Rocket Lawyer LLC Service Alternatives (Our Top Picks)
Are you forming a new LLC, but you’re not quite sure if Rocket Lawyer is the best choice to assist you? They’ve been a popular LLC service provider for years, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re the best choice for your new business.
Rocket Lawyer is a highly experienced company, as they’ve served an incredible 7 million businesses since 2008. Their LLC service costs $99.95 (plus state fee), or you can alternately get your formation as part of their legal services subscription which costs $39.95-49.95 per month. They also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that lasts for 30 days after your purchase.
This Rocket Lawyer LLC service alternatives guide highlights the important pros and cons of their top competitors. Is one of them a better fit for you?
With 150,000+ businesses served since they opened their doors in 2004, IncFile is a smaller operation than Rocket Lawyer, but they still have plenty of experience. They pair excellent prices with robust feature sets, but are they a better option than Rocket Lawyer?
- IncFile has a starting price of $49 plus state fee for LLC service, which is one of the most affordable rates in the entire industry. Just because it’s reasonably priced doesn’t mean it’s short on features though, as every formation package includes a year of registered agent service. Furthermore, their Gold package is just $149 and includes an operating agreement and a federal tax ID number (EIN).
- They have unbeatable customer reviews. With well over 2,000 reviews available online, they maintain impressively high scores, meaning nearly all of IncFile’s customers are fully satisfied with the service they receive.
- If you live in a state where further steps are required for your LLC’s compliance — such as publishing your LLC formation in a newspaper — IncFile will always inform you of these state-specific requirements.
Finally, IncFile is also known for having quality customer service. Their support agents are friendly and helpful, and they’ll be able to answer the vast majority of questions you might have about the formation process.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
LegalZoom’s experience level is close to that of Rocket Lawyer, as LegalZoom has helped about 4 million customers since 1999. There are some advantages and disadvantages to being such a large company, so how do they compare to Rocket Lawyer?
- LegalZoom’s base rate is $79 (plus state fee) which is quite a bit lower than Rocket Lawyer’s $99.95 price point. They also exclude registered agent and an EIN from all 3 of their service packages, so you’ll have to add them a la carte.
- Their extended customer service hours are a godsend for busy entrepreneurs. Their support department is available from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays, and they’re even open on weekends from 10am to 7pm ET.
The areas where LegalZoom excels are their strong brand power and their impressively high volume of customers. In addition, they offer a satisfaction guarantee that makes it a bit easier to justify their price points, as you can simply ask for your money back if you don’t feel they made your purchase worthwhile.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
MyCompanyWorks is a bit smaller than IncFile, as they have 50,000+ business formations since they opened in 2001. They still have plenty of experience, and their customers appreciate their personal touch, which larger companies are unable to provide.
- With a base rate of $79 (plus state fee), their price is in between IncFile and Rocket Lawyer. Adding registered agent and EIN onto your formation with will bring your total to $279 with MyCompanyWorks.
- Their customer support team responds quickly to your calls and emails. They’ll usually get back to you in 20 minutes or less if you contact them during business hours, whereas some competitors can take a full day to respond.
- Like Rocket Lawyer, MyCompanyWorks offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re unhappy with your formation service for any reason, simply request a refund and they will grant it to you, with no questions asked.
MyCompanyWorks also provides a convenient checklist that makes sure you don’t miss any important compliance steps. All told, they have a lot to offer their LLC formation customers.
Want to learn more about MyCompanyWorks? Read our review.
No matter which of these companies you choose to help form your LLC, you’ll be getting an efficient and effective formation service. The major common thread between these 4 providers is that they can all save you hundreds of dollars over hiring a lawyer to draft and file your formation papers.
Which company you prefer largely comes down to where your priorities lie. If you’re looking for the best prices, go with IncFile. If you want to use the company with the most experience, LegalZoom is a good bet. If you’re seeking a wide variety of other business services, give Rocket Lawyer a try. If quick customer service is important to you, MyCompanyWorks is a great option.
In general, IncFile is my favorite Rocket Lawyer LLC alternative. They have great rates for their services, and they also offer robust feature sets that ensure you form a compliant LLC.