Harvard Business Services vs IncFile (Which is Right for You?)
Are you interested in forming your own LLC, but you don’t want to try the DIY route? Are you also unwilling to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars hiring a business lawyer to form your company?
That’s why companies like Harvard Business Services and IncFile exist, to form LLCs cheaply and effectively. But how do you pick the best one?
In this Harvard Business Services vs IncFile comparison, you’ll find everything you need to know about each service. From their commonalities to their major differences, read on to discover all the relevant details. Which one should you choose?
With Harvard Business Services and IncFile, we’re discussing two of the top LLC formation services available online. They’re both reputable companies, and they’re both easy to recommend. However, IncFile has a few distinct advantages that make them our preference for most of our readers.
First off, IncFile forms LLCs in all 50 states, whereas Harvard Business Services only forms Delaware LLCs. In addition, IncFile’s starting price point of $49 (plus state fee) is considerably lower than the $89 you’ll pay for Harvard Business Services.
Do you still need some more information before making your decision? Let’s get down to the details and figure out which one is the right provider for you!
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: Harvard Business Services and IncFile can both save you hundreds of dollars compared to hiring a lawyer to draft and file your formation documents. Furthermore, LLCs are typically rather simple business structures, so you may not need an attorney’s expertise to begin with.
2) Customer Support: Even though you’re saving so much money by not hiring a lawyer, you still aren’t going it alone. Both of these companies have extensive customer support departments that are only a phone call or email away if you need any assistance.
3) Experience: IncFile and Harvard Business Services have each formed thousands of LLCs, so they clearly have the expertise to get the job done right.
4) Registered Agent: These service providers both include a full year of registered agent service with your LLC formation purchase. Every LLC in America needs to designate a registered agent to receive and forward your important government documents, so this is a very valuable bonus.
5) Customer Reviews: Both Harvard Business Services and IncFile have thousands of customer reviews available online, and they also both maintain high average rating scores. It’s clear that their clients truly appreciate their services.
6) Additional Services: Do you need assistance with other popular business services like federal tax ID number (EIN) acquisition, foreign qualifications, or LLC operating agreements? Harvard Business Services and IncFile provide many additional services, making them one-stop shops for your LLC.
7) Efficiency: Do you need your LLC formed in a hurry? That’s not a problem for these companies. Both IncFile and Harvard Business Services offer expedited service (for an additional fee, of course) that can speed up your formation from a matter of weeks to mere days.
Side by Side Comparisons
IncFile’s pricing starts at $49, which is obviously quite a bit lower than the $89 rate charged by Harvard Business Services. (See Details)
As we mentioned before, both of these companies provide a year of registered agent service in their base packages. For the most part, Harvard Business Services and IncFile offer very similar LLC formation packages, and the only noteworthy difference is IncFile’s inclusion of a 30-minute business tax consultation.
Of course, it is worth reiterating that IncFile will form an LLC in any state, whereas Harvard Business Services solely forms companies in Delaware.
IncFile has served 150,000+ clients since they opened back in 2004. While Harvard Business Services has been around longer (since 1981), they’ve served a comparable volume of customers, with over 175,000 clients served.
Harvard Business Services has excellent support that their customers often rave about in their reviews. They have friendly and knowledgeable representatives, and they’re available from 9am to 5pm Monday through Thursday, and 9am to 4pm on Fridays.
IncFile also has high-quality customer service, but their responsiveness can leave something to be desired at times. While it’s not the norm for them, we have had to wait in excess of 24 hours to get a response from them in the past. Their support reps are available from 10am to 7pm ET on weekdays.
Harvard Business Services has a distinct advantage in this area, as their typical turnaround time for a Delaware LLC is 1-3 days. IncFile takes about 15 days to form a Delaware LLC, which can be cut down to around 5 days if you expedite your order. As for other states, IncFile’s turnaround times vary depending on which state you’re forming in.
To get information regarding your order status from Harvard Business Services, they recommend that you email or call them and provide your name, company name, and order number. It’s not nearly as efficient a system as IncFile’s handy online order status tracking tool.
Registered Agent Service
As we discussed earlier, both of these companies provide a full year of registered agent service in their LLC packages at no extra charge. Beyond that, Harvard Business Services charges just $50 per year, and also guarantees that rate will stay at $50 for the life of your LLC. This is a much better deal than IncFile’s $119 annual fee for registered agent. (What is a registered agent?)
Harvard Business Services and IncFile both receive excellent customer feedback, with thousands of reviews each and very few critical reviews. These are truly two of the best in the business when it comes to customer feedback.
Ease of Use
Both of these services will make the LLC formation process much easier than the DIY route. Our preference in this area is IncFile because their website is a bit more streamlined and user-friendly than that of Harvard Business Services.
Which LLC Service Should You Choose?
Harvard Business Services and IncFile are two of our favorite LLC formation services, and they’re both worthy of forming your new company. Since they are both such strong choices, we would understand if you haven’t quite made up your mind yet. With that in mind, let’s close this comparison piece by discussing some factors that lead entrepreneurs to choose one or the other.
Choose Harvard Business Services if You Are:
If you are forming an LLC in Delaware and want the fastest service, Harvard Business Services is an easy choice. In addition, their registered agent service is cheaper than IncFile’s.
Choose IncFile if You Are:
If you want the lowest price on LLC service, or if you want to form an LLC in any state other than Delaware, IncFile is your best option.