3 Northwest Registered Agent LLC Service Alternatives
Do you need to form an LLC, but you don’t know where to turn for assistance? Northwest Registered Agent is a popular choice, but does that mean they’re the best fit to help form your new LLC?
Northwest Registered Agent has plenty of experience providing quality LLC formation service, as they’ve served thousands of companies since they opened for business in 1998. With prices starting at $225 before state fee, and all formation packages including a full year of registered agent service, they’re a top option for a reason. They also offer premium customer service with a personal touch.
This Northwest Registered Agent LLC service alternatives guide walks you through the important details of some of their top competitors, in order to see which one might be the best choice for you.
IncFile has served over 150,000 businesses since they formed back in 2004. They are one of the top providers in the industry due to their appealing combination of low prices and complete feature sets. Do they compare favorably to Northwest Registered Agent?
- Their base rate of $49 (plus state fee) is among the lowest prices in the entire industry for LLC formation service. Additionally, every IncFile formation package comes with a year of registered agent. If you’re looking for the best collection of features at a fair price, you might want to try their Gold package for $149 which includes a federal tax ID number (EIN) and an operating agreement.
- Customer reviews are a major pro for IncFile. They don’t just have hundreds of positive reviews, they have thousands all across the net, with very few critical reviews. In short, their clients tend to have great things to say about the services they provide.
- Some states have further requirements for your LLC’s compliance that go beyond the standard needs. For example, several states require you to publish notice of your formation in a newspaper. IncFile keeps you informed of any extra steps like this, and they also provide turnaround time estimates for every state.
If that isn’t enough for you to go with IncFile, keep in mind that they also have excellent customer service. Their reps are well-trained in the details of LLC formation, and they’re available to help you out whenever you might need questions answered.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
MyCompanyWorks is a mid-sized LLC service, with 50,000+ businesses formed since 2001. While they certainly have enough experience to get the job done right, they’re a small enough company that they’re able to provide a personal touch that most of their competitors are too big to supply.
- Their starting price of $79 (plus state fee) isn’t as cheap as IncFile, but it’s still much lower than Northwest Registered Agent’s $225 base rate. If you want to add registered agent and an EIN to your formation, MyCompanyWorks can do all of that for a total of $279.
- If you need help from their customer service department, they respond to most phone calls and emails within just 20 minutes. Northwest Registered Agent is also easy to get ahold of, but IncFile and many other providers can take up to 24 hours to reply to your questions.
- With a 100% satisfaction guarantee backing all of their services, MyCompanyWorks’ LLC service is basically without risk. If you aren’t happy with the job they do, simply ask for a refund of any fees that you paid to them.
Finally, MyCompanyWorks provides customers with an LLC formation checklist. This step-by-step guide helps you stay organized and on task as you embark on your LLC formation journey. Overall, it’s hard to go wrong with MyCompanyWorks.
Want to learn more about MyCompanyWorks? Read our review.
Whereas MyCompanyWorks is a mid-sized company offering LLC formations, LegalZoom is an industry giant. They’ve served nearly 4 million total customers since 1999, and about half of those are business clients. What are the main advantages and disadvantages of this “big business” company?
- Their starting price of $149 (before state fee) is a bit lower than Northwest Registered Agent, but still considerably more expensive than both MyCompanyWorks and IncFile. LegalZoom also does not include an EIN or registered agent service in any package, meaning you’ll have to add them a la carte, which pushes your total price to $387.
- While you will likely need to add some features to their LLC service, it’s not like their packages are totally barebones either. Any formation package from LegalZoom includes a customized operating agreement and a banking resolution.
- Their customer support can be a bit inconsistent, but their availability is unrivaled. You can access their service reps from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays and 10am to 7pm ET on weekends.
LegalZoom relies more on brand power and maintaining a high volume of customers than on having the best prices or the most features. If these are your priorities, they’re worth a look.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
These 4 LLC service providers all have their pros and cons. One major common feature is that they can all save you a ton of money over hiring a business lawyer to form your LLC.
Depending on your priorities, your preference from this group might vary. In general, IncFile has the best prices, while LegalZoom is the most popular choice. Northwest Registered Agent has premium customer service, an area where MyCompanyWorks shines as well. Which one is the best?
For most entrepreneurs, IncFile is the best alternative to Northwest Registered Agent. In my opinion, it would be quite difficult to top IncFile’s combo pack of valuable features and low prices.