InCorp vs IncFile (Which is Better to Form an LLC?)
Are you in the process of forming a new LLC, but you don’t know where to turn for assistance? Companies like InCorp and IncFile can help you form an LLC at a reasonable price, but how do you discern which one has your best interests in mind?
This InCorp vs IncFile LLC service comparison is structured in a way that gives you a clear view of each company’s strengths and weaknesses. Our hope is that this information makes your decision a bit easier. Let’s find out which one’s right for you.
* Quick Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
We’re big fans of what both of these companies have to offer LLC formation customers, and we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend either of them. Still, IncFile does have some advantages that make them our preference in most cases.
First and foremost, IncFile’s pricing starts at just $49 compared to InCorp’s $99 price point. That said, IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service with any LLC formation package, a feature you’ll need to pay extra for with InCorp.
Would you like to dive into the details a bit more before you make your decision? Read on to find all the information you need to make the right choice for your business!
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: Both of these companies can form your business without costing you an arm and a leg. InCorp and IncFile are capable of saving you hundreds of dollars over hiring a lawyer to draft and file your articles of organization.
2) Customer Service: Saving money is great, but you don’t want to form your LLC all on your own. IncFile and InCorp have extensive customer service networks that are staffed by knowledgeable professionals. They can answer your tough questions quickly, leaving you more time to focus on developing your business.
3) Experience: InCorp and IncFile have long track records of successful business services. They’ve each helped form thousands of companies, and they’re both legitimate operations that you can trust to form your LLC correctly.
4) Customer Reviews: If you prefer to read customer feedback before spending your hard-earned money, InCorp and IncFile have hundreds of reviews across the web. In addition, both companies earn high praise from the majority of their clients.
5) Rush Filings: Are you in a hurry to get your LLC formed? No problem! IncFile and InCorp both offer expedited processing options (for an extra cost, of course) that can cut down your turnaround times from weeks to just a couple days in some states.
6) Additional Services: Will your company require any ongoing compliance tools or additional business services along with your formation? InCorp and IncFile have dozens of other business solutions, from registered agent service to federal tax ID numbers (EIN) and much more.
7) Security: Online security is always a concern, but these companies both take meaningful steps to protect you. InCorp safeguards their site with McAfee Secure, and IncFile uses Norton Web Security. Both sites are protected from malware and encrypt all data transfers.
Side by Side Comparisons
InCorp starts their LLC service at $99 (plus state fee), while IncFile can form your new LLC for just $49.
InCorp’s formation package only includes the bare essentials, like a business name availability check and the preparation and filing of your formation documents.
IncFile’s base-level formation package adds a full year of registered agent service. Every LLC in America is required to designate a registered agent to receive your company’s important legal documents and forward them to you. Not only does IncFile add registered agent, but they’ll also throw in lifetime company alerts to inform you of upcoming filing deadlines, along with a 30-minute no-obligation business tax consultation.
InCorp has served over 125,000 clients since they opened in 1998. On a similar level, IncFile opened for business in 2004 and they’ve helped form 150,000+ businesses.
For the most part, IncFile and InCorp both have very good customer service departments. One area where they differ is in their hours of operation: IncFile is available from 10am to 7pm ET on weekdays, but InCorp is open for an extra hour per day, from 9am-9pm ET Monday through Friday.
Additionally, it’s a bit easier to get in touch with InCorp’s reps, as we have personally experienced wait times of 24+ hours to get a response from IncFile.
Both InCorp and IncFile have turnarounds that vary based on the state you want to form an LLC in. In most states, their processing times are quite similar. Both of these service providers also provide expedited service if you’re in a hurry to form your new LLC.
IncFile has a handy real-time order status tracking tool on their website that shows you exactly what step your formation is currently in at all times. InCorp doesn’t have anything quite that fancy for order tracking, but they do keep your status updated on their website.
Registered Agent Service
InCorp’s calling card is their excellent rate on registered agent service. Their base rate of $99 is $20 lower than IncFile’s $119 price point, and InCorp offers volume discounts on top of that, which can save you lots of money. If you pre-pay two years it’s $89.10 per year, three years is $80.52/year, four years is $73.06/year and five years is $66.56/year.
Keep in mind though that IncFile includes a full year of registered agent with any formation package, so their up-front costs are considerably lower than InCorp, seeing as InCorp does not include registered agent service in a bundle with LLC formation. (What is a registered agent?)
When it comes to customer feedback scores, both of these companies truly excel. IncFile and InCorp both receive consistently high average rating scores on third-party review websites.
The big difference between these two services is in the volume of reviews. Whereas IncFile has thousands of reviews maintaining their impressive average scores, InCorp has just over 100 reviews available online, so their sample size is much smaller.
Ease of Use
Both of these companies make the formation process much easier than going the DIY route. All you’ll need to do in most cases is provide them with some basic information about your company, and they’ll handle the rest.
We do prefer IncFile’s website over InCorp’s, as it is more convenient to use, but it’s a relatively minor personal preference that doesn’t significantly affect functionality.
Which is the Best LLC Company for You?
InCorp and IncFile are both capable and worthy of forming your new LLC. They’re highly experienced companies that can save you a significant sum over hiring a traditional law firm to handle your formation.
Still, some of you may remain undecided, so let’s wrap up this comparison by outlining a couple of scenarios that might sway your opinion one way or the other. Either way, we wish you the best of luck with your new LLC!
Choose InCorp if:
If you’re looking for great rates on ongoing registered agent service, or if you place a high value on their extended customer support hours, InCorp is a good choice to form your LLC.
Choose IncFile if:
If you prefer to save money up-front instead of in the long run? Perhaps you place a high level of trust in a large volume of excellent customer feedback? IncFile is always highly recommended for these reasons, and they’re a fine choice for anyone looking to form an LLC.