Are you in the process of forming a new LLC, but you’re unsure if IncFile is the right choice as your LLC service provider?
There are plenty of options out there, so let’s make certain you’re hiring the best company to provide formation services for your business.
This IncFile LLC service alternatives guide highlights the pros and cons of some top competitors, in order to make this decision as easy as possible for you. Which one is the best fit for you?
3 Fast Facts About IncFile
Before we get too far into our discussion of its alternatives, let’s quickly dig into some core components of IncFile as a company. Here are the three most important attributes of IncFile to know before examining your other options:
- FREE LLC Formations: Not many companies will form your LLC for absolutely nothing except your state fee, but that’s the case with IncFile. Some top competitors charge $100 or more for this same service, but IncFile provides it at no charge.
- Registered Agent Service: Even though they don’t charge any service fees for LLC formations, IncFile still includes a full year of registered agent service with every one of their LLC packages. No other company gives you more without charging you a dime!
- Outstanding Customer Reviews: IncFile has an excellent reputation for customer satisfaction. With about 27,000 reviews available online and only a small handful of negative feedback, it’s clear that IncFile is incredibly popular.
What This Service Is Best Known For: Great low rates, feature-packed formation packages, and a dedication to giving back.
ZenBusiness opened their doors in 2015, and they have a unique approach to business formation services thanks to their use of automation to speed up and simplify several parts of the process. Let’s see how they stack up when compared to IncFile.
- ZenBusiness, other than IncFile, is one of the most affordable LLC services online. For just $39 (plus state fee), they will form your business and provide a full year of registered agent service.
- If you like seeing positive customer reviews, you’ll love ZenBusiness. They have more than 6,200 reviews available online, and it’s difficult to find more than just a small handful of negative reviews.
- We really appreciate ZenBusiness’ commitment to giving back. As a public benefit corporation, ZenBusiness partners with Kiva.org to provide financial lending services to poverty-stricken individuals, and they also loan money to women-owned and minority-owned businesses.
The only negative with ZenBusiness is that if you’re on a VERY tight budget, they might not be the best option for you. If that is the case, IncFile has a free LLC service.
Want to learn more about ZenBusiness? Read our review.
What This Service Is Best Known For: Industry-best customer support and outstanding registered agent service.
Northwest Registered Agent has been providing LLC formation services since 1998, and they’re a highly regarded company with thousands of customers across the country. But how do they compare to IncFile?
- Northwest Registered Agent offers LLC formations starting at $39, which is obviously a higher price point than the $0 base price IncFile charges.
- One major advantage Northwest has over IncFile is its fantastic customer support. IncFile’s customer service is pretty good too, but they can’t match this level of personal support.
- Northwest Registered Agent gets mostly positive feedback from their customers, as does IncFile. The big difference here is in the volume of reviews, as Northwest has around 270, whereas IncFile has more than 26,500 reviews.
Like IncFile, Northwest Registered Agent also includes a full year of registered agent service with any LLC formation package. Additionally, Northwest is the only major service provider that locally scans every document they receive on your behalf as your registered agent.
Want to learn more about Northwest Registered Agent? Read our review.
What This Service Is Best Known For: Extensive marketing campaigns and a massive volume of customers served.
LegalZoom is one of the most popular LLC service providers in the industry. They’ve formed more than 2 million LLCs since they opened in 1999, and they’ve served more than 4 million total customers. They clearly serve a high volume of customers, but do they compare favorably to IncFile overall?
- LegalZoom starts their pricing for LLC formation service at $79, which is exactly $79 more than IncFile charges for their base-rate package.
- While LegalZoom does provide a banking resolution in any LLC package to help you open business bank accounts (a feature IncFile’s base package lacks), they don’t include registered agent service like IncFile does.
- Customer feedback isn’t as much of a positive for LegalZoom as it is for IncFile. Whereas IncFile has more than 26,500 reviews with overwhelmingly high average rating scores, LegalZoom has more than 4,000 reviews split relatively evenly between positive and negative feedback.
Aside from their brand power and high customer volume, another pro for LegalZoom is their extended support hours that run from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays and 10am to 7pm ET on weekends.
If you don’t want to take time out of your busy workday to get assistance, LegalZoom can be a great option. However, it’s worth noting that our LegalZoom alternatives article is one of the most researched reviews that we have.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
What This Service Is Best Known For: Well-rounded services including a 100% satisfaction guarantee and outstanding customer feedback.
CorpNet’s owners got their start in the business services industry back in 1997, and they’ve served more than 100,000 businesses in that time. Their popularity is no big surprise to business owners in the know, as CorpNet has an established reputation as a top-rate LLC service provider. How do they stack up against IncFile?
- CorpNet’s starting price point of $108 before the state fee is higher than the price points offered by IncFile ($0) and LegalZoom ($79).
- If you appreciate the safety net of a satisfaction guarantee, CorpNet has one that covers 100% of the fees you pay them. If you’re not happy for any reason, simply ask for a refund within 60 days of your purchase. IncFile does not have a comparable guarantee.
- Much like IncFile, CorpNet has overwhelmingly positive customer reviews. You can find hundreds of CorpNet reviews all over the internet, and critical feedback is in short supply. The vast majority of CorpNet customers are quite pleased with their service.
CorpNet offers formation packages that don’t really stand out in any one specific way, but their well-rounded LLC service has far more pros than cons.
Want to learn more about CorpNet? Read our review.
All of these companies have their own advantages and disadvantages when it comes to LLC services.
ZenBusiness is the cheapest LLC service, LegalZoom is the most popular, Northwest Registered Agent provides top-notch customer support, and CorpNet is a generally well-rounded provider.
One thing they all share in common is their ability to effectively and efficiently form your new LLC. No matter which provider you choose, you’ll save hundreds of dollars over hiring an attorney to draft and file your formation documents.
In general, our preferred alternative is ZenBusiness. They have great rates for LLC service, and plenty of experience to get the job done right.
Customer Feedback Comparison
One of the most important aspects of any LLC formation service is the customer feedback the company receives. To help you analyze each company’s customer reviews, we decided to create this customer feedback comparison section that breaks down how these companies stack up next to each other in this crucial area.
LLC formation services can have customer feedback collections that vary considerably in both quality and quantity. With this in mind, we created the following comparison in an attempt to make it as easy as possible for you to compare these companies in an apples-to-apples manner.
- IncFile: 26,608 reviews / 4.8-star average score
- Northwest Registered Agent: 269 reviews / 4.4-star average score
- ZenBusiness: 6,260 reviews / 4.8-star average score
- LegalZoom: 4,070 reviews / 4.1-star average score
- CorpNet: 494 reviews / 4.6-star average score
Frequently Asked Questions
Got IncFile alternatives questions? We’ve got answers.
Do Any of These Services Handle Requirements Like Publication?
CorpNet and ZenBusiness are the only two of these five service providers that offer publication service in states where it’s required. They’re truly a comprehensive LLC formation companies!
Northwest Registered Agent doesn’t offer to take care of publication on your behalf, but they do provide detailed instructions to help you complete this step on your own. Unfortunately, IncFile and LegalZoom do not provide any assistance with publication requirements.
Which Service Has the Fewest Upsells?
ZenBusiness, Northwest, and IncFile both do a great job of minimizing their upsell attempts. CorpNet isn’t bad regarding upsells either, but we’re not huge fans of the way they don’t include their $29 shipping charge in their advertised prices.
On the other hand, LegalZoom has more than $1,000 worth of upsells on their LLC formation service order form.
Do These Services Share My Information With Third Parties?
IncFile and ZenBusiness are the only two of these services that share your personal information with third-party partners.
IncFile has a few “special offers” on their LLC service order form like a business bank account and a website building package that require sharing your info with other companies. Meanwhile, ZenBusiness’ upper-tier packages have features like domain name registration and a corporate website that are provided by third parties. As for Northwest, CorpNet, and LegalZoom, they do not do this, at least that we’re aware of.
Are Any of These Services Faster than the Others?
For the most part, IncFile, Northwest, and CorpNet have similar filing times, because they all base their turnaround times on how quickly your state processes formations.
LegalZoom and ZenBusiness take a different approach, as they base their processing speeds on which level of service you purchase from them.
Which Service Has the Best Refund Policy?
CorpNet and LegalZoom have identical refund policies that are among the best in this entire industry. Their satisfaction guarantees give you 60 days from your initial purchase date to request a refund, and they will provide it with no questions asked and no convenience fees charged. The other companies in this guide have refund policies of varying quality, but CorpNet and LegalZoom are the better options in this regard.
Can I Just Form an LLC on My Own, Without a Service?
You certainly can. In fact, plenty of entrepreneurs do form their own LLCs every day, without any assistance. However, it can take quite a bit of legwork to determine your state’s exact requirements. Plus, there’s no substitute for the peace of mind we receive from professional services like the ones discussed in this guide.