MyCorporation vs IncFile (Who’s Your Best Bet?)
Are you entering the LLC formation process, but you’re not sure which of the many LLC service providers is the right choice to assist you? There are plenty of companies like MyCorporation and IncFile that can help form your company, but how are you supposed to discern which one is the best fit for your unique LLC?
This MyCorporation vs IncFile LLC service comparison is structured in a way that highlights the common characteristics and major differences between these two popular providers.
6 Things They Have In Common
- Affordable: MyCorporation and IncFile can both save you a significant sum of money over hiring a law firm to draft and file your articles of organization. If you get a lawyer to do this for you, you’ll pay hundreds more than with one of these service providers.
- Customer Service: Just because you’re saving money doesn’t mean you have to go it alone. IncFile and MyCorporation have customer service reps that can answer your tough questions. Don’t waste time trying to figure out the answers on your own, when you can invest that time into developing your business instead.
- Experience: Both of these companies have formed thousands of businesses, meaning they have the experience and expertise necessary to handle your formation effectively and efficiently. You can trust MyCorporation and IncFile.
- Great Customer Reviews: While they have both served high volumes of customers, both IncFile and MyCorporation maintain excellent average ratings when it comes to online customer feedback. These companies have hundreds or even thousands of reviews, and they’re almost all positive.
- Faster Formation: If you need to form your LLC in a hurry, that’s no problem for IncFile and MyCorporation. Both providers have expedited processing options that can speed up your formation considerably, sometimes from several weeks down to just a few days. (Of course, rush filing does cost extra.)
- Additional Services: Many businesses have additional compliance requirements, like registered agent service or a federal tax ID number (EIN). MyCorporation and IncFile can assist you with these and many other business solutions in addition to your formation. It’s convenient to get everything you need in one place.
Side by Side Comparisons
These companies both have reasonable price points for LLC service, but IncFile’s $49 base rate is cheaper than MyCorporation’s $89 baseline formation package. (See Details)
MyCorporation only offers the absolute essentials of formation at that $89 price point, but their $99 package adds annual report service and some customizable sample documents. IncFile’s $49 package includes a full year of registered agent service and a business tax consultation.
IncFile has helped form over 150,000 businesses since 2004. While they have quite a bit of experience, MyCorporation is on another level. They’ve served over a million businesses since 1995.
The customer service supplied by MyCorporation gets excellent marks from their clients, as they frequently compliment MyCorporation’s representatives by name when they write reviews. They’re available from 10am to 8pm ET on weekdays.
IncFile also has generally solid support, with friendly and helpful representatives. The only issue is that sometimes it can take a little while to hear back from them. It’s not the norm for them, but I have personally waited over 24 hours to get a response from IncFile. Their hours of operation run from 10am-7pm ET Monday through Friday.
Both MyCorporation and IncFile have processing times that vary by state, and also depending on whether you choose to expedite your order or not. One difference is that MyCorporation doesn’t list their turnaround times conveniently on their website, and you’ll have to contact them to get estimates. IncFile has state-by-state estimates online.
MyCorporation’s website has status pages where you can see what step your formation is in. IncFile has a real-time order status tracking tool on their website that’s quite convenient as well.
Registered Agent Service
IncFile offers a free year of registered agent service with any LLC formation package, and they charge $99 per year after that. MyCorporation does not bundle registered agent into LLC service, and they have a standard annual rate of $120. (What is a registered agent?)
Both MyIncorporation and IncFile are highly popular with their clients. Customer feedback is a major strong suit for these providers, as it’s hard to find many negative comments amidst the seas of positive reviews. Both companies have hundreds of reviews that are overwhelmingly positive.
Ease of Use
There wouldn’t be any reason to use these services if they weren’t going to make your formation considerably easier. Thankfully, both MyCorporation and IncFile offer quick, convenient LLC service, and their websites are both user-friendly as well. They’re even in this regard.
Which Should You Choose?
With either MyCorporation or IncFile, you’ll receive a compliant LLC formation at a fair price. They’re both worthy of your hard-earned money, and they each have their own set of advantages as well.
Some of you may remain undecided, so to close I’ll walk you through some scenarios that may swing your opinion one way or the other. Whichever service you choose to handle your formation, we wish you the best of luck in all your future business ventures!
Choose MyCorporation If: You prefer the safety net of a 100% satisfaction guarantee, or you place a high value on customer volume, give MyCorporation a long look.
Choose IncFile If: Saving money while still receiving fully featured formation service is a priority for you, IncFile is a great choice for LLC service.