SunDoc Filings vs IncFile (Who Wins For You?)
Are you looking to form a new LLC, but you don’t want to dive into the hassles of the DIY option?
Fortunately, there are many service providers offering LLC formation services these days, but on the other hand it can be tricky to decide which one of them has the best service for your business.
This SunDoc Filings vs IncFile LLC service comparison takes a look at the shared attributes and major differences between these two companies. I hope that this information makes your decision a much simpler one. Let’s figure out which one is right for you!
* Quick Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
7 Things They Have In Common
- Affordable: With either SunDoc Filings or IncFile, you’re getting a service that will save you loads of cash over hiring a lawyer to draft and file your formation articles. Both of these companies are hundreds of dollars cheaper than paying attorney fees.
- Good Customer Support: While saving money is always important, so is getting knowledgeable assistance with your LLC formation. IncFile and SunDoc Filings both have customer support networks that can provide you with the answers to your tough questions. Rather than wasting time hunting down answers on your own, a quick phone call can get the job done.
- Experience: Is experience important to you? Both SunDoc Filings and IncFile have helped with thousands of LLC formations over the years, so they have the expertise to get your business up and running in an efficient, effective manner.
- Great Customer Reviews: Everyone appreciates reading positive customer reviews, right? With IncFile and SunDoc Filings, there are hundreds of reviews across the web, and the vast majority of them are highly positive. It’s a great way to get a feel for what their customer experience is like.
- Fast LLC Services: Are you in a hurry to get your LLC formed? No problem! SunDoc Filings and IncFile offer expedited service (for an additional fee, of course) that can get your formation done in a few days in most states.
- Additional Options: Do you also need other business services, like registered agent, federal tax ID number (EIN), etc.? Instead of shopping around with multiple companies, you can get everything you need from either SunDoc Filings or IncFile. They’re truly one-stop business solutions shops!
- Your Information Is Secure: Your online security is important to these companies. SunDoc Filings uses GeoTrust to supply their site with top-notch security certificates. IncFile has Authorize.net verifying their merchant identity for purchases, and Norton Web Security protects their site from malware.
Side by Side Comparisons
SunDoc Filings will prepare and file your your formation documents starting at $79 (plus state fee). On the other hand, IncFile has LLC formation services for as little as $49.
With their $49 package, IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service, along with an hour-long business tax consultation. SunDoc Filings only includes the bare essentials of formation at their $99 price point, but they do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that IncFile doesn’t offer.
SunDoc Filings has formed thousands of businesses since they opened in 1999, and IncFile has served over 150,000 customers since 2004. They’re both highly experienced companies with long track records of successful formations.
Both of these companies have relatively similar customer service availability hours, and they both have helpful, professional support agents answering their phones. The one major difference in my eyes is that SunDoc Filings is a bit easier to get ahold of. I’ve personally had to wait over 24 hours to hear back from IncFile in the past.
SunDoc Filings and IncFile both have variable turnaround times that depend on how quickly your state of formation processes orders. In general, their processing times are about even, except in California. Because SunDoc Filings is based in Sacramento, CA, they offer 24-hour turnarounds in that state.
IncFile offers their customers a slick real-time order status tracking tool, which you can access on their website. SunDoc Filings doesn’t have anything quite as advanced as that, but you can see where your order stands if you log into your account on their site.
Registered Agent Service
IncFile includes your first year of registered agent service at no extra charge when you purchase any LLC formation package. After that, they have an annual rate of $119. SunDoc Filings does not include free registered agent service with their LLC service at any level, and it costs $149 per year to add on. (What is a Registered Agent?)
It’s hard to choose a favorite when it comes to customer feedback, but that’s only because both of these companies receive such great reviews from their clients. SunDoc Filings and IncFile both have over 1,000 reviews available online, and the vast majority of that feedback is very positive.
Ease of Use
It’s not a big deal, but I’ll give IncFile the edge here. There’s nothing wrong with the SunDoc Filings website, but IncFile is a larger operation and the top-rate design of their website reflects that.
Who Wins For You?
With SunDoc Filings and IncFile, we have two great companies that are both worthy of helping you form your LLC. Both of these service providers are capable of saving you lots of money compared to hiring a traditional law firm to form your new business.
Because they’re both such strong options, some of you may still be undecided. With that in mind, let’s wrap up this comparison by taking a look at a couple of scenarios that may sway your opinion one way or the other. No matter which one you ultimately use for your LLC service, I wish you the best of luck!
Choose SunDoc Filings if You Are:
Are you forming an LLC in California, and the option of a 24-hour turnaround appeals to you? Do you want a satisfaction guarantee covering your purchase? These are some of the reasons customers choose SunDoc Filings.
Choose IncFile if You Are:
Do you want the lowest prices, paired with feature-packed formation service packages? IncFile is such a popular choice for a reason.