EZ Incorporate vs LegalZoom LLC Service Comparison (Who’s Your Bet?)
Do you need to form an LLC, but you’re unsure where to look for help? There are plenty of LLC services available online like EZ Incorporate and LegalZoom, but how do you figure out which one is the best choice?
This EZ Incorporate vs LegalZoom comparison is structured in a way that highlights their common points and major differences. I hope you find this comparison useful in making your decision!
* Quick Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
7 Things They Have In Common
- LegalZoom and EZ Incorporate are both capable of saving you hundreds of dollars over hiring a business lawyer. Furthermore, LLCs are often not terribly complex business structures, so you may not need an attorney to form your LLC.
- Just because you’re saving money doesn’t mean you have to go it alone. EZ Incorporate and LegalZoom both have customer support systems that ensure that you can get help when you need it. Instead of searching for answers on your own, simply direct your questions their way.
- EZ Incorporate and LegalZoom each have 100% satisfaction guarantees. If you’re less than happy for any reason, simply ask for your money back and they’ll refund all service fees you paid to them. It’s a nice safety net that not all of their competitors provide.
- Both of these companies are highly experienced. LegalZoom and EZ Incorporate have each handled thousands of LLC formations, so you know they have the expertise to get the job done right.
- Do you require other business services, like registered agent or federal tax ID (EIN) obtainment? Look no further! Both of these companies offer many other services which can be highly advantageous to your new LLC.
- If online security is important to you, you can rest easy with these providers. EZ Incorporate uses GoDaddy Verify Security and LegalZoom uses Norton Web Security, meaning you’ll be protected from malware and your private data will remain private.
- These companies both have thorough online learning centers. If you would like to learn more about business types, taxation concerns, ongoing compliance issues and more, that information is at your fingertips and doesn’t cost you a thing.
Side by Side Comparisons
With a base rate of just $45 plus state fee, EZ Incorporate represents a significant savings compared to LegalZoom’s starting price of $79 for LLC service.
EZ Incorporate is a young company, having formed in 2012, but they’ve already served thousands of customers in that time. On the other hand, LegalZoom is one of the industry leaders with nearly 4 million total customers and 2 million business clients since they opened in 1999.
EZ Incorporate guarantees a response to your messages within 24 hours, or “usually much faster” in their own words. In general, I’ve found their representatives to be professional and helpful, and they’re one of only a few companies that can compete with LegalZoom’s extended support hours. EZ Incorporate is open from 9am to 9pm ET on weekdays, and they’re also available from 2pm to 7pm ET Saturdays.
Many of LegalZoom’s support agents are quite good as well, but they’re such a huge company that their customer service is a touch inconsistent. It’s understandable for such a large company, and possibly unavoidable. Still, I previously mentioned how their hours of operation are unbeatable, which they probably are. Their agents answer the phone from 8am to 10pm ET weekdays, and 10am to 7pm ET weekends.
EZ Incorporate says your turnarounds will vary depending on your state of formation, and those range anywhere from just 1-2 business days up to about 7 weeks. LegalZoom bases estimates on which level of service you order: Their cheapest Economy package takes about 30 business days, as compared to 15 days for Standard or just 7-10 for their top-tier Express Gold package.
LegalZoom has an order status checking tool on their website which is simple yet effective. EZ Incorporate sends order confirmation emails but they don’t have any sort of real-time order status tracker.
Registered Agent Service
EZ Incorporate offers registered agent service for the low flat rate of $99 per year. LegalZoom also offers registered agent, but they charge an annual fee of $159 for this service. Neither company includes registered agent in any of their LLC formation packages. (What is a Registered Agent?)
There are very few online reviews for EZ Incorporate. In fact, I was able to find just 16 total pieces of customer feedback. It’s certainly worth noting that the vast majority of these reviews are positive — all of them except one, in fact. Still, it’s difficult to do much analysis on such a small pool of reviews. LegalZoom has hundreds of online customer reviews, but they’re mixed pretty evenly between positive and critical.
As you can see, customer feedback for these companies is quite different in nature. In short though, it isn’t a major strength or weakness for either of them.
Ease of Use
EZ Incorporate’s website is a bit clunky, as their add-on LLC formation options are not conveniently listed. Instead, you’ll need to navigate their 8-page LLC formation application to get an idea of which additional features you can order. LegalZoom’s services are pretty much seamless and definitely a bit easier to use.
EZ Incorporate and LegalZoom are two good online LLC services. They both have plenty of experience, and they also have the knowhow necessary to efficiently and effectively form your new LLC. Of course, some of you may still be undecided, so let’s take a look at a couple scenarios that may sway you one way or the other.
Choose EZ Incorporate if You Are:
Clearly, if you’re concerned with saving money, they can form your LLC for less than LegalZoom can, and they also offer registered agent for much cheaper. They’re also worth a look if you’re in one of the states where they process orders faster than LegalZoom does.
Choose LegalZoom if You Are:
LegalZoom has the superior brand power, and they obviously have an experience edge too. If these are priorities for you, check out what they have to offer.