InCorp LLC Service Alternatives
Are you entering the LLC formation process, and you’d like to know if InCorp is the best choice to assist you? Considering how many companies offer LLC service these days, picking the right provider to help form your LLC can be tough.
This InCorp LLC service alternatives guide compares their services to those of some of their top competitors. Is InCorp your best choice, or can one of these other providers better assist your company? Let’s find out.
Since IncFile formed in 2004, they’ve helped form over 150,000 companies. They’re known for combining low prices and fully featured service packages, which makes them an appealing option for all entrepreneurs. How do they stack up next to InCorp?
- IncFile’s base rate for LLC service is $49 (plus state fee), which clearly beats InCorp’s pricing. Furthermore, IncFile includes a full year of registered agent service and a business tax consultation with any LLC formation purchase. Beyond the basic package, IncFile Gold is a great bargain, as it costs $149 and includes a personalized operating agreement and a federal tax ID number (EIN). (What is a registered agent?)
- Some states have additional compliance requirements like filing initial reports or publishing proof of your formation in a newspaper. IncFile does a good job of informing you whether you need to complete any further items to form a compliant LLC, whereas many LLC service providers won’t even tell you that you have steps remaining.
- While InCorp does get strong reviews, they don’t have nearly the volume of feedback that IncFile has. InCorp has over 100 reviews, but IncFile has 2,000+, and it’s difficult to find much negative feedback about either company.
Overall, it’s tough to find many faults with IncFile’s well-rounded LLC formation service. Still, each of these companies has their own set of advantages, so let’s see how the others compare.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
LegalZoom’s claim to fame is their huge experience track record. They have over 4 million customers served — with about half of those being business clients — since they formed in 1999. Do they compare favorably in other areas as well?
- With a price point of $79, LegalZoom, when you look across all packages, ends up being the most expensive option we’re discussing in this comparison guide. Also, none of their LLC formation packages include registered agent or an EIN.
- Even though you’ll almost certainly need to purchase additional features to complete your compliant formation, their base package is still fairly affordable.
- Their extended customer support hours are unrivaled by any other company in this industry. LegalZoom’s service reps are available from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays, and they’re even open on weekends from 10am to 7pm ET.
Additionally, LegalZoom offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee which is quite similar to the one offered by MyCompanyWorks. LegalZoom doesn’t have the best prices or the most complete feature sets, but they still have a set of advantages that makes them a worthy option for LLC service.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
MyCompanyWorks (formerly MyNewCompany) is a smaller company than InCorp. With 50,000+ businesses served since they formed in 2001, they still have quite a bit of experience while maintaining the ability to provide a personal touch.
- Their formation service starts at $79 plus state fee, which puts them in between InCorp and IncFile on the pricing scale. If you want registered agent and an EIN, they have a formation package offering all these features bundled together for $279.
- MyCompanyWorks backs all of their products and services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re unhappy with their LLC service for any reason, all you need to do to get a refund is ask. It’s a nice safety net that removes the risk from your purchase.
- One major advantage they have over their competitors is their highly responsive service department. If you contact them via phone or email during business hours, they almost always respond to your message within 20 minutes.
Finally, they also offer a handy LLC formation checklist which enables you to track your progress through the formation process. You’ll never miss an important compliance deadline as long as you follow each step of your checklist.
Want to learn more about MyCompanyWorks? Read our review.
No matter which one of these LLC websites you choose to help form your business, you’ll save hundreds of dollars over hiring a lawyer to draft and file your formation papers. With their long track records, any of these 4 companies is able to help you form a compliant company.
Depending on how you value certain characteristics, your preference may be different than mine is. Generally speaking, IncFile has the best prices for LLC service, while InCorp has them beat for registered agent price points. It’s incredibly easy to get ahold of MyCompanyWorks’ support team, and LegalZoom has unrivaled brand power.
In my opinion, IncFile is the best option for most entrepreneurs. They have the lowest prices, and pair those great rates with fully featured LLC service packages that give your new business everything it needs to be compliant from day one.