Incorporate.com vs BizFilings (Better Formation Service?)
Do you need to form a new LLC, but you don’t have experience with the DIY option? Do you also lack the budget to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to hire an attorney to form your LLC?
Companies like Incorporate.com and BizFilings occupy the middle ground between these options, professionally forming businesses at reasonable rates. But how do you figure out which one is the best choice for you?
In this Incorporate.com vs BizFilings comparison guide, we’ll examine their shared attributes, as well as the ones that set them apart from each other. When you’re finished reading, we’re confident that you’ll have a clear idea of which one you should choose to help form your LLC.
Incorporate.com and BizFilings are both highly reliable and respected LLC formation service providers, and they’re both quite easy to recommend. We think you’ll be happy with their services, no matter which one you choose. Still, BizFilings has a few advantages that we think make them the preferable option for most of our readers.
First off, Incorporate.com has mostly negative customer feedback that paints their client experience in a bad light. BizFilings has very few online reviews in general, but at least their feedback is positive in nature. In addition, Incorporate.com has some really high price points, but without the extra features that would make them justifiable.
If you would like to get some more information about these two companies before making a decision, read on as we take a look at their most important commonalities and differences.
6 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: Both of these service providers are capable of saving you a tremendous amount of money compared to paying a lawyer’s fees. Furthermore, because the LLC isn’t exactly a complicated business structure, you may find that you don’t even need an attorney’s expertise anyway.
2) Customer Support: Everyone loves to save money, but if you can’t access help when you need it, what’s the point? Incorporate.com and BizFilings both provide their customers with access to their extensive support networks, meaning if you have questions or concerns at any time, help is just a phone call or email away.
3) Experience: If you’re hiring someone to form a business for you, wouldn’t you prefer to hire someone who’s been around the block a few times? BizFilings and Incorporate.com both have lots of experience, as they’ve each formed thousands of businesses in the past, and you can definitely trust them to form your LLC quickly and correctly.
4) Efficiency: Do you need your LLC formed sooner rather than later? Both of these service providers can expedite your order with your formation state (for an additional fee), a process which can dramatically speed up the turnaround time for your LLC formation.
5) Educational: With these service providers, you don’t even have to be a customer to learn a considerable amount about the business world. Incorporate.com has a learning center on their website that includes an impressive variety of business articles and how-to guides, and BizFilings’ Business Owner’s Toolkit has tons of information about launching and running a business.
6) Additional Services: Do you want registered agent service? How about a federal tax ID number (EIN)? Perhaps you’re looking for an LLC operating agreement? Both Incorporate.com and BizFilings have many other business services available, meaning you won’t need to shop around with a bunch of different service providers.
Side by Side Comparisons
BizFilings and Incorporate.com have the exact same baseline price point of $99 for LLC formation service. (See Details)
These companies both include all the essentials of LLC formation, including a business name availability check, along with the drafting and filing of your articles of organization. However, Incorporate.com doesn’t include any other features with their base-rate package, whereas BizFilings throws in six months of registered agent service, along with six months of their online compliance management tool.
BizFilings has completed 500,000+ business filings since they opened in 2001, which is an impressive customer volume. Incorporate.com has them beat in the experience department though, especially when it comes to longevity ― they’ve been open since way back in 1899! In their century-plus of providing business services, they’ve formed over 750,000 companies.
Both of these companies have high-quality customer service departments that should be able to answer any questions you may have throughout the LLC formation process. Incorporate.com has support reps available from 8am to 8pm ET on weekdays, and you can contact BizFilings representatives from 9am to 8pm ET. Customer support is a strength for both of these service providers, and we don’t really have a preference between them in this area.
These service providers both base their turnaround times on the guidelines of your specific state of formation, and they’re generally within a couple days of each other when it comes to estimates. While they also both offer expedited service to speed up your formation, there’s a crucial difference here. Whereas Incorporate.com does require you to pay your state’s expediting fee, BizFilings requires you to pay the state fee plus their own $60 surcharge, which makes BizFilings a poor choice if you want expedited service.
Incorporate.com has a handy real-time order status tracking tool available on their website, and BizFilings has a similar tool in the “My Account” portion of their site. Both companies make it easy to keep track of the exact step your formation is in at any given time.
Registered Agent Service
BizFilings includes six months of registered agent service with all of their LLC formation packages, and after that initial trial period, they charge an annual fee of $149 ― which isn’t exactly a great price point, but it’s certainly better than what Incorporate.com has to offer in this regard.
Incorporate.com does not include registered agent service with any level of LLC formation package, and their price point of $235 per year is the highest rate we’ve ever seen in this industry. When some competitors offer this same service for around $100 or even less, it’s hard to justify paying more than double that rate. (What is a registered agent?)
We were able to find 56 online customer reviews for Incorporate.com, and unfortunately most of them are quite critical in nature. Their customers seem to be confused at times regarding the subscription-based nature of their registered agent service, and some mention being signed up for it without their consent.
BizFilings isn’t exactly a company that thrives off their customer feedback either, mostly because they barely have any reviews available. We were only able to find three total reviews of their services, although they are all positive. Overall, this category is an advantage for BizFilings simply because they don’t have the volume of negative feedback that Incorporate.com has.
Ease of Use
Incorporate.com and BizFilings both offer services that are easy to leverage, and can save you a tremendous amount of time and effort compared to the DIY route. They both also have well-built websites that are easy to navigate. Overall, they both have high ease of use, and this category is a toss-up.
The LLC Formation Service for You?
Incorporate.com and BizFilings are reputable LLC formation service providers with plenty of experience, and we think that no matter which one you choose, you’ll be quite pleased with the service you receive.
However, we understand that some of you may still be undecided, so to close out this comparison guide, we’d like to quickly touch on a few of the main reasons that customers choose one over the other. Regardless of which service provider you choose to form your LLC, we wish you the best of luck in your business future!
Choose Incorporate.com if You Are:
Do you prefer to use a service provider that has incredible longevity? Perhaps you want expedited service without an additional surcharge? If so, Incorporate.com should be a good fit.
Choose BizFilings if You Are:
Are you seeking a company that doesn’t have a history of negative customer feedback? Do you want affordable registered agent service bundled with your formation? These are a couple of great reasons to go with BizFilings.