IncFast vs LegalZoom (Who’s Right For You?)
Are you in the process of forming an LLC, but you aren’t sure where to turn for assistance? That’s why services like Incorporate Fast Inc and LegalZoom exist, to help you navigate the entire formation process and beyond. But how are you supposed to figure out which one is the right pick?
In this IncFast vs LegalZoom comparison, I’ll lay out all the details on the main commonalities and differences between these providers. By the time you finish reading, you’ll have a better idea of what each company has to offer.
* Quick Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
7 Things They Have In Common
- Are you looking to save money? Who isn’t! Either of these companies can form an LLC for hundreds of dollars less than you would pay to have a lawyer draft and file your formation documents.
- While these providers can both save you lots of money, you aren’t left to go it alone either. IncFast and LegalZoom have extensive customer support networks, meaning you’ll never have to wait long to get your tough questions answered.
- Both of these companies are highly experienced in the LLC services industry. With thousands of customers served, you can rely on LegalZoom and IncFast to get the job done quickly and accurately.
- If you foresee requiring more than just formation service, IncFast and LegalZoom both offer a wide variety of services. From registered agent to federal tax ID (EIN) obtainment, they can help you with many business solutions.
- These providers pride themselves on maintaining high standards for your online security. LegalZoom uses Norton Web Security to protect their site from malware and encrypt data transmissions, while IncFast provides (in their own words) “the most private business filings” available.
- Whether you see yourself becoming a client or not, both IncFast and LegalZoom provide a wealth of valuable information on their websites. If you want to know more about formations, ongoing compliance issues, etc., you’re just a couple of clicks away from finding out everything you need to know.
- In a hurry? No worry! IncFast lives up to their name with turnaround times that are among the industry’s quickest, while LegalZoom’s premium service package also gets your order expedited.
Side by Side Comparisons
IncFast starts their LLC formation pricing at $99 plus state fee, $20 more compared to LegalZoom’s base rate of $79.
With IncFast, every LLC formation customer gets a full year of registered agent service to receive your important legal documents and forward them to you. LegalZoom charges an extra $159/year for this. Aside from registered agent services, both LLC providers allow you to add-on additional features by choosing more premium packages.
IncFast is a mid-sized company, and they have plenty of experience to be reliable and trustworthy. They opened in 2002, and they’ve helped form 27,000+ companies since then. LegalZoom is on a different level as one of the industry giants. They’ve served around 2 million businesses — and another 2 million individuals on top of that — since they formed in 1999.
For reasons we’ll get to momentarily, I don’t have any customer experiences other than my own to evaluate IncFast’s support system. In my experience, their reps are helpful and polite, and they’re available from 11am to 8pm ET Monday through Friday.
Being such a large company, LegalZoom’s customer support is a bit hit or miss. Many of their reps are friendly and knowledgeable, but because they have so many of them that isn’t necessarily the case across the board. While their service is somewhat inconsistent, one thing about their support that is consistently great is the extended hours of operation. They’re open from 8am-10pm ET on weekdays and 10am-7pm ET on weekends.
IncFast has quick processing times that are tough to top. One of the things I appreciate most about them is the real-time turnaround estimate tool on their website. Depending on your state of formation, they have estimates right down to the minute. Their turnaround times are as quick as 24 hours in some states, but can take 5-6 weeks in some others.
LegalZoom has their own spin on processing times, based on which formation package you purchase rather than on your state. Their basic Economy package is the slowest (30 business days), while the mid-tier Standard package is a bit faster (15 days) and the top-shelf Express Gold is the fastest (7-10).
LegalZoom and IncFast both have simple order tracking tools available in your company’s user profile on their websites. They do a fine job of keeping you apprised of your status, as long as you remember to check it.
Registered Agent Service
IncFast includes a year of registered agent service at no extra charge when you purchase any formation package. Normally, their rate is $125 per year. LegalZoom does not include registered agent with LLC service, and their standard price is an annual fee of $159. (What is a Registered Agent?)
Despite the fact that they’ve formed over 27,000 businesses since 2002, I was unable to find even one customer review for IncFast’s services. It’s not necessarily a deal-breaker, as it is a good thing that they haven’t upset anyone enough to write a negative review in all those years, but it’s unusual to not find any positive ones either.
On the other hand, LegalZoom has plenty of reviews to be found, as there’s hundreds of them across the web. Their problem is that there is quite a bit of critical feedback in there. In fact, it appears that their customer reviews are split roughly equally between positive and negative.
All told, it’s unlikely customer reviews will play a major part in your decision between these two providers.
Ease of Use
With their slick, professional website, LegalZoom has an advantage in this area. It’s not that IncFast’s services are difficult to use, but their site doesn’t always do a good job of explaining what certain features are. There’s some vagueness to it, and the website feels a bit dated in areas as well.
IncFast and LegalZoom are among the top online LLC services available, as they’re both reliable and trustworthy options. I understand though that not all of you have made up your minds yet, so let’s finish this comparison by discussing scenarios that may sway you one direction or the other. Whichever path you choose for your LLC formation journey, we wish you nothing but the best of luck!
Choose IncFast if You Are:
Concerned about speed? IncFast has some of the quickest filing times in the industry. Additionally, their prices are a bit lower than LegalZoom’s, even though IncFast includes registered agent with your formation package.
Choose LegalZoom if You Are:
Do you prioritize things like brand power and corporate reach? How about customer volume and experience? If this sounds like you, LegalZoom might be your best bet as they excel in these areas.