Harbor Compliance LLC Service Alternatives (Our Top 3 Picks)
Do you need to form an LLC, but you’re not sure if Harbor Compliance is the best choice for LLC service? There are many companies offering assistance with the formation process, and choosing the right one can be tricky.
Harbor Compliance has only been open since 2012, but they’ve already served 10,000+ customers since then. Their calling card is their premium customer service, as they assign a Compliance Specialist to each client. Whenever you have questions or concerns, you can directly call or email your Specialist instead of phoning into an anonymous call center. Starting at $399 (plus state fee), their formation packages all include a full year of registered agent and any applicable state-specific compliance requirements.
This Harbor Compliance LLC service alternatives guide outlines the major pros and cons of their top competitors. How do these companies stack up next to Harbor Compliance?
IncFile opened in 2012, and they’ve helped over 150,000 customers since then. It’s extremely difficult to beat their low prices, and they also bundle in lots of valuable features. Let’s see how they compare to Harbor Compliance.
- Their base rate for LLC service is just $49 plus state fee, compared to Harbor Compliance’s starting price point of $399. IncFile includes a full year of registered agent with every formation, and their Gold package ($149 plus state fee) also bundles in a federal tax ID number (EIN) and custom operating agreement.
- IncFile has thousands of customer reviews across the web, and nearly all of them are highly positive. Harbor Compliance also gets great feedback, but they only have a handful of reviews available online.
- If you have any state-specific compliance requirements, like publishing your formation in a newspaper or filing an initial report, IncFile always lets you know. Harbor Compliance is one of the few providers that actually takes care of those steps for you, but many companies don’t even bother telling you that you may need them.
Finally, while IncFile doesn’t have the personalized customer support that Harbor Compliance offers, they do have helpful and friendly professional service reps. All told, IncFile is a great choice for LLC service.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
MyCompanyWorks has an experience level in between Harbor Compliance and IncFile. Since they opened in 2001, they’ve served over 50,000 businesses. They provide a personal touch that larger providers can’t offer, but they’re not quite on the level of Harbor Compliance’s support system of Compliance Specialists.
- With a base rate of $79 plus state fee, MyCompanyWorks can’t quite match IncFile’s low prices, but they’re still significantly less expensive than Harbor Compliance. To acquire a package with registered agent and an EIN through MyCompanyWorks, you’ll have a total cost of $279.
- MyCompanyWorks offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee with any product or service you purchase from them. If you’re less than entirely pleased with your LLC formation service, simply request a refund and they’ll pay back any service fees you paid to MyCompanyWorks.
- If you call or email them during business hours, they will usually get back to you in 20 minutes or less. This is a major advantage for MyCompanyWorks, seeing as some competitors don’t get back to you until the next day. For example, I have personally waited over 24 hours to get a response from IncFile.
MyCompanyWorks also provides LLC formation customers with a convenient checklist that guides you step by step through the formation process, helping you stay organized.
Want to learn more about MyCompanyWorks? Read our review.
While the previously discussed providers are all quite experienced, none of them can keep up with LegalZoom. Since their formation in 1999, they’ve served an incredible 4 million customers, with half of those being business clients.
- Their base rate of $149 plus state fee puts LegalZoom in between IncFile on the low end and Harbor Compliance on the higher end. LegalZoom does not supply registered agent service or EIN obtainment with any of their LLC formation packages, so you’ll need to order them separately. This brings your total up to $387.
- Despite these shortcomings, LegalZoom does still include some valuable features. All of their LLC service customers receive a banking resolution and a personalized operating agreement.
- If you’d rather not take time out of your busy workday to contact their service department, they have extended support hours that can be quite convenient. They’re open from 8am to 10pm ET Monday through Friday, and they’re available on weekends from 10am to 7pm ET.
In addition, like MyCompanyWorks, LegalZoom offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. They might not be the cheapest, or have the most features, but LegalZoom is still a strong choice for LLC service.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
Regardless of which one of these services you end up using, you’re going to receive efficient LLC formation service from a reputable company. Also, any of these 4 companies will save you hundreds of dollars over hiring an attorney to draft and file your articles of organization.
Each one of these providers has their own set of advantages compared to the others, and depending on your priorities you may have a different preference than I do. In general, IncFile has the lowest prices, while Harbor Compliance has the most personalized service. MyCompanyWorks has highly responsive customer support, and LegalZoom has the brand power.
Personally, I prefer IncFile as the best alternative to Harbor Compliance. It’s hard to argue with IncFile’s potent combination of low prices and valuable features.