InCorp LLC Service Review (Advantages, Disadvantages & More)
With over 20 years of experience providing business services, InCorp currently serves over 125,000 active clients around the world. The LLC formation industry is a crowded one, but InCorp consistently finds a way to remain relevant despite heavy competition.
With this InCorp LLC service review, we’ll discuss the key factors that should help you make your decision whether to use their services or not.
Advantages & Disadvantages
Advantages of InCorp:
– Looking to add registered agent service from InCorp? While their LLC formation might not be the best value around (more on that in a moment), their great rates for registered agent make up for it. They have volume discounts that can drive the price all the way down to $67 per year. Not many competitors can match that low price.
– If you place a high value on customer feedback, InCorp will likely appeal to you. Most of their online customer reviews are positive in nature, reflecting a satisfied client base.
– InCorp’s price match guarantee ensures that they’ll not only match competitors’ prices on similar products and services, they’ll go a step further and beat those rates.
Disadvantages of InCorp:
– That price match feature might come in handy, because it’s very easy to find lower prices. At $99, their LLC formation package is a no-frills offering that only provides the basics. For example, other services’ $49 base rate is a significant savings over InCorp.
– Along those same lines, InCorp doesn’t bundle any additional features into LLC formation packages. While their a la carte method ensures no customer receives unnecessary services, a smartly bundled package can provide tremendous value.
InCorp LLC Formation Packages
Unlike many competitors who offer several levels of LLC service, InCorp has a base rate of $99 across the board for any LLC formation. If you would like to take a look at how they advertise this service, we encourage you to check out their own website.
LLC Formation Service = $99 + State Fee + Shipping
– Preparation and Filing of Articles of Organization: The articles of organization are crucial to any LLC formation because these are the documents filed with your state to officially create your new company. InCorp will draft these forms, then file them with your state of formation.
– Name Availability Search: To ensure that your desired business name is still available, InCorp will search your state’s official business database to make sure your LLC name isn’t already claimed.
A La Carte Features
InCorp has a number of add-on features available on an a la carte basis, so let’s take a closer look at what they have to offer.
– Registered Agent: Receiving and forwarding important government documents is InCorp’s signature service, and they have lower rates than most competitors. Take a look at how their volume discounts can affect your bottom line:
– 1 Year: $99/year
– 2 Years: $89.10/year
– 3 Years: $80.52/year
– 4 Years: $73.06/year
– 5+ Years: $66.56/year
– LLC Kit & Seal ($69 plus $18-24 shipping): Many years ago, a wax seal embossed with your company name was the primary means of authenticating important business documents. If you like the idea of having a decorative seal and a custom binder for your company documents, you can acquire one from InCorp.
– Certificates of Good Standing ($35 plus state fee): These forms indicate that your company is currently compliant with state regulations, and are sometimes required for banking transactions, loan acquisitions, potential partnerships, etc.
– “Limited Liability Companies for Dummies” Book ($24.99): A comprehensive guide to all things LLC, this book contains a number of tips and tricks for every step of the LLC life cycle.
– Federal Tax ID or EIN Obtainment ($69): This enables your company to hire employees, open business banking accounts, file taxes, etc. Think of it as a Social Security Number for your company.
– Prepare IRS Form SS-4 ($35): This is the tax form that goes along with the EIN. You can fill it out yourself, but if you’d rather not this option is for you.
– Domestic Mail Forwarding ($195/year): As opposed to registered agent service where they only receive and forward your government documents, with this option InCorp will receive all of your business mail and forward it to you.
InCorp Customer Reviews
We were able to track down a total of 135 reviews for InCorp, split roughly evenly between BBB.org and Google. The majority of these reviews are positive in nature, so it’s clear that InCorp is popular with their customers. If you want to get a better feel for what the InCorp customer experience is like, we recommend you spend a few minutes looking over their reviews for yourself.
In general, their clients discuss how pleased they are with the speed of InCorp’s services, as well as the assistance they receive from their support reps. For us, customer feedback is a point in InCorp’s favor.
– Better Business Bureau: 4.3 out of 5 stars (73 reviews)
– Google: 4.3 out of 5 stars (62 reviews)
Are There InCorp Alternatives?
We believe that InCorp is a strong option when it comes to online LLC formation service. However, there are so many companies offering similar services these days that if InCorp doesn’t feel like the right choice to you, we might be able to find a better fit for your business.
For example, our favorite InCorp alternative is IncFile. With IncFile, you can acquire LLC service for as little as $49, a price point which includes a full year of registered agent service.
Overall, these are both good companies with strong reputations.
Is InCorp Right For You?
InCorp is a solid company offering LLC formation service, with great customer feedback and strong rates on registered agent service. Still, seeing as no two companies are exactly alike, they’re not going to be the perfect answer for every company. With that in mind, let’s review some scenarios where their services may or may not appeal to you.
When to Use InCorp:
If you want a provider that balances competitive pricing — especially if you want registered agent service with your LLC formation — and good customer reviews, InCorp should be a nice fit for your business.
When NOT to Use InCorp:
There are some competitors who can save you money by bundling services together. If you want a cheaper option, consider an alternative LLC website.
They might not be the cheapest, and they don’t have the widest array of features, but InCorp has plenty of important factors in their favor. They’re a reliable option for your LLC formation.
Frequently Asked InCorp Questions
Does InCorp Offer Any Discounts?
While InCorp doesn’t provide any discounts on their LLC service, they do offer impressive volume discounts if you purchase registered agent service and you’re willing to prepay multiple years in advance.
Does InCorp Have Good Customer Support?
They really do. InCorp doesn’t outsource their customer service to a massive call center like some of their competitors do. Instead, whenever you call them, you’ll speak to a knowledgeable professional who’s located at their Las Vegas office. In addition, they offer extended support hours (9am-9pm ET M-F) and Spanish-language support.
Do They Have a Refund Policy?
If you request a refund within 60 days, InCorp will provide your refund less a $29 fee in most circumstances.
Can I Form an LLC on My Own?
You certainly do have this option, and many entrepreneurs do indeed DIY their LLC formations. However, we would caution that because each state has its own rules and regulations for LLCs, there can be a considerable amount of research and paperwork involved. On the other side of the coin, some people hire lawyers to form their LLCs, but this option is much more expensive than using an online LLC service.