Rocket Lawyer vs BizFilings (Which is Better LLC Company?)
Do you need to form a new LLC, but you aren’t familiar with the details of the DIY option? Are you also unwilling to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars to hire an attorney to draft and form your articles of organization?
Companies like Rocket Lawyer and BizFilings offer convenient alternatives to these options, but how do you figure out which one is the better choice for your company?
This Rocket Lawyer vs BizFilings comparison guide takes a look at their commonalities and differences. We’re confident that by reading this guide, you’ll get a good idea for which one you should choose.
With Rocket Lawyer and BizFilings, we’re discussing two of the top LLC formation service providers available in the industry today. They’re both quite capable of quickly and professionally forming your new LLC, but in general we think Rocket Lawyer is a slightly better service provider for our readers.
Most importantly, Rocket Lawyer gets excellent customer feedback, with high average rating scores across their nearly 2,000 online customer reviews. By contrast, we were only able to track down three total reviews of BizFilings’ services anywhere online, which is odd for a company with hundreds of thousands of customers.
Do you require some more information before you make your choice? Read on as we dive into all the relevant details of these two respected service providers.
7 Things They Have In Common
1)Affordable: Compared to the high cost of paying attorney fees, Rocket Lawyer and BizFilings can both save you quite a bit of money. Especially considering the fact that an LLC isn’t a terribly complex business structure, you may not require a lawyer’s expertise to begin with.
2) Customer Support: Saving money is always great, but if you’re not getting the assistance you need, what’s the point? With Rocket Lawyer and BizFilings, you have access to their customer support networks that can get your questions answered quickly and accurately, leaving you more free time to run your LLC instead of searching for answers on your own.
3) Experience: Experience matters in this industry, and both Rocket Lawyer and BizFilings have plenty of it. They’ve each formed thousands of businesses in the past, and they have the expertise necessary to do a great job forming your new LLC.
4) Efficiency: Do you need your new business formed sooner rather than later? Both BizFilings and Rocket Lawyer can expedite your order (for an extra fee, of course) that can speed up your formation time considerably. In some states, it can even go from a couple months down to just a few days!
5) Guaranteed Services: BizFilings guarantees that their formations are done accurately and quickly, and this guarantee lasts for the life of your LLC. Whether it’s tomorrow or several years down the line, if you find that they made a mistake with your filing, they’ll correct it or refund your money. As for Rocket Lawyer, they have an even more impressive 100% money-back guarantee that gives you 30 days to request a refund for any reason.
6) Security: Online security is a major priority for every consumer these days, and thankfully both of these providers take your safety seriously. BizFilings uses Norton Web Security to protect their website, and Rocket Lawyer uses McAfee Secure. They’re both powerful security tools that keep you safe online.
7) Additional Services: If you need other business services beyond your LLC formation, these companies can certainly help. From LLC operating agreements to registered agent service to federal tax ID numbers (EIN), they both have many other business services available. They’re truly one-stop business shops.
Side by Side Comparisons
These two service providers have nearly identical price points for LLC formations. Rocket Lawyer charges $99.99, whereas BizFilings has a baseline price tag of $99. (See Details)
Both of these companies provide the basics of formation (name availability search, preparation and filing of articles of organization), but Rocket Lawyer’s LLC formation package doesn’t include any advanced features. For their part, BizFilings provides six months of registered agent service, along with six months of their online compliance management tool.
Rocket Lawyer is a true industry giant, as they’ve served over 20 million customers since opening their doors in 2008 ― an incredible volume of clients for a company that’s only been around for a little over a decade. BizFilings has plenty of experience too, but not nearly on Rocket Lawyer’s level, as they’ve served over 500,000 clients since 2001.
These service providers both have solid customer service reputations, and we really don’t have a preference between the two in this area. Rocket Lawyer has slightly longer hours of operation ― they’re available on weekdays from 9am-9pm ET, compared to BizFilings’ 9am-8pm ET hours ― but BizFilings is a bit more consistent with the quality and responsiveness of their support.
Both Rocket Lawyer and BizFilings offer expedited processing according to state guidelines. As for the estimated turnaround times, we could not find any notable differences between these two companies. However, BizFilings charges an additional $60 fee on every expedited order, in addition to whatever your state charges, so expediting your order with BizFilings gets very expensive, very quickly.
This category is also quite even, as both Rocket Lawyer and BizFilings have ways to check your order status when you log into your account on their websites. They both make it easy to keep track of what step your formation is in.
Registered Agent Service
We discussed earlier how BizFilings includes six months of registered agent service with any LLC formation package, which is a feature Rocket Lawyer does not bundle in with their formations.
Beyond that, these companies have very similar pricing models for registered agent: Rocket Lawyer charges $149.99 per year, and BizFilings has a price point of $149. It should be noted that most competitors can beat these prices rather easily, and neither of these service providers would be near the top of our list for best registered agents. (What is a registered agent?)
There is no greater difference between these two service providers than when it comes to customer feedback. Rocket Lawyer has well over 1,500 reviews available online, and the vast majority of them are positive in nature. Customer feedback is clearly a big pro for Rocket Lawyer.
It’s a different story entirely for BizFilings, as they have basically no customer feedback online at all. It’s quite strange for a company with hundreds of thousands of customers, but we were only able to find three reviews of their services. Those three reviews are positive, but it’s such a small sample size that this is still a major disadvantage for BizFilings.
Ease of Use
Both of these companies have excellent websites that are very easy to navigate, and they both provide services that are much simpler to leverage than the DIY method. Rocket Lawyer and BizFilings are equals in this area.
Best Service for LLC Formation?
Rocket Lawyer and BizFilings are both highly reputable companies that provide top-notch LLC formation services. They’re both worthy of forming your new LLC, and we think you’ll be satisfied with either one.
That said, if some of you are still undecided, let’s close out this comparison guide by quickly touching on a few of the main reasons people choose one or the other. Regardless of which one you end up choosing to form your business, we wish you the best of luck with your new LLC!
Choose Rocket Lawyer if You Are:
Are you more comfortable using a service provider that has tons of experience and loads of positive customer feedback? Rocket Lawyer should be a strong choice for you.
Choose BizFilings if You Are:
Are you interested in receiving registered agent service bundled in with your LLC formation? BizFilings should fit the bill quite nicely.