Are you trying to form a new LLC, but you’re frustrated with the hassle of the DIY route?
There are plenty of service providers like Incorporate.com that can help you through the formation process, but it can be difficult to discern which one is the best value.
In this Incorporate.com LLC service alternatives guide, we’ll walk you through the main advantages and disadvantages of their top competitors. Let’s find out which one is the right fit for your new company!
ZenBusiness opened their doors in 2015, and they have a unique approach to business formation services thanks to their use of automation to speed up and simplify several parts of the process.
Let’s see how they stack up when compared to Incorporate.com:
- ZenBusiness is one of the most affordable LLC services online. For just $39 (plus state fee), they will form your business and provide a full year of registered agent service. That off the bat will save you $60 as opposed to Incorporate.com to set up an LLC.
- If you like seeing positive customer reviews, you’ll love ZenBusiness. They have well over 1,000 reviews available online, and it’s difficult to find more than just a small handful of negative reviews.
- We really appreciate ZenBusiness’ commitment to giving back. As a public benefit corporation, ZenBusiness partners with Kiva.org to provide financial lending services to poverty-stricken individuals, and they also loan money to women-owned and minority-owned businesses.
The only negative with ZenBusiness is that their turnaround times can be confusing. They list estimated processing speeds for each level of service on their website (1-2 weeks for the $39 Starter plan, 4-6 business days for the $149 Pro plan, 1-3 business days for the $249 Premium plan), but these estimates also vary from state to state.
IncFile doesn’t have the incredible longevity of Incorporate.com (which has been open since the 19th century), but they have served 250,000+ customers since they opened in 2004. With their attractive combination of pricing and features, IncFile is always worth consideration for LLC formations.
- With their starting price of $0 + state fee for LLC service, IncFile boasts one of the cheapest prices online. This is vastly more affordable than Incorporate.com’s $99 price.
- When it comes to features, IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service with any LLC formation package. With Incorporate.com, you’ll need to pay $235 to add a year of registered agent service to your formation.
- One major advantage IncFile has over Incorporate.com is customer feedback. Whereas Incorporate.com doesn’t have much feedback at all ― and most of the reviews they do have aren’t complimentary ― IncFile has thousands of reviews and they’re almost universally positive in nature.
In addition, if you want ongoing registered agent service, IncFile not only includes your first year at no extra charge, but their $119 annual fee is about half as expensive as Incorporate.com’s $235 price point. As you can see, IncFile is so popular for a reason!
Northwest Registered Agent was founded in 1998, and since then they’ve served thousands of customers across the country. They’re a solid midsize company in the business services industry, but are they a better option than Incorporate.com?
- Northwest Registered Agent offers LLC formation service starting at $225.
- With every LLC formation package, Northwest includes a full year of their namesake registered agent service. This is obviously a good deal to begin with, but it’s even better when you consider that they’re the only major service provider that locally scans every document they receive on your behalf. Most competitors only scan government documents.
- Do you want premium customer support? Who doesn’t! Northwest Registered Agent has next-level support.
Northwest Registered Agent has a personal touch that the larger “big business” companies can’t match. If that appeals to you, they’re well worth a look.
While they’ve been in business for 100 fewer years than Incorporate.com, LegalZoom is on an entirely different level when it comes to experience. They’ve handled an enormous customer volume since they formed in 1999, helping about 4 million total customers, and forming over 1 million LLCs. How do they compare to Incorporate.com in other ways?
- LegalZoom’s LLC formation package is more expensive than the other providers we’ve discussed in this guide. They charge $99 plus state fee, which is exactly the same as Incorporate.com’s price point.
- Both LegalZoom and Incorporate.com offer solid guarantees. Incorporate.com provides a $75,000 Corporate Compliance Guarantee which states that if they make a mistake in your filing and fail to correct it, they will pay you up to $75,000. For their part, LegalZoom has a 100% satisfaction guarantee ― if you decide you’re unhappy with their services, you have up to 60 days to request your refund.
- LegalZoom offers longer customer support hours than any competitor. With hours of availability that run from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays and 10am to 7pm ET on weekends, their customer service department is open well past business hours.
While LegalZoom’s services do cost more than some of their competitors, they have an experience edge that no one can match. Their customer volume is truly impressive, and they also have more brand power and name recognition than the other companies in this guide. Their unimpressive customer feedback is unlikely to win them many customers though.
That said, it’s worth noting that our LegalZoom LLC service alternatives article is one of the most researched reviews that we have.
One major common thread between these four service providers is their capability to effectively and efficiently form your new LLC.
Additionally, no matter which one you pick, you’ll save a significant sum over hiring a business lawyer to draft and file your formation papers.
Of course, all of these companies have their pros and cons relative to the others:
- Want the best overall value LLC service? Choose ZenBusiness.
- If you want a free LLC formation service, go with IncFile.
- Looking for a company with more than a century of experience? Incorporate.com is for you.
- If you want the most popular option, LegalZoom has you covered.
- Looking for amazing customer support? Northwest Registered Agent is a great pick.
All told, our favorite alternative to Incorporate.com is ZenBusiness. Their combination of excellent prices and fully featured service packages make them an appealing option to any entrepreneur looking for LLC formation service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Got Incorporate.com questions? We’ve got answers.
Which Service Has the Best Customer Support?
While none of these companies has bad customer support, some are better than others, and Northwest Registered Agent is definitely our favorite. With their Corporate Guides system, you’ll always speak with someone who knows what they’re talking about.
Do Any of These Services Handle Requirements Like Publication?
Unfortunately, no they do not. There are some services in this industry (like ZenBusiness) that do offer state-specific publication service, but none of the four options in this guide handle these requirements.
The closest you’ll get with these services is Northwest’s offer to provide you with detailed instructions for you to complete your own publication requirement.
Which Service Has the Fewest Upsells?
IncFile and Northwest both have very few upsell attempts, and they are two of the best companies in the industry in this regard.
On the other hand, LegalZoom attempts $1,080 worth of upsells as you work your way through their LLC formation service order form, while Incorporate.com piles on $847 in upsell attempts.
Incorporate.com also incorporates some misleading advertising into an upsell, as their LLC formation package selection screen displays some features that you cannot access if you don’t spend an extra $235 to add their registered agent service to your order.
Do These Services Share My Information With Third Parties?
Northwest, LegalZoom, and Incorporate.com do not have third-party partnership deals that require the sharing of your information, but unfortunately IncFile does.
As you fill out their order form, you’ll encounter “special offers” for a bank account through Bank of America, a tax consultation with an accounting service, and a website builder and domain name through SnapWeb.
Are Any of These Services Faster than the Others?
Incorporate.com, IncFile, and Northwest Registered Agent all have formation times that are quite comparable.
This is because they all base their processing estimates on the ability of each individual state to process LLC formation orders. One service or the other might have a slight advantage in certain states, but for the most part these differences are insignificant.
LegalZoom and ZenBusiness have a different method for turnaround times that is instead based on how much money you spend on their service.
Which Service Has the Best Refund Policy?
LegalZoom easily has the best refund policy in this guide, as their 60-day satisfaction guarantee ensures that anyone who requests a refund within 60 days of your original purchase will receive one with no convenience fees. Incorporate.com, IncFile, and Northwest all have much more restrictive refund policies.
Can I Just Form an LLC on My Own, Without a Service?
Absolutely! In fact, quite a few entrepreneurs do form their own LLCs every day in this country. Though it can be tricky and time-consuming to learn what exactly your formation state requires for a formation.
Furthermore, we always appreciate the peace of mind we receive from hiring an online LLC service because we trust their expertise to get the job done right.