Incorporate.com vs IncFile (Who Wins For You?)
Are you in the LLC formation process, but you’ve decided you’d rather get some assistance than go the DIY route?
This Incorporate.com vs IncFile LLC service comparison is structured in a way that highlights their major commonalities and differences, and should make your decision a bit easier. Let’s find out which one is the best fit for you.
* Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
IncFile and Incorporate.com are two of the most popular LLC formation services available online, and they’re both quality companies that are easy to recommend. However, IncFile has some distinct advantages that make them our top pick for most of our readers.
To begin with, IncFile offers LLC service for just $49, which is less than half as much as you’ll spend with Incorporate.com ($99). Furthermore, IncFile provides a full year of registered agent service with any formation package, a feature that Incorporate.com doesn’t include at any price point.
Do you need some more information before making the decision for your business? Read on to find out everything you need to know to make an informed choice.
5 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: Both of these LLC service providers can save you a considerable amount of money. As opposed to hiring an attorney to form your new company, Incorporate.com and IncFile are hundreds of dollars cheaper.
2) Customer Support: Saving money is great, but you don’t want to go it alone either. IncFile and Incorporate.com have customer support networks that can make your life much easier. If you have any questions or concerns throughout the formation process, they have the answers you seek.
3) Experience: Experience is the name of the game in this industry, and both of these companies have plenty of it. They’ve both helped form thousands of businesses, and Incorporate.com has even been open since the 19th century! They’re both entirely legitimate and trustworthy operations.
4) Additional Services: If you would like assistance beyond just your LLC formation, Incorporate.com and IncFile both offer dozens of other business solutions. They’re one-stop shops for anything from registered agent service to federal tax ID number (EIN) obtainment.
5) Educational: Do you want to learn more about business formations, startup tasks, industry-specific guidelines, and more? Both Incorporate.com and IncFile have comprehensive learning centers on their websites where you can find tons of relevant info, whether you’re a customer or not.
Side by Side Comparisons
Incorporate.com offers LLC service starting at $99 plus state fee. On the other hand, IncFile can form your new LLC for just $49. (See Details)
With Incorporate.com’s $99 package, you’re truly only getting the basics of formation: a business name availability check, along with the drafting and filing of your articles of organization. Even at their lower $49 price point, IncFile adds some valuable features, including a full year of registered agent service and a business tax consultation.
IncFile has plenty of experience, with over 150,000 businesses formed since 2004. However, Incorporate.com is on another level when it comes to longevity, as they’ve served 750,000+ businesses since they opened way back in 1899.
We’ll give a slight advantage to Incorporate.com when it comes to customer service. Both of these providers have strong customer support in general, but Incorporate.com is a bit better in two crucial areas.
First, Incorporate.com is available from 8am to 8pm ET on weekdays, compared to IncFile’s 10am to 7pm ET weekday availability. Secondly, IncFile can occasionally have some long wait times, as we’ve had to wait over 24 hours to hear back from them at times.
Both of these companies have processing times that vary depending on your state of formation. They also both list their state-by-state estimates in a convenient manner on their websites. Generally speaking, their turnarounds are roughly equal in most states.
Incorporate.com and IncFile both have advanced order status tracking tools on their websites. You’ll always know exactly where you stand in real time with either of these providers.
Registered Agent Service
At $235 per year, Incorporate.com has one of the highest price points for registered agent in this industry. They also do not include any registered agent service with any of their LLC formation packages. IncFile charges $119 annually for registered agent, and they also include a full year with any formation service. (What is a registered agent?)
IncFile gets stellar customer feedback. With thousands of reviews across the web, and nearly unanimously positive scores, it’s clear that their customers are quite pleased with the service they receive from IncFile. As for Incorporate.com, they only have a few dozen reviews online, and most of them take a critical viewpoint. Customer feedback is a major advantage to IncFile.
Ease of Use
In our opinion, Incorporate.com and IncFile both offer easy to use business solutions. As opposed to spending hours forming your own LLC, all you have to do in most cases to get your LLC formed with these providers is give them some basic information. They both also have user-friendly websites.
Which LLC Provider Wins?
With either Incorporate.com or IncFile, you’re getting a service provider that can be trusted to form your LLC quickly and effectively. They both have plenty of experience, and either of them will save you a significant amount of money compared to the cost of hiring a lawyer to handle your formation.
If you remain undecided, we’ll finish this comparison by going through common scenarios that may sway your opinion to one provider or the other.
Choose Incorporate.com if You Are:
If you place a high value on experience and longevity, and you want quick customer support, Incorporate.com is a worthy choice to form your LLC.
Choose IncFile if You Are:
If you’re looking for affordable rates paired with great features, or if you value positive customer reviews, you should be quite happy with IncFile.