Nationwide Incorporators vs LegalZoom (Which is The Best Service?)
Are you in the process of forming an LLC, but you’ve come to the conclusion that you could use some help? With companies like Nationwide Incorporators and LegalZoom assistance is never far away, but how do you choose which provider is the right fit for you?
With this Nationwide Incorporators vs LegalZoom comparison, you’ll find the key points you need to know about each company laid out in a convenient fashion. Read on to make your LLC service decision a bit easier!
* Quick Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
7 Things They Have In Common
- With either of these companies, you’ll save a significant sum over hiring a traditional law firm. Nationwide Incorporators and LegalZoom are both able to form an LLC for a fraction of the cost of an attorney, and given the nature of LLCs as relatively simple structures, you may not even need a lawyer to draft and file your formation documents.
- Saving money is great, but the whole point of an LLC service is to make your life easier. With Nationwide Incorporators and LegalZoom, you get access to their comprehensive customer support systems that can help with any questions or concerns you may have.
- They both offer strong guarantees that can back you up if any problems arise. LegalZoom has a satisfaction guarantee that provides you with a refund if you’re unhappy for any reason, while Nationwide Incorporators will correct any issues until you’re satisfied.
- If experience is a priority for you, these companies should put your mind at ease. They’ve each helped form thousands of businesses, and they both have years of experience in the LLC formation services industry.
- Do you have other business services on your to-do list, like federal tax ID (EIN) obtainment or registered agent? No need to track down other providers for these or many other services, as Nationwide Incorporators and LegalZoom both offer many other business solutions.
- Is web security a major concern for you? Nationwide Incorporators uses a suite of security software including Digicert Secure and PayPal Verification, while LegalZoom has Norton Web Security protecting their site. They’re powerful tools to keep you safe online.
- If you would like to learn more about business solutions including formations, ongoing compliance or taxation issues, these companies both have online learning centers where you can find loads of free info on these and many other topics.
Side by Side Comparisons
LegalZoom’s pricing starts at $79, which is $66 cheaper than Nationwide Incorporators’ starting price of $145 plus state fee. (See Details)
Nationwide Incorporators includes some sample forms in their base package like minutes and an LLC operating agreement that you can customize. LegalZoom used to offer a free customized operating agreement, but now they charge extra for it.
Aside from these relatively minor differences, Nationwide Incorporators has attorney reviews of every document they draft for you, which is a rather unique advantage.
Nationwide Incorporators has over 20 years of experience, and their president and founder Mike Ross has been a business attorney for 40 years. They are a solid mid-sized company with the resources to form an LLC with ease. For their part, LegalZoom is one of the industry leaders. Since they opened in 1999, they’ve helped nearly 4 million customers, about half of those being business clients.
With Nationwide Incorporators, you’re just a phone call away from company president Mike Ross, who handles many steps of your formation personally. He’s also regularly available to answer any questions you may have from 9am to 6pm ET on weekdays.
LegalZoom’s service department has many helpful professionals answering their phones, but as such a large company it’s no surprise that some of their support reps are better than others. One thing that is consistently great is their extended service hours, which run from 8am-10pm ET weekdays and 10am-7pm ET weekends.
Like most providers, Nationwide Incorporators bases their processing times on the requirements from your state of formation. There is no convenient place to find their turnaround time estimates on their website, but you can always contact them and ask.
With LegalZoom, their turnarounds are based on what level of LLC service you purchase from them. Their top-tier Express Gold package has estimated processing times of 7-10 business days, while customers who choose Standard get 15-day turnarounds and Economy customers have their orders processed in about 30 days.
Neither of these companies have anything particularly fancy when it comes to order status tracking tools, but they do both have simple systems that can inform you of the status of your LLC formation.
Registered Agent Service
While Nationwide Incorporators does offer registered agent service, you’ll have to contact them to order it or get a price quote. LegalZoom allows you to order registered agent from their website, which costs a flat rate of $159 per year. (What is a Registered Agent?)
We could only find 3 online reviews for Nationwide Incorporators, though they are all quite positive. LegalZoom has hundreds of reviews available online, but unlike Nationwide Incorporators they are mixed fairly evenly between positive and negative feedback. In short, neither of these companies gains or loses much ground based on customer reviews.
Ease of Use
Some of Nationwide Incorporators services, such as registered agent, are only available over the phone and cannot be ordered online. LegalZoom definitely has the advantage in the realm of convenience, as all of their services are available from their simple and user-friendly website.
Which LLC Provider Should You Choose?
With either Nationwide Incorporators or LegalZoom, you’re getting a strong LLC formation service at a reasonable price. Still, some of you may remain undecided, so to close I’ll walk through a couple different scenarios that may sway your decision in one direction or the other.
When to Choose LegalZoom:
LegalZoom is the more affordable and established company, with big-name brand power. Also, the ease of use that comes with their convenient online services is always appreciated.
When to Choose Nationwide Incorporators:
Does the idea of attorney drafted and/or reviewed documents appeal to you? Nationwide Incorporators is unique in this field for their lawyer-powered filings, so if this is important to you they’re a great choice.