IncNow vs LegalZoom (Which is Better?)
Are you in the process of forming an LLC, but you don’t want to go it alone?
In this IncNow vs LegalZoom comparison, you’ll find info on their main common points and differentiators laid out in a convenient fashion, which should help make your decision easier.
* Quick Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
7 Things They Have In Common
- Are you operating on a tight budget where every penny counts? IncNow and LegalZoom can save you a tremendous amount of money over hiring a lawyer. Furthermore, since many LLCs are not terribly complex business structures, you may not need an attorney to draft and file your formation documents in the first place.
- Not only will you save hundreds of dollars, but you’ll also be able to take advantage of their customer service departments. Any time you have a question, you can simply call or email your LLC service provider instead of wasting time digging around for the answers yourself.
- Experience is the name of the game, and both of these companies have plenty of it. IncNow and LegalZoom each has thousands of satisfied customers over the years, ensuring you’ll receive professional assistance at a fair price.
- Is time of the essence for your LLC formation? There’s no need to worry, as these providers can expedite your order to make sure your company is formed quickly. IncNow offers next business day turnarounds, while LegalZoom can have your formation done in as little as a week.
- Do you need to read reviews before making a purchase? LegalZoom and IncNow both have hundreds of customer reviews all across the web, making it easy to get a grasp on what their customer experience is like.
- Are there other business services needed by your company? Whether you need registered agent, a federal tax ID number (EIN) or many other business solutions, IncNow and LegalZoom are one-stop shops for your company’s compliance requirements.
- Both of these companies use Norton Web Security to protect their sites. With Norton continuously scanning for malware and encrypting data transmissions, you can rest easy knowing that your online security is a priority.
Side by Side Comparisons
With prices that start at $99 plus state fee, IncNow is a little more expensive than LegalZoom’s base rate of $79.
IncNow has been providing business services for a long time, as they’ve served thousands of businesses since they opened in 1974. While IncNow has the longevity advantage, they can’t touch LegalZoom’s customer volume, as they’ve helped nearly 4 million customers — with about half of those being business clients — since 1999.
IncNow has standard 9am-5pm ET weekday support hours, but their excellent customer service is more than just a standard offering. Their customers rave about their helpful support reps, and in my own experience they are certainly both friendly and highly professional.
As for LegalZoom, it’s a bit more of a mixed bag. Some of their support agents are excellent, but they’re such a huge company that it’s no surprise to see some inconsistency. The more reps you hire, the higher the chance that some of them aren’t exactly top-notch. Their extended service hours are great though, as they’re open from 8am to 10pm ET on weekdays and 10am to 7pm ET on weekends.
IncNow has some fast turnarounds, as they can form your Delaware LLC with a one-day processing time if you order rush service. Without expedited service, IncNow takes about 4-6 business days, which is still quite fast.
LegalZoom’s turnarounds aren’t based on your state of formation, but rather on your LLC service package. Their cheapest package is Economy with a 30 business day turnaround, followed by Standard (15 days) and the top-shelf Express Gold (7-10).
LegalZoom has a simple yet effective online order status check tool. Just log in to your account on their website to see where you stand in the formation process. IncNow sends order confirmation emails, but if you want to check on your order status beyond that, you’ll have to contact them.
Registered Agent Service
IncNow charges $90 per year as a flat rate for registered agent, and they bundle your first year into any formation package free of charge. If you want registered agent service from LegalZoom it will cost you $159 per year, and they do not include this service in their LLC formations. (What is a Registered Agent?)
The quantity of reviews is roughly equal between IncNow and LegalZoom, as each company has hundreds of reviews that you can find online.
The quality of those reviews is where you see a big difference, as IncNow has overwhelmingly positive reviews but LegalZoom does not. The feedback for LegalZoom is mixed between positive and critical, with hundreds of customers on either side of that fence.
IncNow and LegalZoom are among the top LLC services available online, with the knowhow and professionalism you need to form your new company. If you’re still undecided, let’s finish by walking through some situations that may make one or the other service more appealing to you.
Choose IncNow if You Are:
Are you forming an LLC in Delaware? IncNow specializes in Delaware LLCs, with a high degree of expertise when it comes to formations in that state.
Choose LegalZoom if You Are:
Are you forming an LLC in any state other than Delaware? LegalZoom has loads of experience forming companies in all 50 states. They also have tremendous brand power and a customer volume that’s truly impressive.