Northwest Registered Agent vs IncNow (Compare These LLC Services)
Are you in the process of forming a new LLC, but you aren’t familiar enough with the legalities to try the DIY route? Are you also unwilling or unable to shell out the hundreds or thousands of dollars it would take to hire a lawyer to form your LLC?
Thankfully, companies like Northwest Registered Agent and IncNow fill in the middle ground between these options, offering convenient and compliant business formations at a fraction of the cost of an attorney’s fees. But how do you pick the right one for your business?
This Northwest Registered Agent vs IncNow comparison guide takes a look at their main commonalities and differences. By the time you’re done reading, you should have a good idea of which one best suits your needs.
Northwest Registered Agent and IncNow are both reputable and popular LLC formation services. They’ve each formed thousands of businesses, and they both have the knowhow to get the job done right. Still, Northwest Registered Agent has some distinct advantages that make them our preferred pick for most of our readers.
First and foremost, Northwest Registered Agent offers LLC formation service starting at $79, which is considerably more affordable than the $99 price point offered by IncNow (unless you’re a Delaware resident and you don’t want registered agent service…more on this in a bit!). Furthermore, Northwest forms businesses in all 50 states, but IncNow only forms Delaware businesses.
Do you need some more info before making your choice? Let’s dive into the details and see which one is the better option for you.
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: With either one of these providers, you’re saving loads of cash compared to hiring a lawyer to draft and file your articles of organization. Especially considering the LLC isn’t a tremendously complicated business structure, you may not even require an attorney’s expertise anyway.
2) Customer Support: While these companies save you money, they also don’t leave you to go it alone either. IncNow and Northwest Registered Agent both have extensive customer support networks that can get your tough questions answered in a hurry.
3) Experience: Experience matters in this industry, which is part of why we recommend Northwest Registered Agent and IncNow. They’ve both been around for years, and they’ve both formed thousands of businesses. They certainly know how the world of LLC formation works, and you can fully trust them to form your new business.
4) Efficiency: Do you need your formation done quickly? These service providers both offer expediting options that can speed up your formation from weeks down to days in many states. IncNow and Northwest Registered Agent take efficiency seriously.
5) Registered Agent Service: Northwest Registered Agent and IncNow both include a full year of registered agent service with any LLC formation package. This is a highly valuable feature, especially considering the fact that every LLC in America needs to designate a registered agent to receive and forward important government documents.
6) Great Customer Reviews: Reading positive customer feedback is always reassuring when you’re about to make any purchase. Thankfully, both Northwest Registered Agent and IncNow receive very high marks from their clients. The customer experience with both of these companies is usually a positive one.
7) Additional Services: Do you need to acquire a federal tax ID number (EIN)? How about a foreign qualification? Maybe you want an operating agreement or other documents? IncNow and Northwest Registered Agent both have plenty of other business services available that you can choose to leverage if you so desire.
Side by Side Comparisons
Northwest Registered Agent starts their pricing at $79 plus state fee. IncNow charges $99, but if you reside in the state of Delaware and you want to serve as your own registered agent, they offer formation service for as little as $9, which is the lowest price we’ve seen in this industry.
The base formation packages offered by Northwest Registered Agent and IncNow are nearly identical. Both provide the basics of formation, including name availability searches and the preparation and filing of your articles of organization, and they also both include a full year of registered agent service. Of course, it’s worth noting again that IncNow only forms companies in Delaware, whereas Northwest forms businesses in any state.
Northwest Registered Agent has been providing affordable and convenient business services since they opened in 1998. Over the past 20+ years, they’ve become a trusted midsize company in the LLC formation service industry.
IncNow was formed way back in 1974, giving them longevity that few competitors in this industry can match. They’ve served thousands of customers over the years.
IncNow has a solid reputation when it comes to customer service, as their well-trained and friendly representatives can help you solve pretty much any issue that arises with your LLC formation. They’re available from 9am to 5pm ET, Monday through Friday.
While IncNow’s customer support is quite good, Northwest Registered Agent is on another level entirely. Every Northwest client is assigned to one of their Corporate Guides ― a professional and helpful employee who personally walks you through each step of your formation. You also receive your Guide’s direct contact info, so they’re always just a phone call or email away. Their hours of operation run from 11am to 8pm on weekdays.
With IncNow, your Delaware LLC formation takes 4-6 days with standard processing, which can be accelerated to just 24 hours with expedited processing. Northwest Registered Agent states that they can form a Delaware LLC in 1-2 days, and their processing times for the other 49 states vary depending on state guidelines.
Northwest Registered Agent has a handy order status tracking tool on their website. IncNow sends standard order confirmation emails, but if you want updates beyond that, you’ll need to contact them. In our opinion, Northwest’s method is more convenient, but it’s not a big deal.
Registered Agent Service
Both IncNow and Northwest Registered Agent include 12 months of registered agent service with the purchase of any LLC service package. If you want these service providers to continue as your registered agent after your first year, IncNow charges $90 annually, compared to $125 for Northwest.
It’s worth mentioning that Northwest Registered Agent is the only major service provider that locally scans every document they receive as your registered agent ― most competitors only scan the government documents that they’re required to scan. (What is a registered agent?)
IncNow receives fantastic customer feedback, with about 400 reviews available online and only a small handful of critical feedback. As for Northwest Registered Agent, they too maintain high average rating scores on review sites, but they have a much smaller collection of feedback, amounting to a few dozen reviews.
Ease of Use
Both of these services make the formation process much simpler than the DIY route, and they both have websites that are intuitive and easy to navigate. We don’t really have a preference in this area.
Which LLC Service Should You Choose?
Northwest Registered Agent and IncNow are both highly experienced and reputable companies in the LLC formation service industry. Both of them are capable of forming your LLC quickly and correctly, and we’re confident that you’ll get your money’s worth with either one.
We understand that some of you are still undecided, so to finish this comparison guide, we’ll briefly touch on a few of the reasons why customers choose each service. Either way, we wish you the best of luck with your new LLC!
Choose Northwest Registered Agent if You Are:
Are you forming an LLC in any state other than Delaware? Perhaps you’re looking for the most affordable combination of LLC formation and registered agent service? These are a couple great reasons to choose Northwest Registered Agent.
Choose IncNow if You Are:
If you’re forming a business in Delaware and want to serve as your own registered agent, or if you prefer large quantities of customer feedback, IncNow should be a great choice.