InCorp vs IncFile (Which is Better?)
Are you in the process of forming a new LLC, but you don’t know where to turn for assistance?
This InCorp vs IncFile LLC service comparison is structured in a way that gives you a clear view of each company’s strengths and weaknesses. Our hope is that this information makes your decision a bit easier. Let’s find out which one’s right for you.
* Quick Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: Both of these companies can form your business while still being affordable services. InCorp and IncFile are capable of saving you hundreds of dollars over hiring a lawyer to draft and file your articles of organization.
2) Customer Service: Saving money is great, but you don’t want to form your LLC all on your own. IncFile and InCorp have extensive customer service networks that are staffed by knowledgeable professionals. They can answer your tough questions quickly, leaving you more time to focus on developing your business.
3) Experienced: InCorp and IncFile have long track records of successful business services. They’ve each helped form thousands of companies, and they’re both legitimate operations that you can trust to form your LLC correctly.
4) Customer Reviews: If you prefer to read customer feedback before spending your hard-earned money, InCorp and IncFile have hundreds of reviews across the web. In addition, both companies earn high praise from the majority of their clients.
5) Rush Filings: Are you in a hurry to get your LLC formed? No problem! IncFile and InCorp both offer expedited processing options (for an extra cost, of course) that can cut down your turnaround times from weeks to just a couple days in some states.
6) Additional Services: Will your company require any ongoing compliance tools or additional business services along with your formation? InCorp and IncFile have dozens of other business solutions, from registered agent service to federal tax ID numbers (EIN) and much more.
7) Security: Online security is always a concern, but these companies both take meaningful steps to protect you. InCorp safeguards their site with McAfee Secure, and IncFile uses Norton Web Security. Both sites are protected from malware and encrypt all data transfers.
Side by Side Comparisons
InCorp starts their LLC service at $99 (plus state fee), while IncFile can form your new LLC for just $49.
InCorp’s formation package only includes the bare essentials, like a business name availability check and the preparation and filing of your formation documents. IncFile adds a full year of registered agent service and a business tax consultation.
InCorp has served over 125,000 clients since they opened in 1998. On a similar level, IncFile opened for business in 2004 and they’ve helped form 150,000+ businesses.
For the most part, IncFile and InCorp both have very good customer service departments. One area where they differ is in their hours of operation: IncFile is available from 10am to 7pm ET on weekdays, but InCorp is open a bit longer, from 9am-9pm ET Monday through Friday. Additionally, it’s a bit easier to get in touch with InCorp’s reps, as I have personally experienced wait times of 24+ hours to get a response from IncFile.
Both InCorp and IncFile have turnarounds that vary based on the state you want to form an LLC in. It seems that in most states, their processing times are quite similar. I doubt many of you will be swayed one way or the other based on turnaround times.
IncFile has a handy real-time order status tracking tool on their website that shows you exactly what step your formation is currently in at all times. InCorp doesn’t have anything quite that fancy for order tracking, but they do keep your status updated on their website.
Registered Agent Service
InCorp’s calling card is their excellent rate on registered agent service. Their base rate of $99 is the same as IncFile’s price point, but InCorp offers volume discounts that can save you lots of money. If you pre-pay 2 years it’s $89.10 per year, 3 years is $80.52/year, 4 years is $73.06/year and 5 years is $66.56/year. Keep in mind though that IncFile includes a full year of registered agent with any formation package, whereas InCorp does not. (What is a registered agent?)
When it comes to customer feedback, both of these companies truly excel. IncFile does have a higher volume of reviews, with a couple thousand reviews compared to a couple hundred like InCorp has, but the average rating scores for both providers are similarly fantastic.
Ease of Use
Both of these companies will make the formation process much easier than going the DIY route. All you’ll need to do in most cases is provide them with some basic information about your company, and they’ll handle the rest. I do prefer IncFile’s website over InCorp’s, as it is a bit more convenient to use, but it’s a minor personal preference.
Which Is Right For You?
InCorp and IncFile are both capable and worthy of forming your new LLC. They’re highly experienced companies that can save you a significant sum over hiring a traditional law firm to handle your formation.
Still, some of you may remain undecided, so let’s wrap up this comparaison by outlining a couple of scenarios that might sway your opinion one way or the other. Either way, we wish you the best of luck with your new LLC!
Choose InCorp: If you’re looking for the best prices on registered agent service, or if you place a high value on their extended customer support hours, InCorp is a good choice to form your LLC.
Choose IncFile: If you would prefer to save money on your actual LLC formation, rather than on registered agent. Perhaps you trust their high volume of excellent customer feedback? IncFile is always highly recommended for anyone looking to form an LLC.