Top 3 MyCompanyWorks LLC Service Alternatives
Are you looking to form an LLC, but you’re not sure which of the many service providers can best assist you?
MyCompanyWorks is one of the top LLC services, but no one provider is going to be the best choice for every single LLC formation.
This MyCompanyWorks LLC service alternatives guide highlights some of their top rivals. Is one of them a better choice to help form your LLC? Let’s find out!
With 150,000+ businesses served since they opened in 2004, IncFile is one of the industry leaders. They’re a popular choice for a reason, as their feature-packed LLC services are available at appealing price points. But how do they stack up next to MyCompanyWorks?
- It’s nearly impossible to beat IncFile’s starting price point for LLC service. Their $49 package is one of the most affordable options available online, and it’s certainly cheaper than MyCompanyWorks’ $79 price tag.
- With IncFile, you’ll receive a full year of registered agent service when you purchase any of their LLC formation packages. As for MyCompanyWorks, they only include registered agent with their most expensive $279 Complete package.
- If you’re the type of discerning customer who needs to read reviews before making a purchase, IncFile has thousands of online customer reviews, and nearly all of them are positive in nature. They’re quite comparable to MyCompanyWorks in this regard.
Our only reservation with IncFile is the fact that they can sometimes take a long time to respond to your calls/messages, on occasion exceeding 24 hours. By contrast, MyCompanyWorks responds to the vast majority of customer support messages within 20 minutes.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
Northwest Registered Agent was founded in 1998, and in the two-plus decades since, they’ve served thousands of satisfied customers. What does this midsize LLC formation service provider have to offer, and do they compare favorably to MyCompanyWorks?
- With their base rate of $79, Northwest Registered Agent’s price point for LLC service is the same as MyCompanyWorks.
- Like IncFile ― and unlike MyCompanyWorks ― Northwest Registered Agent also includes a year of registered agent service with your LLC formation service. In addition, Northwest is the only major service provider that locally scans each and every document they receive as your registered agent. Most competitors will only scan official government documents.
- Does premium and highly personalized customer support appeal to you? If so, you should definitely give Northwest Registered Agent a look. They assign one of their highly trained Corporate Guides to each client account, and that person personally walks you through each step of the formation process. They also give you their direct phone number and email address, so you can talk to the same person every time you have a question.
Finally, Northwest receives strong customer feedback. While they only have a few dozen reviews, as opposed to the thousands of reviews available for IncFile and MyCompanyWorks, Northwest Registered Agent does share those companies’ high average rating scores.
Want to learn more about Northwest Registered Agent? Read our review.
LegalZoom is easily the most experienced of all these companies. They’ve served about 4 million customers, and formed over 1 million LLCs, since they opened back in 1999. They are one of the most popular LLC service providers, with unrivaled brand power.
- LegalZoom isn’t exactly a bargain, with LLC service starting at $149 plus state fee. This is the highest price point in this guide, and it’s nearly double what MyCompanyWorks charges ($79).
- In addition to having high prices, LegalZoom’s base formation package is short on features. They don’t include registered agent service with any of their LLC formation service packages, and even though they do provide a banking resolution to help you open business checking and savings accounts, it’s not a valuable enough feature to offset the lack of registered agent service.
- One big positive with LegalZoom is their extended customer support hours. They’re available from 8am to 10pm ET Monday through Friday, and they also have weekend service hours from 10am to 7pm ET. No competitor can match these hours of operation. By comparison, MyCompanyWorks is available from 11:30am to 7:30pm ET on weekdays.
Considering that their customer feedback is mixed fairly equally between positive and negative reviews, the main reason to purchase LLC service from LegalZoom is if you prefer using major companies that have wide corporate reach.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
These four companies are all capable of providing quality LLC formation service online. They each have their advantages over the others as well: IncFile has the best prices, LegalZoom is the “big name,” MyCompanyWorks has lightning-fast support, and Northwest Registered Agent has the personal touch.
One major common thread between these providers is that they can all save you a considerable sum over hiring an attorney. If you have a traditional law firm draft and file your formation documents, you’ll pay hundreds more than you would with any of these services.
If we had to choose one favorite alternative to MyCompanyWorks, it would be IncFile. With IncFile, you get some of the best prices available on LLC service, and they also have smartly bundled feature sets in their formation packages. Regardless of which provider you choose to help form your LLC, we wish you luck with all your future business endeavors.