Incorporate.com LLC Service Alternatives (Our Top 3)
Are you trying to form a new LLC, but you’re frustrated with the hassle of the DIY route?
There are plenty of service providers like Incorporate.com that can help you through the formation process, but it can be difficult to discern which one is the best value.
In this Incorporate.com LLC service alternatives guide, I’ll walk you through the main advantages and disadvantages of their top competitors. Let’s find out which one is the right fit for your new company!
IncFile doesn’t have the incredible longevity of Incorporate.com (which has been open since the 19th century), but they have served 150,000+ customers since they opened in 2004. With their attractive combination of pricing and features, IncFile is always worth consideration for LLC formations.
- With their starting price of $49 (before state fee) for LLC service, IncFile boasts one of the most affordable price points available. Their service costs less than half as much as Incorporate.com’s $99 price tag.
- When it comes to features, IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service, along with a 30-minute business tax consultation. With Incorporate.com, you’ll need to pay extra to order these features a la carte.
- One major advantage IncFile has over Incorporate.com is customer feedback. Whereas Incorporate.com doesn’t have much feedback at all ― and most of the reviews they do have aren’t complimentary ― IncFile has thousands of reviews and they’re almost universally positive in nature.
In addition, if you want ongoing registered agent service, IncFile not only includes your first year at no extra charge, but their $119 annual fee is about half as expensive as Incorporate.com’s $235 price point. As you can see, IncFile is so popular for a reason!
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
Northwest Registered Agent was founded in 1998, and since then they’ve served thousands of customers across the country. They’re a solid midsize company in the business services industry, but are they a better option than Incorporate.com?
- Northwest Registered Agent offers LLC formation service packages starting at $79, which is clearly a better price point than the $99 charged by Incorporate.com.
- With every LLC formation package, Northwest includes a full year of their namesake registered agent service. This is obviously a good deal to begin with, but it’s even better when you consider that they’re the only major service provider that locally scans every document they receive on your behalf. Most competitors only scan government documents.
- Do you want premium customer support? Who doesn’t! Northwest Registered Agent has next-level support, as every client is assigned a Corporate Guide ― a highly trained employee who walks you through each step of the LLC formation process. You’ll never have to wait on hold to speak to someone at an outsourced call center like with many of their competitors.
Northwest Registered Agent has a personal touch that the larger “big business” companies can’t match. If that appeals to you, they’re well worth a look.
Want to learn more about Northwest Registered Agent? Read our review.
While they’ve been in business for 100 fewer years than Incorporate.com, LegalZoom is on an entirely different level when it comes to experience. They’ve handled an enormous customer volume since they formed in 1999, helping about 4 million total customers, and forming over 1 million LLCs. How do they compare to Incorporate.com in other ways?
- LegalZoom’s LLC formation package is more expensive than any of the providers we’ve discussed in this guide. They charge $149 plus state fee, which is not competitive with Incorporate.com’s $99 price point, or with IncFile or Northwest Registered Agent, for that matter.
- Both LegalZoom and Incorporate.com offer solid guarantees. Incorporate.com provides a $75,000 Corporate Compliance Guarantee which states that if they make a mistake in your filing and fail to correct it, they will pay you up to $75,000. For their part, LegalZoom has a 100% satisfaction guarantee ― if you decide you’re unhappy with their services, you have up to 60 days to request your refund.
- LegalZoom offers longer customer support hours than any competitor. With hours of availability that run from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays and 10am to 7pm ET on weekends, their customer service department is open well past business hours.
While LegalZoom’s services do cost more than most competitors, they have an experience edge that no one can match. Their customer volume is truly impressive, and they also have more brand power and name recognition than the other companies in this guide.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
One major common thread between these four service providers is their capability to effectively and efficiently form your new LLC. Additionally, no matter which one you pick, you’ll save a significant sum over hiring a business lawyer to draft and file your formation papers.
Of course, all of these companies have their pros and cons relative to the others. If you want the best prices, go with IncFile. Looking for a company with more than a century of experience? Incorporate.com is for you. If you want the most popular option, LegalZoom has you covered. Looking for amazing customer support? Northwest Registered Agent is a great pick.
All told, our favorite alternative to Incorporate.com is IncFile. Their combination of excellent prices and fully featured service packages make them an appealing option to any entrepreneur looking for LLC formation service. No matter which provider you end up choosing, we wish you luck with your new LLC!