IncParadise vs LegalZoom (Who’s Your Best Bet?)
Are you looking to form a new LLC, but you’re not sure where to turn for help?
This IncParadise vs LegalZoom comparison looks at their key commonalities and differences, in an effort to help you figure out which one you want to help form your LLC.
7 Things They Have In Common
- Affordable: If you’re on a tight budget, or just want to make sure you’re maximizing every dollar, these services can save you lots of money. As opposed to hiring a lawyer to draft and file your formation documents, IncParadise and LegalZoom can form your LLC for a fraction of the cost.
- Support If You Need It: Just because you’re saving some cash doesn’t mean you’re going the DIY route. LegalZoom and IncParadise have extensive customer service networks that can answer your tough questions, leaving you free to run your business rather than wasting time trying to find answers on your own.
- Experience: If you prefer to rely on companies that have lots of experience, you’re in luck. Both IncParadise and LegalZoom have formed thousands of LLCs, so you can rest easy knowing your formation is in reliable hands.
- Fast LLC Formation: Do you need to form an LLC in a hurry? No problem! Both of these providers offer expedited processing that can slash your turnaround times from weeks down to mere days.
- Security: Your online safety and security is important to them. LegalZoom protects their site using Norton Web Security, which encrypts all data transmissions and defends against malware. IncParadise uses an Inc.com Verified Profile, which ensures their website is secure by authenticating their merchant identity.
- Additional Services: Do you anticipate requiring additional services, like registered agent or maybe a federal tax ID number (EIN)? LegalZoom and IncParadise offer many other business solutions that can help you maintain a compliant standing long after your formation.
- Lots Of Reviews: Are you the type of customer who has to read reviews before making a purchase? These companies have easily accessible customer feedback available online, which can give you a great idea of what it’s like to be their client.
Side by Side Comparisons
IncParadise can form an LLC for as little as $89 plus state fee. That’s a significant discount over LegalZoom’s $149 base rate.
The IncParadise formation package is rather barebones. LegalZoom’s basic package includes a banking resolution to help you open business checking and/or savings accounts, as well as a personalized operating agreement which outlines the structure of your LLC. These are features which cost extra as add-ons with IncParadise.
LegalZoom is one of the giants of the industry, with 4 million total customers and 2 million business clients since they opened in 1999. IncParadise is a smaller operation, but they also have plenty of experience. They formed in 2002, and they’ve formed 11,000+ businesses since then.
IncParadise responds quickly when you call or email them, both in my own experience and that of others described in customer reviews. Give them a try for yourself by calling their helpful, professional service agents between 11am and 8pm ET on weekdays.
LegalZoom’s support reps are somewhat inconsistent, likely due to their status as a large company. The more people you staff to answer your phones, the higher the chances are that some of those people aren’t first-rate reps. Still, LegalZoom’s support does have some advantages like their extended hours of operation. They’re available from 8am to 10pm ET Monday through Friday, and they’re even open on weekends from 10am to 7pm ET.
With LegalZoom, your processing times vary depending on which LLC service package you purchase. Their quickest is the top-tier Express Gold (7-10 business days), followed by Standard (15 days) and Economy (30). IncParadise estimates turnaround times depending on your state of formation, and also whether you choose to expedite your order. They’re as quick as a couple days in some states, but can take several weeks in others.
LegalZoom has a simple but effective order status tracking tool on their website. Simply log in to your account to see where you stand in the formation process. IncParadise’s website isn’t as fancy as LegalZoom’s, but they do have a similar order status tool in their account login area.
Registered Agent Service
IncParadise’s registered agent services are an absolute bargain. Your first year costs $59-89 depending on your state, but you can pre-pay additional years for just $39 per year. They even offer lifetime registered agent service for $499. By contrast, LegalZoom charges a flat $159 annual fee. (What is a Registered Agent?)
IncParadise only has a few dozen reviews scattered across the web, which isn’t terribly surprising given that they’re a relatively small company. Importantly, the reviews they do have are nearly universal in their praise for IncParadise.
On the other hand, LegalZoom has a great many reviews, numbering in the hundreds. Their feedback seems pretty evenly split between positive and critical, with plenty of customers in both the satisfied and unsatisfied camps.
Ease of Use
One of the clear-cut advantages a huge company like LegalZoom has over a mid-sized operation like IncParadise is web design. Simply put, LegalZoom’s website is sleek and modern, while IncParadise’s simply gets the job done. It’s not a major difference in terms of functionality, but one is more user-friendly than the other.
Which Should You Go With?
With IncParadise and LegalZoom, you’re dealing with two of the best online LLC services, with the experience and expertise to get the job done right.
Some of you may still be undecided though, so let’s close this comparison by going over some situations in which customers may be swayed one way or the other.
When To Choose IncParadise:
Do you value low prices? How about the personal touch that industry giants can’t provide? These are a few of the many good reasons to use IncParadise.
When To Choose LegalZoom:
LegalZoom has all the hallmarks of big business: brand power, customer volume, extensive experience, etc. If these are your priorities, then they deserve a look.