MaxFilings LLC Service Review
MaxFilings opened back in 2007, with thousands of customers served since then. Even though there’s quite a few competitors in the LLC services field, MaxFilings has managed to carve out some space for themselves in the industry.
This MaxFilings LLC service review outlines the most important factors to consider when you’re thinking about using their services. Are they your best choice?
Advantages of MaxFilings:
- It’s tough to top their pricing, as their base package costs just $49 and includes a full year of registered agent service. (What is a registered agent?)
- MaxFilings has a 110% Best Price Guarantee that ensures they’ll beat any competitor’s price, if you can find one that’s less expensive to begin with of course.
- Few companies take online security as seriously as they do. They use Authorize.Net to verify their merchant identity, Trustwave for payment protections, and Comodo Secure to scan for malware and encrypt your private data transfers. Also, their own security features go above and beyond what most competitors offer.
- Their website has a handy chart that shows estimated processing times for both normal and expedited processing in every state. It’s surprising how few of their competitors offer this seemingly simple feature.
Disadvantages of MaxFilings:
- I could not find even one customer review of MaxFilings. While it’s not necessarily a red flag, it’s highly unusual for a company that’s been in business for a decade.
- They do not assist with state-specific compliance requirements like annual reports or newspaper publication of your LLC’s formation. They will inform you that you need to take care of it, but you’ll be on your own to do so.
MaxFilings LLC Packages
With MaxFilings, you’ll have 3 options for LLC formation packages. Each of them has its own combination of pricing and features to appeal to a variety of business types and sizes, and if you’d like to see how MaxFilings explains your choices in their own words, check out their website for the full details.
Seeing as different companies have unique needs for formation and ongoing compliance, it’s not easy to point at any one package as a “one size fits all” option. With that in mind, let’s dive in and see which one might be the best choice for your business.
- 1 Year of Registered Agent
- Business Tax Consultation
- Lifetime Company Alerts
It all starts with the Silver package, which costs $49. This level starts with the basics to form your business like name availability checks, and the preparation and filing of your formation articles.
You’ll also receive a full year of registered agent service to receive and forward your important government documents, an hour-long business tax consultation, lifetime company alerts for filing deadlines, and online access to a digital copy of your formation documents.
This is a robust set of features for such an extremely low price, and an easy package to recommend to any entrepreneur.
- Federal Tax ID (EIN)
- Custom LLC Operating Agreement
- LLC Kit
Next, is the Gold package which costs $149. At this price point, you’ll get everything from the Silver package, along with a federal tax ID number (EIN) to enable you to staff your company and file business taxes.
This package also includes a custom LLC operating agreement to define the structure of your business, a banking resolution, an LLC kit and seal which is a symbolic binder with custom wax seal, and Express shipping.
Seeing as it costs $70 to add an EIN to the Silver package, paying another $30 for a custom operating agreement and express shipping is a good deal.
- Free Business Website
- Library of Sample Documents
- Expedited Filing with Your State
Finally, we arrive at the Platinum LLC package. This package costs $299 and starts with everything included in the Gold package. The additional features get you a business website and domain name from a 3rd-party partner called Sniper Monkey, along with a library of sample documents. You also get expedited filing with your state of formation.
This is my least-favorite option, as Sniper Monkey is not a well-known website builder so it’s quite difficult to say whether they’ll provide a top-notch website or not. As for the contract library, a collection of sample forms has some value but certainly not the $150 they charge to add it onto one of the other tiers.
Any of these options are logical purchases, but my personal choice would be to pick the Silver package and add an EIN. This brings your total to $119, which is an incredibly reasonable price point for the combination of formation, registered agent and EIN.
What Are Other Entrepreneurs Saying?
There is no online customer feedback for MaxFilings on 3rd-party sites, or if there is I simply couldn’t find it. Even the handful of testimonials on the MaxFilings website are quite old, mostly from 2009-2014.
There’s obviously not a ton of analysis to do on reviews that don’t exist, so I’ll just say that having no feedback is better than having a bunch of negative reviews like some of their competitors do.
Should You Use MaxFilings?
MaxFilings is a great choice to form your new LLC online, thanks to their fantastic prices which are backed up by a 110% price match guarantee. Still, they won’t be the perfect fit for every entrepreneur looking to form an LLC, so to wrap things up let’s look at some scenarios where you may or may not want to use MaxFilings.
When to Use MaxFilings:
If you want the combination of LLC formation, registered agent and EIN, I don’t know of any service that gives you all 3 for less money than MaxFilings.
When NOT to Use MaxFilings:
If you place a high value on customer feedback, or if you want a service to handle your state-specific compliance guidelines, you might want to look elsewhere.