SunDoc Filings LLC Service Review (Features, Packages & More)
SunDoc Filings opened in 1999, and they’ve served thousands of customers since their formation.
There’s a lot of competition in the LLC services industry, but SunDoc Filings has some advantages that make them a strong contender for formation services.
With this SunDoc Filings LLC service review, you’ll find the information you need laid out in a convenient fashion. By the time you’re done reading, you’ll have a clearer picture of whether you want to use their services or not.
Advantages & Disadvantages
Advantages of SunDoc Filings:
– Forming an LLC in California? SunDoc Filings is a great choice. They visit the California Secretary of State’s office in person 3 times every day, meaning they’re able to offer 24-hour processing which obviously no competitor can top.
– Customer feedback is a major strength for them. SunDoc Filings gets excellent ratings from their clients, and there’s 1,500+ reviews to read through. It’s hard to complain about a large volume of high-quality reviews.
– With their 100% satisfaction guarantee, they’ll refund any fees you pay to SunDoc Filings if you’re unhappy for any reason.
Disadvantages of SunDoc Filings:
– Unfortunately, they don’t bundle in registered agent service with any of their LLC formation packages. Some competitors include a full year, which costs an extra $149 with SunDoc Filings.
– Their base-rate $79 package is so barebones that you would need to DIY nearly everything. This package doesn’t include the preparation of your formation documents, or even a name availability check.
SunDoc Filings LLC Packages
SunDoc Filings offers customers three levels of LLC service packages: Pro, Basic, and Complete. To look at exactly how they present these packages, check out their website for the full details.
Pro = $79 + State Fee
– Filing of Your Articles of Organization: You provide SunDoc Filings with your completed articles of organization, and they will file them with your state of formation.
Basic = $99 + State Fee
Everything from the Pro package, plus…
– Preparation of Articles of Organization: Whereas the Pro package requires you to draft your own articles of organization, with the Basic plan SunDoc Filings will take care of this step for you.
– Name Availability Check: They will search through your formation state’s business database to determine if your desired business name is available, or if it’s already been claimed by another company.
Complete = $279 + State Fee
Everything from the Basic package, plus…
– Federal Tax ID Number (EIN): An EIN is much like a Social Security Number for businesses. It’s a 9-digit code that allows you to open business bank accounts, pay your business taxes, hire employees, etc.
– LLC Kit and Seal: A symbolic feature that includes a binder with your company name printed on it, along with a decorative seal customized for your business.
What Are Other Entrepreneurs Saying?
This is one area where SunDoc Filings really shines. Most of their thousands of customer reviews can be found on TrustPilot, where they maintain a sparkling 9.7 average rating out of 10 points. As for the content of that feedback, it seems that their customers are most pleased with their speedy service, and their easily understood formation process.
There’s no other way to view customer feedback as anything other than a huge positive for SunDoc Filings.
– Trustpilot: 9.7 out of 10 stars (1,492 reviews)
Is There a Better SunDoc Filings Alternative?
With so many companies offering LLC formation services these days, there’s really no reason to purchase a service that doesn’t feel like a perfect fit for your business. SunDoc Filings does a great job for the most part, but what if you want to take a look at some other options?
Our favorite alternative to SunDoc Filings is IncFile. Their base-rate $49 package has many more valuable features than any of SunDoc’s packages, even the $279 Complete plan. IncFile includes a full year of registered agent in any formation package, which is a feature that SunDoc Filings never includes at any price point.
We do feel that both of these companies are strong options for LLC formation, but for most of our readers IncFile will be the better bargain.
Is SunDoc Filings Right For You?
SunDoc Filings is a strong choice for LLC services because they have excellent customer reviews and they offer super-fast formations in California. Of course, no one provider is the right choice for every single entrepreneur out there looking to form an LLC, so to end this review we’ll discuss scenarios where you may or may not want to use SunDoc Filings.
When to Use SunDoc Filings:
If you place a high value on customer reviews, you can’t go wrong with SunDoc Filings. Also, if you’re forming an LLC in California, their expedited service is as fast as it gets.
When NOT to Use SunDoc Filings:
If you’re looking to save money, or if you want service packages containing advanced features, you can probably do better with one of their competitors.
SunDoc Filings has some major advantages, especially for customers looking to start a company in California. However, if you want registered agent service, we would understand if you prefer to look elsewhere.
Frequently Asked SunDoc Filings Questions
Does SunDoc Filings Offer Any Discounts?
They don’t have any active discounts that we could find, although their prices are mostly reasonable to begin with, so that’s not a major concern.
Does SunDoc Filings Have Good Customer Support?
They certainly do. In fact, the quality of their support is a common theme of their customer reviews. SunDoc Filings has friendly and knowledgeable service reps, and they’re not outsourced to an anonymous call center like some of their competitors.
Do They Have a Refund Policy?
Their 100% satisfaction guarantee is a great safety net. If you’re unhappy with their services, SunDoc Filings will either correct the issue, provide a refund, or offer credit for future purchases.
Can I Form an LLC on My Own?
Sure, that’s always an option. The problem is that it can take a considerable time investment to learn the state-specific requirements for forming an LLC. On the other end of the spectrum, some entrepreneurs hire lawyers to form their new LLCs, which is much more expensive than an online LLC service.