Do you need to form an LLC, but you don’t know where to turn for assistance? Northwest Registered Agent is a very popular LLC service, but does that mean they’re the best fit to help form your new LLC?
This Northwest Registered Agent LLC service alternatives guide walks you through the important details of some of their top competitors, in order to see which one might be the best choice for you.
What This Service Is Best Known For: Great low rates, feature-packed formation packages, and a dedication to giving back.
ZenBusiness opened our doors in 2015, and we have a unique approach to business formation services thanks to our use of automation to speed up and simplify several parts of the process.
Let’s see how we stack up when compared to Northwest Registered Agent.
- ZenBusiness is one of the most affordable LLC services online. For just $49 (plus state fee), we will form your business and provide a full year of annual report service. This is $10 more than you’d pay with our Northwest Registered Agent discount, which includes registered agent service.
- If you like seeing positive customer reviews, you’ll love ZenBusiness. We have more than 10,000 reviews available online, and it’s difficult to find more than just a small handful of negative reviews.
- We have a serious commitment to giving back. As a public benefit corporation, ZenBusiness partners with Kiva.org to provide financial lending services to poverty-stricken individuals, and we also loan money to women-owned and minority-owned businesses.
The only negative with ZenBusiness is that if you’re on a VERY tight budget, we might not be the best option for you. If that is the case, IncFile has a free LLC service.
What This Service Is Best Known For: Extensive marketing campaigns and a massive volume of customers served.
Another one of the top LLC services online is LegalZoom, a true industry giant. They’ve served more than 4 million total customers since 1999, and they’ve formed 2+ million LLCs in those years.
What are the main advantages and disadvantages of this “big business” company when compared to Northwest Registered Agent?
- Their starting price of $79 (before state fee) is higher than the $39 price point offered by Northwest Registered Agent with our discount.
- Northwest includes a full year of registered agent service with any LLC formation package, which is a feature LegalZoom does not include with any of their LLC packages.
- LegalZoom’s customer support doesn’t match the quality of Northwest Registered Agent’s Corporate Guide system, but they have some advantages of their own in this area. LegalZoom has extended customer service availability hours that run from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays and 10am to 7pm ET on weekends.
LegalZoom also receives mostly positive feedback among thousands of customer reviews. However, it’s worth noting that our LegalZoom LLC alternatives article is one of the most researched reviews that we have.
Want to learn more? Read our LegalZoom review.
What This Service Is Best Known For: Free LLC formations that still come with plenty of valuable features.
IncFile has served more than 500,000 businesses since they formed back in 2004, which is a similar experience level to Northwest Registered Agent. IncFile is one of the top providers in the industry due to its appealing combination of low prices and complete feature sets.
How do they compare to Northwest Registered Agent?
- IncFile actually offers a free LLC package (plus state fee), which is obviously the lowest price in the entire industry for LLC formation service, and compares favorably to Northwest’s $39 price point. Their feature sets are pretty similar as well.
- While IncFile does have solid customer support, they can’t match Northwest Registered Agent’s next-level service department. Northwest truly does go the extra mile to provide top-notch customer support. While some competitors outsource customer support to anonymous call centers in foreign countries, Northwest keeps everything in-house with their knowledgeable and helpful support reps.
- Both Northwest Registered Agent and IncFile receive mostly positive customer reviews, but the difference is the volume of feedback. Northwest has about 400 reviews available online, but IncFile has more than 32,500 of them. It’s nearly impossible to top IncFile’s excellent customer feedback.
Overall, whether you choose IncFile or Northwest Registered Agent comes down to whether you prefer IncFile’s free pricing model and high volume of great customer reviews, or Northwest’s outstanding customer support system.
Want to learn more? Read our IncFile review.
Which Northwest LLC Alternative Is Best for You?
These four LLC service providers all have their pros and cons. One major common feature is that they can all save you a ton of money over hiring a business lawyer to form your LLC.
At the end of the day, ZenBusiness combines low prices and great features, a winning combination that not many competitors can match. Plus, we’re a socially conscious organization that gives back through small-business lending platforms to support women- and minority-owned businesses.
3 Fast Facts About Northwest Registered Agent
Before we move on, here’s a reminder of what Northwest Registered Agent has to offer. This should help you solidify your preference between Northwest and your other options:
- Industry-Best Customer Support – No other company in this industry can match what Northwest Registered Agent provides for customer service. Their highly personalized support system and knowledgeable representatives are always just a phone call away.
- Registered Agent Service – Northwest really lives up to its name with its top-notch registered agent service. They were actually the first major national registered agent service provider that scans every document they receive on your behalf. Most competitors only scan the official government documents they’re legally required to.
- Strong Pricing Model (With Our Discount!) – If you pay full price, Northwest charges $225 for LLC formations. However, with our discount, they charge just $39 for a package that includes a year of their namesake registered agent service.
Customer Feedback Comparison
One of the most important aspects of any LLC formation service is the customer feedback the company receives. To help you analyze each company’s customer reviews, we decided to create this customer feedback comparison section that breaks down how these companies stack up next to each other in this crucial area.
LLC formation services can have customer feedback collections that vary considerably in both quality and quantity. With this in mind, we created the following comparison in an attempt to make it as easy as possible for you to compare these companies in an apples-to-apples manner.
- ZenBusiness: 10,540 reviews / 4.7-star average score
- Northwest Registered Agent: 386 reviews / 4.5-star average score
- IncFile: 33,672 reviews / 4.8-star average score
- LegalZoom: 6,128 reviews / 4.3-star average score
Frequently Asked Questions
Q&A for these alternatives to Northwest Registered Agent
Which Service Has the Best Customer Support?
All of these companies have strong customer support reputations, but Northwest Registered Agent is our unquestioned favorite in this regard. Their support network is highly personalized. Every Northwest client receives in-house support from employees who are highly trained and knowledgeable.
That said, here at ZenBusiness, we have invested a considerable amount of time and energy into consistently improving our own customer service offering, and we feel we’ve become quite competitive with Northwest in this area.
Do Any of These Services Handle Requirements Like Publication?
ZenBusiness is the only one of these four services that offer state-specific publication service, which is a nice advantage for us if you’re forming a business in a state that requires it.
Northwest provides detailed instructions to help you complete your own publication requirement, but does not offer to take care of it on your behalf, while IncFile and LegalZoom do not provide any form of assistance with publication.
For more information on the best New York LLC publication services, check out our full guide on this topic.
Which Service Has the Fewest Upsells?
The only one of these four services that attempts lots of upsells is LegalZoom. As you work your way through their order form, they present you with over $1,000 of upsells before you even get to select your LLC formation package.
Do These Services Share My Information With Third Parties?
ZenBusiness and IncFile are the only two of these four companies that share customer information with third-party partners.
To get an idea of what we’re talking about, take a look at IncFile’s LLC formation service order form, where you’ll see features like a business bank account with Bank of America, a website builder and domain name offer from SnapWeb, and a tax consult session with an accountant.
As for ZenBusiness, our upper-tier packages have features like domain name registration and a corporate website that are provided by third parties.
Are Any of These Services Faster Than the Others?
Northwest and IncFile generally have nearly identical turnaround times for LLC formations, because they both base their estimates on the actual processing speeds of each state.
One of them might be a day or two quicker in some select states, but for the most part, they’re comparable. The exception is ZenBusiness/LegalZoom, as these companies’ formation times depend largely on the level of LLC service you purchase, not the guidelines of your state. As you might expect, the higher-priced formation packages include faster turnaround times.
Which Service Has the Best Refund Policy?
LegalZoom and ZenBusiness have nearly identical refund policies that are the best refund policy in this industry. With their satisfaction guarantees, you have 60 days to request a refund for any reason, and they will grant it. No questions asked, no processing fees charged!
Can I Just Form an LLC on My Own, Without a Service?
You sure can, and plenty of entrepreneurs do form their own LLCs without any professional assistance.
However, it can be more of a hassle than you might expect to create your own LLC. Also, we always appreciate the peace of mind we receive from hiring a professional service, because we trust their expertise to get the job done right.