MyCompanyWorks vs IncFile (Which is Better?)
Would you like help creating an LLC, but you don’t know where to turn for help?
This MyCompanyWorks vs IncFile LLC service comparison summarizes the strengths and weaknesses of each company relative to the other. There are many areas where these services overlap, but they have plenty of important differences as well. Let’s find out which one’s the right choice for your new LLC.
* Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
MyCompanyWorks and IncFile are both reputable companies offering reliable LLC formation service online, and we think you’ll be quite satisfied with either one. However, in our opinion IncFile has some advantages that make them the preferred choice for most of our readers.
Most importantly, IncFile’s base rate of $49 is considerably cheaper than the $79 price point offered by MyCompanyWorks. Furthermore, IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service, a feature MyCompanyWorks only adds to their premium LLC formation packages.
If you’re not quite ready to make your decision yet, read on to discover the main commonalities and differences of these two highly respected LLC services.
7 Things They Have In Common
– Affordable: Both of these LLC service providers are much more affordable than hiring a traditional law firm to draft and file your articles of organization. By using MyCompanyWorks or IncFile, you’ll save hundreds of dollars over hiring a lawyer.
– Customer Support: Even though you’ll be saving money, you’re still not going it alone. These companies both have experienced and knowledgeable customer support representatives who can help answer your tough questions.
– Additional Services: Do you need registered agent service, a federal tax ID number (EIN), a doing business as (DBA) name, etc.? These companies both offer many other business solutions beyond just helping you form your new LLC.
– Experience: These providers have plenty of experience in the LLC service industry. IncFile and MyCompanyWorks each serve thousands of businesses every year, and their ability to effectively and efficiently form your LLC is unquestioned.
– Great Customer Reviews: Both IncFile and MyCompanyWorks get fantastic feedback from their customers. Both services have thousands of reviews all over the web, and they maintain high average ratings on all third-party review sites.
– Efficiency: Need your company formed in a hurry? No problem! MyCompanyWorks and IncFile have expediting options that can cut your turnaround times down from weeks to mere days.
– Security: Both of these incorporation services are serious about your online security. IncFile uses Norton Web Security to protect their site from malware and encrypt data transmissions, while MyCompanyWorks uses McAfee Secure to keep you and your data safe.
Side by Side Comparisons
IncFile’s base rate of $49 for LLC formation service is considerably cheaper than the MyCompanyWorks baseline price point of $79. (See Details)
IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service with all of their LLC service packages, but MyCompanyWorks only includes registered agent with their most expensive formation package. On the other hand, MyCompanyWorks offers a custom operating agreement with any LLC formation, whereas IncFile only includes this important document in their higher-cost formation packages.
IncFile has helped form over 150,000 businesses since they opened in 2004. MyCompanyWorks has 50,000+ business formations since opening in 2001.
MyCompanyWorks responds to most calls and emails received during business hours within just 20 minutes. That’s a significant advantage over IncFile, which is generally easy to get ahold of as well, but we have waited over 24 hours to hear back from IncFile before. Both companies do have knowledgeable and friendly service reps.
As for hours of operation, they’re nearly identical. IncFile is open from 10am to 7pm ET Monday through Friday, while MyCompanyWorks is available from 10:30am to 7:30pm ET on weekdays.
Processing times for LLC formation with both MyCompanyWorks and IncFile vary by state, but it does seem like MyCompanyWorks is slightly quicker more often than not. Both companies offer rush filing, with prices that also vary depending on your state of formation — in some states, MyCompanyWorks has cheaper expediting, but IncFile beats their prices in others. We recommend checking both sites for your specific state estimates.
MyCompanyWorks notifies you via email when they have status updates for you. On the other hand, IncFile goes a step further, with a real-time order status tracking tool on their website.
Registered Agent Service
As we mentioned earlier, IncFile bundles a full year of registered agent service with any LLC formation package, while MyCompanyWorks only includes a year of registered agent with their most expensive package. After that free first year, MyCompanyWorks has the advantage because they charge only $99 per year, whereas IncFile charges $119. (What is a Registered Agent?)
Both of these providers have thousands of customer reviews available online. Customer feedback is a big pro for MyCompanyWorks and IncFile, as they both maintain high average rating scores even with such a large volume of reviews.
Ease of Use
MyCompanyWorks and IncFile feature convenient business services that can be purchased online. Most of their business solutions can also be executed entirely online. Both companies have user-friendly websites full of good information. They are equal in this area.
Which Is Right For You?
IncFile and MyCompanyWorks offer many of the same business services, but there are some key differences in the way they provide these solutions. Depending on what your priorities and needs are, you may prefer one over the other.
If you’re still undecided, it might help to walk through some scenarios that may sway your decision to either MyCompanyWorks or IncFile. Whichever one you choose to help you form your new LLC, we wish you the best of luck!
Choose MyCompanyWorks if You Are:
If you want reliable customer support that’s easily and quickly accessed, MyCompanyWorks should be a good fit for you.
Choose IncFile if You Are:
If you want the lowest prices, paired with valuable features like registered agent service, IncFile is a great option.