Harvard Business Services Alternatives (Top 3 Options)
Do you need to form an LLC online, but you’re not sure whether Harvard Business Services is the right choice to assist you with LLC service? There are many companies offering formation services online, and it can be difficult to figure out which one will be the best fit for your specific business.
This Harvard Business Services LLC service alternatives guide takes a look at how they compare side-by-side with three of their top competitors. Which one is the right pick for your company?
IncFile is a highly popular option for LLC service, as they’ve helped 150,000+ customers since opening in 2004. They have appealing service packages because they mix great prices with complete feature sets. How do they stack up next to Harvard Business Services?
- IncFile’s pricing starts at just $49 (plus state fee), which can obviously save you quite a bit of money compared to the $89 rate of Harvard Business Services.
- One major similarity to Harvard Business Services is that IncFile offers a full year of registered agent service with any formation package. It is certainly worth noting though that IncFile charges $119 per year for registered agent after your first free year, whereas Harvard Business Services has a super-low rate of just $50 annually.
- Another area where IncFile overlaps with Harvard Business Services is great customer feedback. Both companies have thousands of reviews available, and still manage to maintain very high average rating scores.
One other important note is that Harvard Business Services only forms companies in the state of Delaware. IncFile will form an LLC in any state, as will the other services in this guide.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
Northwest Registered Agent has been around since 1998, and they’ve carved out a nice spot for themselves as a midsize company providing top-notch business services. They have thousands of satisfied customers, but are they a better option than Harvard Business Services?
- With Northwest Registered Agent, you can acquire LLC formation service packages starting at $79, which is a little cheaper than the $89 rate offered by Harvard Business Services.
- Northwest Registered Agent also provides a year of registered agent service with any LLC service package, but they have an advantage in this area that IncFile and Harvard Business Services can’t match. Northwest is the only major service provider that locally scans every document they receive on your behalf as your registered agent ― most other companies will only scan government forms.
- Northwest’s customer support is unrivaled in this industry. They assign one of their highly trained Corporate Guides to each client account, and that person walks you through each step of your formation. If you have any questions, you can call or email that individual directly instead of waiting on hold for someone to answer the phone at an outsourced call center. It’s a huge advantage.
Northwest Registered Agent also receives strong customer feedback (although they only have a few dozen reviews available), and they form LLCs in all 50 states. Overall, they’re a great choice if you prefer to work with a company that has a bit more of a personal touch.
Want to learn more about Northwest Registered Agent? Read our review.
LegalZoom has a really impressive experience level, as they’ve helped about 4 million total customers and formed over 1 million LLCs since opening in 1999. Let’s find out how they compare to Harvard Business Services in other areas.
- They’re easily the most expensive option in this guide, as they charge $149 (plus state fee) for LLC formation, which is obviously much higher than the $89 price point available from Harvard Business Services.
- LegalZoom offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee that’s the best refund policy of any service in this guide. If you’re unhappy for any reason, simply request a refund within 60 days of your purchase, no questions asked.
- Our favorite aspect of LegalZoom’s service is that they have extended customer support hours that are much longer than any other company in this guide. They’re available from 8am to 10pm ET Monday through Friday, and they’re even open on weekends from 10am to 7pm ET. By comparison, Harvard Business Services has standard 9am to 5pm ET weekday operating hours.
They don’t get great customer reviews either, with more of a mix between positive and negative feedback than these other choices. Still, LegalZoom’s brand power and convenient customer service hours are a formidable duo of advantages in our book.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
In our opinion, these are all strong choices for LLC formation, with reliable and efficient services. In addition, they’re all going to save you quite a bit of money compared to hiring an attorney to draft and file your formation documents.
All four of these service providers have their own sets of advantages and disadvantages in comparison to each other. In general, IncFile’s prices are tough to top, whereas Harvard Business Services has the best deal on registered agent service. LegalZoom has an impressive experience advantage, while Northwest Registered Agent has the best customer support. Of course, if you’re not forming a business in Delaware, Harvard Business Services won’t be an option for you.
We honestly wouldn’t have a problem recommending any of these services, and we think they each appeal to a certain segment of the market. Our personal favorite though is IncFile. They have the best prices, and they also have lots of great features and positive customer feedback. No matter which one you choose to help form your LLC, we wish you the best of luck!