Rocket Lawyer LLC Service Alternatives (Our Top Picks)
Are you forming a new LLC, but you’re not quite sure if Rocket Lawyer is the best choice to assist you?
They’ve been a popular LLC service provider for years, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re the best choice for your new business.
This Rocket Lawyer LLC service alternatives guide highlights the important pros and cons of their top competitors. Is one of them a better fit for you?
With 150,000+ businesses served since they opened their doors in 2004, IncFile is a smaller operation than Rocket Lawyer, but they still have plenty of experience. They pair excellent prices with robust feature sets, but are they a better option than Rocket Lawyer?
- IncFile has a starting price of $49 plus state fee for LLC service, which is one of the most affordable rates in the entire industry. Rocket Lawyer’s LLC formation service costs more than twice as much, at a rate of $99.99.
- Even with that low price point, IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service with any of their LLC service packages, as well as a 30-minute business tax consultation. Rocket Lawyer doesn’t provide either of these features with their LLC formations.
- IncFile has unbeatable customer reviews. With well over 7,000 reviews available online, they maintain impressively high scores, meaning nearly all of IncFile’s customers are fully satisfied with the service they receive. Rocket Lawyer receives strong reviews too, but not quite to the degree that IncFile does.
Considering how low their prices are, it’s even more impressive that IncFile offers such fully featured LLC service packages. Their only real weakness is the fact that their customer support can take 24+ hours to return messages at times.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
Northwest Registered Agent has been around since 1998, and they’re a solid midsize company with thousands of customers across the country. Northwest has a lot to offer when it comes to LLC formation service, but are they a better option than Rocket Lawyer?
- Northwest Registered Agent offers LLC formations starting at $79, which is not as cheap as IncFile, but still a significant savings when compared to Rocket Lawyer’s $99.99 price point.
- Every formation service package offered by Northwest includes a full year of their premium registered agent service ― a feature that Rocket Lawyer charges extra for. In addition, Northwest Registered Agent is the only major service provider that locally scans every document they receive on your behalf as your registered agent.
- Northwest’s biggest advantage when compared to Rocket Lawyer is their next-level customer support. Northwest Registered Agent assigns one of their helpful and professional Compliance Guides to each customer, and that person walks you through each step of your formation. In addition, if you ever require additional assistance, you can contact that person directly instead of phoning an anonymous call center.
Northwest Registered Agent also receives very good reviews from their customers, although they only have a few dozen reviews available online so it’s a bit of a small sample size. All told, Northwest is a strong contender to provide your LLC formation service.
Want to learn more about Northwest Registered Agent? Read our review.
LegalZoom’s experience level is comparable to that of Rocket Lawyer, as LegalZoom has helped about 4 million total customers and formed over 1 million LLCs since 1999. There are some advantages and disadvantages to being such a large company, so how do they compare to Rocket Lawyer?
- LegalZoom’s base rate is $149 (plus state fee) which is quite a bit higher than Rocket Lawyer’s $99.99 price point. LegalZoom does include one feature Rocket Lawyer doesn’t ― a banking resolution to help you open business bank accounts ― but that doesn’t make up for the $50 difference in price tags.
- One of LegalZoom’s best assets is their 100% satisfaction guarantee which states that you may request a refund at any time within 60 days of purchase and you’ll receive one, no questions asked. Rocket Lawyer is definitely a bit more stingy with their refunds.
- Their extended customer service hours are a godsend for busy entrepreneurs. Their support department is available from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays, and they’re even open on weekends from 10am to 7pm ET. By comparison, Rocket Lawyer’s reps are available 9am to 9pm ET on weekdays, and not at all on weekends.
The areas where LegalZoom excels are their strong brand power and their impressively high volume of customers. They’re not the cheapest option, and they don’t include the most features, but they do have some advantages of their own.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
No matter which of these companies you choose to help form your LLC, you’ll be getting an efficient and effective formation service. The major common thread between these four providers is that they can all save you hundreds of dollars over hiring a lawyer to draft and file your formation papers.
Which company you prefer largely comes down to where your priorities lie. If you’re looking for the best prices, go with IncFile. If you want to use the company with the most brand power, LegalZoom is a good bet. If you’re seeking a wide variety of add-on business services, give Rocket Lawyer a try. If premium customer support appeals to you, go with Northwest Registered Agent.
In general, IncFile is our favorite Rocket Lawyer alternative. They have great rates for their services, and they also offer robust feature sets that ensure you form a compliant LLC. Regardless of which provider you choose for LLC service, we wish you nothing but the best in all your future business endeavors!