Harvard Business Services LLC Review (Advantages & Disadvantages)
Harvard Business Services opened in 1981, and they’ve served 175,000+ businesses since then.
Considering how much competition there is in the LLC formation industry, it’s impressive that they have such longevity of operations and volume of customers.
This Harvard Business Services LLC service review is laid out in a way that makes it as easy as possible for you to find the information you need regarding their pros and cons, pricing and features, and more. Read on to find out if they’re a good fit for your business.
Advantages & Disadvantages
Advantages of Harvard Business Services:
– If you put a lot of weight on customer reviews, Harvard Business Services makes a strong case in that department. They have thousands of reviews across the web, with nearly universally high scores.
– Harvard Business Services runs highly valuable sales. For example, they’re currently offering $100 off any formation package, which is a total game-changer that takes their prices from “too high” to “pretty reasonable.”
– Each of their LLC formations includes a year of registered agent service at no extra charge. Furthermore, if you add additional years of registered agent, it’s only $50 annually which is the lowest rate we’ve seen and that price is guaranteed not to increase over the life of your company.
– In a hurry? They can provide same-day formation with expedited service.
– If you need service in Spanish, they offer bilingual customer support and even have a Spanish version of their full website.
Disadvantages of Harvard Business Services:
– They only form LLCs in Delaware. If you want to form anywhere other than Delaware, you’ll need to find another option. Here’s our list of top LLC services.
– Their higher-priced Basic ($139 + state fee) and Standard ($239) tiers don’t add much value over the baseline Green ($89) package.
Harvard Business Services LLC Packages
Harvard Business Services has three packages of LLC formation service to choose from: Green, Basic, and Standard. We’ll summarize them below, but if you want to see the full details as they describe them, you can do so on their website.
Before we dive into their packages, we’d like to clarify their pricing a bit. Unlike their competitors, Harvard Business Services includes Delaware’s $90 state fee in their listed prices, and there’s also a $100 discount coupon available for any package on their website. With this in mind, the following price points are calculated to match the ones found in our other LLC service reviews, so that you can easily compare them if you so choose.
Green = $89 + State Fee
– Preparation and Filing of Articles of Organization: The articles of organization are the forms you fill out in order to officially create your new business with the state of Delaware. Harvard Business Services will create these documents for you, and also submit them to the state.
– Name Availability Check: They will search through Delaware’s official business database to ensure that your desired business name is still available, and hasn’t already been claimed by another company.
– 1 Year Registered Agent Service: A registered agent is a person or entity that receives important document deliveries from the state on your behalf, then forwards them to you. This is required of all Delaware LLCs. Harvard Business Services will provide registered agent service for one year, after which you can renew for $50/year, which is the cheapest rate we’re aware of anywhere online. Of course, you are under no obligation to renew this service.
– Lifetime Customer Support: Contact them via phone or email from 9am to 5pm ET Monday through Friday, throughout the life cycle of your business.
– Ongoing Compliance Notifications: If you’re required to file annual reports, tax documents, or any other filings with the state of Delaware, Harvard Business Services will send you regular reminders of these deadlines.
– Digital Copy of Filed Documents
Basic = $139 + State Fee
Everything from the Green package, plus…
– Sample Documents: You’ll receive templates to create your own LLC operating agreement, banking resolution form, digital membership certificates, and more.
– Hard Copy of Filed Documents w/ Priority Mailing
Standard = $239 + State Fee
Everything from the Basic package, plus…
– LLC Kit and Seal: A binder with your company name embossed on it, plus a decorative seal customized for your LLC. Also includes some more sample documents, a meeting minute book, transfer ledger to track ownership changes, and more.
Harvard Business Services also offers international LLC service. The Green package is exactly the same as the domestic version, and the Standard level is very similar to its domestic counterpart as well.
The only real difference is that the international Basic package includes things like apostille and notary services to maintain compliance outside the US. If you want the full details on these packages, see how they advertise their international services on their website.
What Are Other Entrepreneurs Saying?
There are thousands of Harvard Business Services reviews all around the web, and nearly all of them are positive in nature. If you would like to read some of them for yourself — which we always advise — you can check them out on TrustPilot, BBB.org, and Facebook.
Generally speaking, their clients praise the efficiency of their services, and also compliment their professional and friendly customer service agents. It would be difficult to find a company that has better customer feedback than Harvard Business Services, and it’s therefore a major point in their favor.
– Trustpilot: 9.8 out of 10 stars (2,228 reviews)
– Better Business Bureau: 5.0 out of 5 stars (197 reviews)
Is There a Better Harvard Business Services Alternative?
There are dozens of companies providing online LLC services these days. While Harvard Business Services is certainly a solid choice, if they don’t feel exactly right to you, we can probably find another service that does. In general, our preferred alternative to Harvard Business Services is IncFile.
First and foremost, IncFile will form an LLC in any state, as opposed to Harvard Business Services only offering service in the state of Delaware. In addition, IncFile has a lower base price point of $49, compared to the $89 offering from Harvard Business Services.
All told, these are both great LLC service providers, but for most of our readers, IncFile is the preferred option.
Is Harvard Business Services Right For You?
Harvard Business Services is one of the top LLC service options for formations in Delaware. Their speedy filing times and affordable service packages make them worthy of consideration for any entrepreneur. Of course, no one solution will fit every business type, so let’s finish by discussing scenarios where you may or may not want to use their services.
When to Use Harvard Business Services:
If you’re forming an LLC in Delaware, they’re clearly a great option. Also, if you place high value on customer feedback, it’s hard to go wrong with Harvard Business Services.
When NOT to Use Harvard Business Services:
If you want to form in any state other than Delaware, you’ll need to find someone else. Additionally, even though their prices are quite low, you can still save a bit of money on basic LLC formation with an option like IncFile’s $49 baseline package.
With their efficient, affordable Delaware LLC formation packages, Harvard Business Services is a great choice for LLC service online.
Frequently Asked Harvard Business Services Questions
Does Harvard Business Services Offer Any Discounts?
Harvard Business Services offers $100 off any LLC formation package at all times. You can find this discount at the top of their website’s home page.
Does Harvard Business Services Have Good Customer Support?
Both in our own experience and as it pertains to their general reputation, Harvard Business Services has top-rate customer service. They’ll provide all the support you need throughout your company’s life cycle, and you can contact them any weekday between 9am and 5pm ET.
Do They Have a Refund Policy?
As long as you request your refund within 30 days, they will provide it less a 5% service fee with no questions asked.
Can I Form an LLC on My Own?
Of course. Many entrepreneurs do form their own LLCs. We don’t usually recommend this though, because every state has different rules and regulations regarding how to form an LLC, and it can get pretty complicated. On the other side of the coin, some people choose to hire a lawyer to form an LLC, but this route is usually much more expensive than using an online LLC service.