MyCompanyWorks vs BizFilings (Which is the Better LLC Service?)
Are you in the process of forming a new LLC, but you don’t have experience with the DIY route? Do you also lack the budget to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars hiring a lawyer to form your new business?
That’s why service providers like MyCompanyWorks and BizFilings exist, to professionally form businesses at a fraction of the cost of an attorney. But how do you decide which one to use?
In this MyCompanyWorks vs BizFilings comparison guide, we’ll examine the characteristics they share, as well as those that set them apart. When you’re done reading, we’re confident that you’ll know which one is the right choice for your business.
MyCompanyWorks and BizFilings are two of our favorite LLC formation service providers. They both have plenty of experience, as well as the knowhow to quickly and correctly form your new LLC. However, MyCompanyWorks has a few advantages that make them our preference for most of our readers.
To begin with, MyCompanyWorks has a base rate of $79 for LLC formation service, which is less expensive than the $99 price point offered by BizFilings. Furthermore, MyCompanyWorks receives fantastic customer reviews, whereas BizFilings essentially does not have customer feedback available online.
Do you need some more info before you make your decision? If so, read on as we dig into the details of these two highly respected LLC service providers.
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: Both of these service providers are capable of saving you a tremendous amount of money compared to hiring a lawyer to draft and file your articles of organization. When you consider that the LLC isn’t all that complicated of a business structure to begin with, you may not really need an attorney’s expertise anyway.
2) Customer Support: While it’s always beneficial to save some money, you also don’t want to have to hunt down answers for yourself anytime you have questions or concerns. With this in mind, MyCompanyWorks and BizFilings each have customer service representatives that are knowledgeable and friendly. They can answer even your toughest questions, leaving you more time to focus on running your LLC.
3) Experience: When you’re doing something important like forming a new LLC, you don’t want to trust an inexperienced company to handle the process. Thankfully, both MyCompanyWorks and BizFilings have plenty of experience, as they’ve each formed thousands of businesses in the past.
4) Efficiency: Sometimes, you need your LLC formation completed quickly. That’s no problem at all for these service providers, as MyCompanyWorks and BizFilings both offer expedited processing (for an additional fee) that can really speed up your formation. Your turnaround time could go from months down to mere days in some states!
5) Guaranteed Services: Both of these companies offer strong guarantees to back up their products and services. BizFilings guarantees that all of their business filings are accurate and timely, and the guarantee lasts for the life of your company. MyCompanyWorks has a 100% satisfaction guarantee that states if you are unhappy with their service for any reason, you can request a refund at any time within 90 days of your purchase.
6) Educational: Even if you don’t decide to become one of their customers, both of these companies have a tremendous amount of valuable information available on their websites. BizFilings has their Business Owner’s Toolkit that provides info on many business topics from how to choose the right business structure to how to manage your taxes. As for MyCompanyWorks, they have a free incorporation and LLC formation guidebook.
7) Additional Services: Do your needs go beyond the simple formation of your LLC? Do you need an operating agreement, or other business docs? Perhaps you’re looking for registered agent service? Maybe you need a federal tax ID number (EIN)? These companies can both provide these services and many more.
Side by Side Comparisons
MyCompanyWorks has a price point of $79 (plus state fee) for LLC formation service, which is a bit more affordable than the $99 rate offered by BizFilings. (See Details)
These companies both provide the essentials, like the drafting and filing of your articles of organization, as well as a business name availability check. Beyond that, they each offer some interesting features that may affect your preference between the two.
MyCompanyWorks bundles in an LLC operating agreement to outline the ownership structure and operational strategy of your business, as well as organizational minutes that can help you plan meetings. As for BizFilings, their base-rate package includes a 6-month trial of their registered agent service to receive and forward your important government documents, as well as a 6-month trial of their online compliance management tool that tracks filing deadlines and other ongoing compliance issues.
BizFilings was founded in 1996, and since then they’ve helped over 500,000 business clients. While MyCompanyWorks is a smaller operation, they have handled their fair share of customers as well, with 50,000+ served since 2001.
These companies are pretty comparable in terms of customer service, but we’ll give MyCompanyWorks a slight edge. They respond to most calls and emails within just 20 minutes if you contact them during business hours. They’re available from 10:30am to 7:30pm ET, Monday through Friday.
BizFilings has solid support as well, but their response times can be a bit longer. Their helpful service reps do have slightly longer availability each day than their counterparts at MyCompanyWorks, as they have hours of operation that run from 9am to 8pm ET on weekdays.
While these two service providers both base their turnaround times on the requirements set forth by your formation state, MyCompanyWorks has some advantages. With BizFilings, their processing time estimates are often just a bit longer than those of MyCompanyWorks, and the BizFilings expediting options are also often much more expensive.
Part of this is because BizFilings charges an additional $60 to expedite your order on top of your state’s expediting fee, meaning their expedited service can get outrageously expensive in a big hurry.
BizFilings has a handy order status tracking tool on their website that gives you a clear picture of what step your formation is in at any given time. This is a somewhat more convenient option than MyCompanyWorks offers, as they send out emails whenever your status updates.
Registered Agent Service
We already mentioned that BizFilings includes six months of registered agent service in any of their LLC formation packages, a feature which MyCompanyWorks does not include unless you step up to their $279 Complete package. Beyond that, MyCompanyWorks charges a flat rate of $99 per year for registered agent, whereas BizFilings charges the much steeper price of $149. (What is a registered agent?)
Customer feedback is a big pro for MyCompanyWorks. They have well over 2,000 reviews available online, and nearly all of them are positive. This is in stark contrast to BizFilings, which despite hundreds of thousands of customers, has essentially zero reviews online (we were only able to find three total reviews anywhere). This category is clearly a major advantage for MyCompanyWorks.
Ease of Use
This category is a toss-up in our opinion. Both of these companies offer services that are impressively simple to leverage, and their websites are both easy to navigate.
MyCompanyWorks and BizFilings are two of the top LLC formation services available. Either of them will do a reliable and professional job of forming your new LLC, and they’re both much less expensive than paying a lawyer’s fees.
We understand that some of you may still be undecided, so to finish this comparison, we’ll briefly discuss a few of the reasons customers most commonly choose one or the other. No matter which one you end up using to help form your LLC, we wish you nothing but the best with your new business!
Choose MyCompanyWorks if You Are:
Do you value low price points for your LLC formation? Are you attracted to companies with large volumes of positive customer feedback? Are you seeking fast turnaround times? These are a few great reasons to choose MyCompanyWorks.
Choose BizFilings if You Are:
Do you want to use a company with lots of experience? Are you interested in getting six months of registered agent service bundled with your formation? BizFilings should be a good option for you.