Top MyCorporation LLC Service Alternatives
If you’re forming a new LLC but don’t want to go it alone, where do you turn for assistance?
There are many LLC service providers like MyCorporation out there, but how do you discern which one you should use?
In this MyCorporation LLC service alternatives guide, you’ll find information about 3 of their top competitors that should help you determine if MyCorporation is the right choice for your new LLC.
While MyCorporation has served over a million businesses since they opened in 1995, IncFile has a strong track record of their own, with 150,000+ customers served since 2004. How does IncFile compare to MyCorporation in other areas?
- With a starting rate of $49 (plus state fee), they can save you a bit of money over MyCorporation’s $89 base price point.
- IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service with any LLC service package, which is a feature MyCorporation only includes in their $199 Deluxe and $299 Premium packages. However, while MyCorporation’s $89 Basic package only includes the essentials, their $99 Standard package includes a year of their fully managed annual report service ― a $98 value, and a service IncFile doesn’t include with any LLC packages.
- Much like MyCorporation, IncFile has fantastic customer feedback. With thousands of positive reviews and hardly any critical feedback, IncFile has both the volume and quality of reviews that you like to see from a prospective service provider.
One advantage that MyCorporation has over IncFile is customer support. MyCorporation is known for their strong customer service, and they’re very responsive. The issue with IncFile isn’t the quality of their support, but rather their wait times ― we’ve had to wait over 24 hours to get a response from them before.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
Northwest Registered Agent was formed in 1998, and since then they’ve become a really solid midsize company in the business services industry. Custom-tailored customer support is their calling card, but do they compare favorably to MyCorporation overall?
- Northwest Registered Agent offers LLC formation service starting at $79, which is $10 cheaper than the $89 you’ll pay with MyCorporation.
- Like IncFile, Northwest Registered Agent provides a year of registered agent service with any formation package. One advantage for Northwest though is that they’re the only major service provider that locally scans all documents they receive on your behalf, whereas most competitors only scan your official government-issued forms.
- Northwest Registered Agent has the best customer support in this guide. Each of their clients receives personal support from one of Northwest’s Corporate Guides, and that person guides you through each step of the formation process. If you have questions at any time, you can call or email that individual directly instead of waiting on hold to speak to a random representative.
With a few dozen reviews available online, Northwest Registered Agent doesn’t have the highest volume of customer feedback. However, their reviews are nearly universally positive, so even though they don’t have hundreds of reviews like MyCorporation (or thousands like IncFile), customer feedback is still a pro for Northwest.
Want to learn more about Northwest Registered Agent? Read our review.
LegalZoom is an even larger company than MyCorporation, with over 4 million total customers served and 1 million LLCs formed since they opened for business in 1999. They have more experience than any of the other providers we’ve discussed, but how do they stack up to MyCorporation beyond that?
- Their starting price for LLC service is $149 plus state fee, which is easily the highest price point among these options. You can save a considerable amount of money by going with MyCorporation and their $89 price point.
- Like MyCorporation, LegalZoom does not include registered agent service with their base formation package. They do provide a banking resolution to help you open business bank accounts, but that’s not a tremendously valuable feature.
- LegalZoom clients love their extended customer support hours. You can reach them by phone or email from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays and 10am to 7pm ET on weekends. We don’t know of any other companies in the LLC service industry that can hold a candle to those hours of availability. For example, MyCorporation is available from 10am to 8pm ET on weekdays.
One other positive of LegalZoom’s service is their inclusion of a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which is the best refund policy in this guide. If you decide that you’re unhappy with their LLC service, simply request a refund within 60 days of your purchase.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
With any of these four companies, you’ll receive efficient and effective LLC formation service. All of them are highly capable, and they’ll all save you quite a bit of money over hiring a lawyer to draft and file your formation papers.
Depending on your priorities, you may have a different preference than we do. IncFile has the best prices, MyCorporation offers impressive annual report service, Northwest Registered Agent provides fantastic customer support, and LegalZoom is the most popular.
All told, our favorite MyCorporation alternative is IncFile. Their prices are nearly impossible to beat, and they include registered agent with every formation package, which most businesses need. Regardless of which LLC service provider you end up choosing, we wish you safe travels on your LLC formation journey!