IncNow vs IncFile (Who is Better to Form an LLC?)
Do you need to form a new LLC, but you’re uncomfortable going it alone with the DIY route?
Are you also unwilling to spend the hundreds or even thousands of dollars that it takes to hire a lawyer to draft and file your formation documents? Companies like IncNow and IncFile exist for just that reason ― to bridge the gap between DIY and hiring an attorney. But which one should you use?
This IncNow vs IncFile comparison guide breaks down everything you need to know about these two respected business services providers. When you’re finished reading, you’ll know which one is the better fit for your business.
With IncNow and IncFile, we have two of the most popular LLC formation service providers available online. They’re both reputable companies with plenty of experience, so they’re both pretty easy to recommend to our readers. However, IncFile does have some distinct advantages that make them our preferred pick for most of our readers.
To begin with, IncFile’s $49 starting price point for LLC service is less than half of IncNow’s $99 rate. Furthermore, IncFile forms LLCs in all 50 states, whereas IncNow only forms companies in the state of Delaware.
If you would like to learn more about the important details of these two LLC services, read on to get the necessary info about their main commonalities and differences.
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: Both IncNow and IncFile can save you a significant amount of money compared to hiring a lawyer to draft and file your articles of organization. The LLC isn’t all that complex of a business type to begin with, so you may not need an attorney’s expertise anyway.
2) Customer Support: While you’re saving money compared to hiring a lawyer, these services don’t leave you alone to tackle the DIY route either. Thanks to their customer service departments, help is only a phone call or email away if you have any questions or run into any trouble.
3) Experience: Both of these service providers have been around for quite a while, and they’ve also each served thousands of customers. They have the expertise to get the job done right.
4) Efficiency: Need your LLC formed in a hurry? No worries! Both IncNow and IncFile have expediting options available (for an extra charge, of course) that can cut your turnaround times down from several weeks to a matter of just a few days.
5) Registered Agent Service: Every LLC needs to designate a registered agent to receive and forward your official government documents. Both IncNow and IncFile include 12 months of registered agent with any LLC formation service package, which means there’s one less item on your to-do list following formation.
6) Great Customer Reviews: It’s always nice to be able to read positive customer feedback before making any purchase, and LLC formation service is no exception. Thankfully, both IncNow and IncFile receive nearly universal praise from their customers.
7) Security: Making safe, secure purchases online is a major priority for anyone, and both of these companies understand that. IncNow uses Norton Web Security to ensure that their website is safe to browse, and IncFile uses Authorize.Net to verify their merchant identity.
Side by Side Comparisons
With IncNow, you’ll pay $99 plus state fee for their most affordable Basic package. IncFile beats that price point soundly, offering their Silver LLC formation package for just $49.
However, if you are a resident of the state of Delaware and able to serve as your own registered agent, IncNow will form your LLC for as little as $9, which is the lowest price point we’ve ever seen for LLC formation service. (See Details)
As we mentioned earlier, both of these companies provide a full year of registered agent service with any LLC formation package purchase. Other than that, these offerings are fairly similar, with the main difference being IncFile’s inclusion of a 30-minute business tax consultation, which IncNow does not offer. However, it is important to remind you that IncNow only forms LLCs in Delaware, whereas IncFile forms businesses in all 50 states.
IncFile is a highly experienced LLC service, with over 150,000 businesses formed since they opened back in 2004. IncNow is a smaller company, but they’ve formed 11,000+ businesses since 1974, so their longevity is still quite impressive.
IncNow has a reputation for top-notch customer service, with helpful and professional support reps that are available from 9am to 5pm ET on weekdays. IncFile has a bit more availability, from 10am to 7pm ET weekdays, but it can take a while to get ahold of them sometimes. We have experienced wait times exceeding 24 hours at times with IncFile.
IncNow’s turnaround times range from 4-6 days with standard processing, or you can choose to expedite your LLC formation which will take just 24 hours. IncFile takes much longer to form LLCs in Delaware, as they have a standard filing time of 15 business days, and an expedited time of five days. As for the other 49 states, IncFile’s filing times vary from several weeks to just a few days, depending on your state’s guidelines.
IncNow sends you an order confirmation email when you place your order, but if you want further updates, you’ll need to contact them. On the other hand, IncFile has a slick real-time order status tracking tool available on their website that informs you exactly which step your formation is in.
Registered Agent Service
Both of these companies include 12 months of registered agent service with any LLC formation package purchase. After that free first year, IncNow charges $90 per year, compared to the $119 annual fee charged by IncFile. (What is a registered agent?)
If you like to read positive customer feedback before making a purchase, these two companies have plenty of it. Both IncNow and IncFile receive nearly universal praise from their clients, and the only noteworthy difference is the fact that IncNow has about 400 reviews available online, whereas IncFile has over 7,000.
Ease of Use
IncFile’s website is a bit more streamlined and easy to navigate than IncNow’s, but it doesn’t affect functionality. This category gets a slight preference to IncFile, but it’s not a big deal.
Which LLC Provider Wins?
IncNow and IncFile are two of the top LLC formation services available online. They both have the experience and expertise to properly form your new LLC in effective and efficient fashion. No matter which one you choose, we’re confident that you’ll be pleased with the service you receive.
Since some of you may remain undecided, we’ll close this comparison by briefly outlining some of the main reasons people choose IncNow and IncFile. We wish you the best of luck with your new business!
Choose IncNow if You Are:
Are you forming a new company in Delaware? IncNow has some advantages or Delaware LLCs ― like super-fast turnarounds and incredibly cheap formations for Delaware residents ― that make them the obvious choice in this state.
Choose IncFile if You Are:
Do you want to form an LLC in any state other than Delaware? Perhaps you’re more comfortable using a company with a high volume of customers? IncFile is a good option for you.