Do you need to form an LLC, but you don’t know where to turn for assistance? Northwest Registered Agent is a very popular LLC service, but does that mean they’re the best fit to help form your new LLC?
This Northwest Registered Agent LLC service alternatives guide walks you through the important details of some of their top competitors, in order to see which one might be the best choice for you.
ZenBusiness opened their doors in 2015, and they have a unique approach to business formation services thanks to their use of automation to speed up and simplify several parts of the process.
Let’s see how they stack up when compared to Northwest Registered Agent.
- ZenBusiness is one of the most affordable LLC services online. For just $39 (plus state fee), they will form your business and provide a full year of registered agent service. That off the bat will save you $180+ as opposed to forming an LLC with Northwest Registered Agent.
- If you like seeing positive customer reviews, you’ll love ZenBusiness. They have well over 3,700 reviews available online, and it’s difficult to find more than just a small handful of negative reviews.
- We really appreciate ZenBusiness’ commitment to giving back. As a public benefit corporation, ZenBusiness partners with Kiva.org to provide financial lending services to poverty-stricken individuals, and they also loan money to women-owned and minority-owned businesses.
The only negative with ZenBusiness is that if you’re on a VERY tight budget, they might not be the best option for you. If that is the case, IncFile has a free LLC service.
Want to learn more? Read our ZenBusiness review.
IncFile has served over 250,000 businesses since they formed back in 2004, which is a similar experience level to Northwest Registered Agent. IncFile is one of the top providers in the industry due to their appealing combination of low prices and complete feature sets.
How do they compare to Northwest Registered Agent?
- Their base rate of $0 (plus state fee) is the lowest prices in the entire industry for LLC formation service, and compares favorably to Northwest’s $225 price point. Their feature sets are pretty similar, with the only major difference being IncFile’s inclusion of a 30-minute business tax consultation.
- While IncFile does have solid customer support, they can’t match Northwest Registered Agent’s next-level service department.
- Both Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile receive mostly positive customer reviews, but the difference is the volume of feedback. Northwest has about 115 reviews available online, but IncFile has over 10,000 of them. It’s nearly impossible to top IncFile’s excellent customer feedback.
Overall, whether you choose IncFile or Northwest Registered Agent comes down to whether you prefer IncFile’s lower prices and high volume of great customer reviews, or Northwest’s outstanding customer support system.
Want to learn more? Read our IncFile review.
Another one of the top LLC services online is LegalZoom, a true industry giant. They’ve served over 4 million total customers since 1999, and they’ve formed over 1 million LLCs in those years.
What are the main advantages and disadvantages of this “big business” company when compared to Northwest Registered Agent?
- Their starting price of $99 (before state fee) is lower than the $225 price point offered by Northwest Registered Agent.
- Northwest includes a full year of registered agent service with any LLC formation package, which is a feature LegalZoom does not include with any of their LLC packages.
- LegalZoom’s customer support doesn’t match the quality of Northwest Registered Agent’s Corporate Guide system, but they have some advantages of their own in this area. LegalZoom has extended customer service availability hours that run from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays and 10am to 7pm ET on weekends.
LegalZoom relies more on brand power and maintaining a high volume of customers than on having the best prices or the most features. If these are your priorities, they’re certainly worth a look. However, it’s worth noting that our LegalZoom LLC alternatives article is one of the most researched reviews that we have.
Want to learn more? Read our LegalZoom review.
CorpNet’s ownership group started providing LLC services in 1997, and they’ve formed over 100,000 businesses since then.
They’re a well-rounded company with some appealing offerings, so let’s see how they stack up next to Northwest Registered Agent.
- At $108, CorpNet’s starting price point for LLC formation service is considerably lower than the $225 charged by Northwest Registered Agent.
- While CorpNet does provide a 60-day trial of their registered agent service with their base LLC formation package, Northwest includes a full year. However, CorpNet’s $228 Deluxe package includes a year of registered agent, as well as a federal tax ID number (EIN).
- Customer reviews are a big pro for CorpNet. They have hundreds of reviews available online, and nearly all of them are positive. While Northwest has similarly high-quality feedback, they can’t match the volume of reviews CorpNet has.
Last but not least, CorpNet offers all of their customers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you decide you’re less than satisfied with your LLC service, you have 60 days to request a no-questions-asked refund.
Want to learn more? Read our CorpNet review.
Which Northwest LLC Alternative is Best for You?
These four LLC service providers all have their pros and cons. One major common feature is that they can all save you a ton of money over hiring a business lawyer to form your LLC.
At the end of the day, ZenBusiness is our favorite out of these top Northwest LLC alternatives. Their low prices and great features are a winning combination that not many competitors can match. Plus, they’re a socially conscious organization that gives back through small-business lending platforms to support women and minority owned businesses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q&A for these alternatives to Northwest Registered Agent
Which Service Has the Best Customer Support?
All of these companies have strong customer support reputations, but Northwest Registered Agent is our unquestioned favorite in this regard. Their support network is highly personalized.
Do Any of These Services Handle Requirements Like Publication?
CorpNet is the only one of these four services that offers state-specific publication service, which is a nice advantage for them if you’re forming a business in a state that requires it.
Northwest provides detailed instructions to help you complete your own publication requirement, but does not offer to take care of it on your behalf, while IncFile and LegalZoom do not provide any form of assistance with publication.
Which Service Has the Fewest Upsells?
The only one of these four services that attempts lots of upsells is LegalZoom. As you work your way through their order form, they present you with over $1,000 of upsells before you even get to select your LLC formation package.
They pile on the upsells to such a degree that they’re actually the reason we ended up adding this question to our FAQ sections. By contrast, Northwest, IncFile, and CorpNet barely have any upsells at all.
Are Any of These Services Faster Than the Others?
Northwest, IncFile, and CorpNet generally have nearly identical turnaround times for LLC formations, because they all base their estimates on the actual processing speeds of each state.
One of them might be a day or two quicker in some select states, but for the most part they’re comparable. The exception is ZenBusiness/LegalZoom, as their formation times depend on the level of LLC service you purchase, not the guidelines of your state.
Which Service Has the Best Refund Policy?
CorpNet and LegalZoom have arguably the best refund policies in this industry, so they’re easy choices as our winners in this category.
With their satisfaction guarantees, you have 60 days to request a refund for any reason, and they will grant it. No questions asked, no processing fees charged!
Can I Just Form an LLC on My Own, Without a Service?
You sure can, and plenty of entrepreneurs do form their own LLCs without any professional assistance.
However, it can be more of a hassle than you might expect to create your own LLC. Also, we always appreciate the peace of mind we receive from hiring a professional service, because we trust their expertise to get the job done right.