Harvard Business Services Alternatives (Top 3 Options)
Do you need to form an LLC online, but you’re not sure whether Harvard Business Services is the right choice to assist you with LLC service? There are many companies offering formation services online, and it can be difficult to figure out which one will be the best fit for your specific business.
Harvard Business Services is a good option to help you form your Delaware LLC (keep in mind that they don’t offer formation in other states). Their biggest advantage is their reasonable registered agent service, which costs just $50 annually, and they offer a full year of registered agent for free with any formation package.
They also boast great customer reviews, with over a thousand reviews available online and hardly any negative feedback to be found. However, their pricing starts at $179 for LLC formation service, which isn’t exactly a low rate.
This Harvard Business Services LLC service alternatives guide takes a look at how they compare side-by-side with 3 of their top competitors. Which one is the right pick for your company?
IncFile is a highly popular option for LLC service, as they’ve helped 150,000+ customers since opening in 2004. They have appealing service packages because they mix great prices with complete feature sets. How do they stack up next to Harvard Business Services?
- IncFile’s pricing starts at just $49 (plus state fee), which can obviously save you quite a bit of money compared to the $179 rate of Harvard Business Services.
- One major similarity to Harvard Business Services is that IncFile offers a full year of registered agent service with any formation package. If you also want a federal tax ID number (EIN), you can get IncFile’s Gold package for $149. With Harvard Business Services, this combination of features (formation, registered agent, EIN) costs $244.
- Another area where IncFile overlaps with Harvard Business Services is great customer feedback. IncFile has well over 2,000 reviews online, and nearly all of them are really positive in nature.
The only issue I’ve ever had with IncFile is that their customer support isn’t always easy to get ahold of, as I’ve personally experienced wait times over 24 hours. Their support agents are quite helpful once you reach them though.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
CorpNet’s ownership group has served over 100,000 clients since 1997, putting them on equal footing with IncFile when it comes to experience. Let’s see how they compare to Harvard Business Services.
- CorpNet charges $108 (plus state fee) for basic LLC formation service, which puts them in between Harvard Business Services ($179) and IncFile ($49).
- If you want registered agent service and an EIN with your formation, CorpNet offers this combination of features for $228. This price point is closer to Harvard Business Services ($244) than it is to IncFile ($149).
- CorpNet has a 100% satisfaction guarantee backing all of their services. If you’re less than entirely satisfied for any reason, all you have to do to get a refund of their service fees is ask.
CorpNet doesn’t have thousands of reviews like Harvard Business Services and IncFile, but their feedback is just as positive. Overall, I really like everything about what CorpNet has to offer for LLC service, but their pricing can’t match IncFile.
Want to learn more about CorpNet? Read our review.
LegalZoom has a really impressive experience level, as they’ve helped almost 4 million customers since opening in 1999. Let’s find out how they compare to Harvard Business Services in other areas.
- They’re easily the most expensive option in this guide, as they charge $149 (plus state fee) for LLC formation. They do include a personalized operating agreement and a banking resolution with any formation package though.
- Adding registered agent and an EIN isn’t a bargain with LegalZoom either, as combining these features with your formation will cost $387. With the other options in this guide checking in at $149 (IncFile), $228 (CorpNet) and $244 (Harvard Business Services), LegalZoom’s price point is not appealing.
- LegalZoom offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee that’s quite similar to the one CorpNet provides.
- My favorite aspect of LegalZoom’s service is that they have extended customer support hours that are much longer than any other company in this guide. They’re available from 8am to 10pm ET Monday through Friday, and they’re even open on weekends from 10am to 7pm ET.
They don’t get great customer reviews either, with more of a mix between positive and negative feedback than these other choices. Still, LegalZoom’s brand power and convenient customer service hours are a formidable duo of advantages in my book.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
In my opinion, these are all strong choices for LLC formation, with reliable and efficient services. In addition, they’re all going to save you quite a bit of money compared to hiring an attorney to draft and file your formation documents.
All 4 of these service providers have their own sets of advantages and disadvantages in comparison to each other. In general, IncFile’s prices are tough to top, whereas Harvard Business Services has the best deal on registered agent service. LegalZoom has an impressive experience advantage, while CorpNet strikes a nice balance across the board.
I honestly wouldn’t have a problem recommending any of these services, and I think they each appeal to a certain segment of the market. My personal favorite though is IncFile. They have the best prices, and they also have lots of great features and positive customer feedback.