Harbor Compliance LLC Service Alternatives (Our Top 3 Picks)
Do you need to form an LLC, but you’re not sure if Harbor Compliance is the best choice for LLC service?
There are many companies offering assistance with the formation process, and choosing the right one can be tricky.
This Harbor Compliance LLC service alternatives guide outlines the major pros and cons of their top competitors. How do these companies stack up next to Harbor Compliance?
IncFile opened in 2004, and they’ve helped over 150,000 customers since then. It’s extremely difficult to beat their low prices, and they also bundle in lots of valuable features. Let’s see how they compare to Harbor Compliance.
- Their base rate for LLC service is just $49 plus state fee, compared to Harbor Compliance’s starting price point of $399.
- Both IncFile and Harbor Compliance include a full year of registered agent service. While IncFile adds in a 30-minute business tax consultation, Harbor Compliance includes a federal tax ID number (EIN) and a sample LLC operating agreement. Harbor Compliance does have the advantage when it comes to features.
- IncFile has thousands of customer reviews across the web, and nearly all of them are highly positive. Harbor Compliance also gets great feedback, but they only have a few dozen reviews available online.
The other major differentiator between these two respected service providers is Harbor Compliance’s top-quality customer support. While IncFile has pretty standard support (sometimes including long wait times for responses), Harbor Compliance has premium customer service and assigns an employee to personally oversee each client account.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
Northwest Registered Agent has been in the business services industry since 1998, and since then they’ve served thousands of customers across the country. They’re a popular midsize company offering reasonably priced LLC formations, but do they compare favorably to Harbor Compliance?
- With prices for LLC service starting at $79, Northwest Registered Agent is certainly much cheaper than Harbor Compliance at $399, but not quite as inexpensive as IncFile’s $49 offering.
- Like Harbor Compliance, Northwest Registered Agent bundles in a full year of registered agent service with any LLC service. There are some differences in their feature sets otherwise though, as Harbor Compliance includes a federal tax ID number (EIN) and a sample LLC operating agreement, which are features that Northwest only includes in their top-shelf packages.
- Northwest Registered Agent and Harbor Compliance both offer premium customer support. Both companies assign employees to individually oversee each client account, which is obviously preferable to standard customer service.
Similar to Harbor Compliance’s customer reviews, Northwest Registered Agent has a small quantity of high-quality reviews. All told, Harbor Compliance and Northwest offer similar LLC services, but the price points are not similar at all.
Want to learn more about Northwest Registered Agent? Read our review.
While the previously discussed providers are all quite experienced, none of them can keep up with LegalZoom. Since their formation in 1999, they’ve served an incredible 4 million customers, and formed over 1 million LLCs. But does that mean they’re a better choice than Harbor Compliance?
- Their base rate of $149 plus state fee puts LegalZoom in between IncFile on the low end of the pricing scale and Harbor Compliance on the higher end.
- LegalZoom is the only one of the four service providers discussed in this guide that does not include a year of registered agent service with their LLC packages. They do provide a banking resolution to help you open business bank accounts, but that doesn’t make up for the lack of registered agent.
- If you’d rather not take time out of your busy workday to contact their service department, they have extended support hours that can be quite convenient. They’re open from 8am to 10pm ET Monday through Friday, and they’re available on weekends from 10am to 7pm ET.
One advantage LegalZoom has over the other options in this guide is their inclusion of a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re unsatisfied with their services, simply request a refund within 60 days of your purchase.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
Regardless of which one of these services you end up using, you’re going to receive efficient LLC formation service from a reputable company. Also, any of these four companies will save you hundreds of dollars over hiring an attorney to draft and file your articles of organization.
Each one of these providers has their own set of advantages compared to the others, and depending on your priorities you may have a different preference than we do. In general, IncFile has the lowest prices, while Harbor Compliance and Northwest Registered Agent have the best customer support. Last but not least, LegalZoom has the brand power and customer volume.
Overall, we prefer IncFile as the best alternative to Harbor Compliance. It’s hard to argue with IncFile’s potent combination of low prices and valuable features. No matter which of these companies you choose to help form your new LLC, we hope you find success in your future business endeavors!