwest Registered Agent has several handy how-to guides that teach you how different aspects of the business world work.
Side by Side Comparisons
These two providers have pretty similar pricing models. Northwest Registered Agent and MyCompanyWorks both start their pricing at $79.
Northwest Registered Agent includes a full year of their premium registered agent service with any LLC formation package, which is a feature MyCompanyWorks only includes with their $279 Complete package.
However, MyCompanyWorks includes an operating agreement to outline the structure of your LLC, which is a valuable feature that Northwest Registered Agent doesn’t include until you reach their $169 Deluxe and $199 Premium packages.
Northwest Registered Agent has been in business since 1998. They’re a popular midsize company in the business services industry, with thousands of customers served in their 20+ years. MyCompanyWorks opened back in 2001, and they’ve served over 50,000 business clients since then.
MyCompanyWorks has highly responsive customer service that their clients really appreciate. They respond to most calls and emails within just 20 minutes, which is impressive considering this industry often has some long wait times for support.
While MyCompanyWorks certainly has strong support, Northwest Registered Agent is on another level. Every Northwest client receives access to one of their highly trained Corporate Guides. That individual personally guides you through each step of your formation, and if you have any questions or problems, you have their direct phone number and email address.
With either one of these service providers, your turnaround times vary depending on what state you’re forming in, as well as whether you choose to expedite your order. Northwest is quicker in some states, while MyCompanyWorks is a bit faster in others. In general, they’re equals in this area.
MyCompanyWorks sends email updates when your formation’s status changes, whereas Northwest Registered Agent has an order tracking tool on their website. They’re both effective methods, and this really comes down to personal preference.
Registered Agent Service
We’ve already noted how Northwest Registered Agent bundles in a year of their premium registered agent service with any formation package. They’re the only major service provider that scans every document they receive as your registered agent, while most competitors only scan your official government docs. After your free first year, Northwest charges $125 annually.
MyCompanyWorks has an inviting $99 annual rate for registered agent service, but they only include it with LLC formation service in their top-tier package. (What is a registered agent?)
MyCompanyWorks has over 2,000 reviews available online, and nearly all of them are positive. They maintain very high average rating scores, and it’s difficult to find many negative reviews at all. Northwest Registered Agent also receives mostly positive reviews, but they only have a few dozen reviews available instead of thousands.
Ease of Use
These services both make the LLC formation process considerably simpler than the DIY route. Their websites are user-friendly and easy to navigate, and in general they’re relatively even in this category.
MyCompanyWorks and Northwest Registered Agent are both highly reliable and trustworthy LLC formation service providers, and they’re both capable of forming your business the right way. No matter which one you choose, we think you’ll be quite satisfied with the service you receive.
We understand that some of you may still be undecided, so to close this comparison we’ll discuss some of the main reasons people choose to use these two popular services. Regardless of which one you end up using, we wish you the best of luck with your new LLC!
Choose Northwest Registered Agent if You Are:
If you want registered agent bundled in with your LLC formation, or if their premium customer support appeals to you, Northwest Registered Agent should be a nice fit.
Choose MyCompanyWorks if You Are:
Are you looking for the most experienced service provider? Perhaps you’re swayed by a large volume of positive customer reviews? MyCompanyWorks is a great option for these reasons.