IncNow vs LegalZoom (Which is Better?)
Are you in the process of starting an LLC online, but you don’t want to go it alone? Fortunately, that’s the whole reason companies like IncNow and LegalZoom exist, as they can help you with the tricky details of your formation. But how do you figure out which one you should use?
In this IncNow vs LegalZoom comparison, you’ll find info on their main common points and differentiators laid out in a convenient fashion, which should help make your decision easier.
* Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
With IncNow and LegalZoom, we’re discussing two of the top options for online LLC formation service. They’re both excellent choices, and we think you’ll be quite pleased no matter which one you choose. Our preference in this comparison really comes down to which state you’re forming your LLC in.
If you’re forming a new LLC in Delaware, IncNow is an easy choice. Their prices are considerably lower, and their customer reviews are very strong. However, if you’re forming an LLC in any other state, LegalZoom is the obvious option because IncNow solely forms companies in Delaware.
Do you need some more information before making your choice? Read on to discover all the details that these services have in common, as well as the ones that set them apart.
6 Things They Have In Common
– Affordable: Are you operating on a tight budget where every penny counts? IncNow and LegalZoom can save you a tremendous amount of money over hiring a lawyer. Furthermore, since many LLCs are not terribly complex business structures, you may not need an attorney to draft and file your formation documents in the first place.
– Customer Support: Not only will you save hundreds of dollars, but you’ll also be able to take advantage of their customer service departments. Any time you have a question, you can simply call or email your LLC service provider instead of wasting time digging around for the answers yourself.
– Experience: Experience is the name of the game, and both of these companies have plenty of it. IncNow and LegalZoom both have thousands of satisfied customers over the years, ensuring you’ll receive professional assistance at a fair price.
– Efficiency: Is time of the essence for your LLC formation? There’s no need to worry, as these providers can expedite your order to make sure your company is formed quickly. IncNow offers next business day turnarounds, while LegalZoom can have your formation done in as little as a week.
– Additional Services: Are there other business services needed by your company? Whether you require registered agent, a federal tax ID number (EIN), or many other business solutions, IncNow and LegalZoom are one-stop shops for your company’s compliance requirements.
– Security: Both of these companies use Norton Web Security to protect their sites. With Norton continuously scanning for malware and encrypting data transmissions, you can rest easy knowing that your online security is a priority.
Side by Side Comparisons
With prices that start at $99 plus state fee, IncNow significantly undercuts LegalZoom’s $149 price point. In addition, if you live in Delaware and would like to serve as your own registered agent, IncNow can form your LLC for as little as $9. That’s easily the lowest rate of any LLC formation service we’re aware of.
The biggest difference between these providers is the fact that IncNow only forms LLCs in Delaware, whereas LegalZoom forms businesses in all 50 states. Aside from that, IncNow’s $99 price point includes a full year of registered agent service, whereas LegalZoom doesn’t include this feature in any of their LLC packages. However, LegalZoom does provide a banking resolution which can help you acquire business checking and savings accounts.
IncNow has been providing business services for a long time, as they’ve served thousands of businesses since they opened in 1974. While IncNow has the longevity advantage, they can’t touch LegalZoom’s customer volume, as they’ve helped over 2 million business clients since 1999.
IncNow has standard 9am-5pm ET weekday support hours, but their excellent customer service is more than just a standard offering. Their customers rave about their helpful support reps, and in our own experience they are certainly both friendly and highly professional.
As for LegalZoom, it’s a bit more of a mixed bag. Some of their support agents are excellent, but they’re such a huge company that it’s no surprise to see some inconsistency. The more reps you hire, the higher the chance that some of them aren’t exactly top-notch. Their extended service hours are great though, as they’re open from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays and 10am to 7pm ET on weekends.
IncNow has some fast turnarounds, as they can form your Delaware LLC with a one-day processing time if you order rush service. Without expedited service, IncNow takes about 4-6 business days, which is still quite fast.
LegalZoom’s turnarounds aren’t based on your state of formation, but rather on your LLC service package. Their cheapest package is Economy with a 30 business day turnaround, followed by Standard (15 days), and the top-shelf Express Gold (7-10).
LegalZoom has a simple yet effective online order status check tool. Just log into your account on their website to see where you stand in the formation process. IncNow sends order confirmation emails, but if you want to check on your order status beyond that, you’ll have to contact them.
Registered Agent Service
IncNow charges $90 per year as a flat rate for registered agent, and they bundle your first year into any formation package free of charge. If you want registered agent service from LegalZoom it will cost you $159 per year, and they do not include this service in their LLC formations. (What is a Registered Agent?)
The quantity of reviews is roughly equal between IncNow and LegalZoom, as each company has hundreds of reviews that you can find online.
The quality of those reviews is where you see a big difference, as IncNow has overwhelmingly positive reviews but LegalZoom does not. The feedback for LegalZoom is mixed between positive and critical, with hundreds of customers on either side of that fence.
IncNow and LegalZoom are among the top LLC services available online, with the knowhow and professionalism you need to form your new company. If you’re still undecided, let’s finish by walking through some situations that may make one or the other service more appealing to you.
Choose IncNow if You Are:
Are you forming an LLC in Delaware? IncNow specializes in Delaware LLCs, with a high degree of expertise when it comes to formations in that state.
Choose LegalZoom if You Are:
Are you forming an LLC in any state other than Delaware? LegalZoom has loads of experience forming companies in all 50 states. They also have tremendous brand power and a customer volume that’s truly impressive.