EZ Incorporate vs IncFile (Who’s Your Best Bet?)
Are you looking to form a new LLC, but you don’t want to deal with the hassle of the DIY option? Fortunately, there are plenty of companies providing online LLC formation services these days, but it can be difficult to decide which one you should use.
This EZ Incorporate vs IncFile LLC service comparison takes a detailed look at the ways these companies are similar, and the characteristics that set them apart. Read on to find out which service provider is the right pick to form your LLC.
* Quick Note: If you would like to compare the top LLC services, we reviewed and ranked the best based on overall value-price-reliability. See Comparison.
5 Things They Have In Common
- Affordable: These service providers are both much cheaper than traditional law firms. If you hire a business lawyer to draft and file your formation articles, you’ll spend hundreds more than with companies like IncFile and EZ Incorporate.
- Customer Support: Still, it’s not all about saving money. Compared to the DIY route, EZ Incorporate and IncFile make it much easier to get your tough questions answered thanks to their extensive customer support networks. You won’t have to waste time searching for your own answers when their helpful service reps are just a phone call away.
- Fast Incorporation: Are you in a hurry to get your new LLC formed? No problem! For an additional fee, both EZ Incorporate and IncFile have expediting services available that can cut your turnaround times from weeks to just days in many states.
- Added Services: Do you need other business services beyond your formation? IncFile and EZ Incorporate provide many solutions for issues confronting your business. Whether you need registered agent service, a federal tax ID number (EIN), operating agreements or other services, they’ve got you covered. There’s no need to shop around when you’re dealing with these versatile companies.
- Security: Both of these service providers take your online safety seriously. They both use Authorize.net to protect your online purchases by verifying their merchant identities, and IncFile adds Norton Web Security coverage to defend against malware.
Side by Side Comparisons
With a base rate of $45 (plus state fee) for LLC formation service, EZ Incorporate has one of the lowest prices I’ve seen in this industry. It’s even more affordable than IncFile’s great $49 rate.
IncFile includes a full year of registered agent and a one-hour business tax consultation with any of theirLLC service packages. EZ Incorporate takes a different route, as they offer a basic standard package for all customers, and you can add other services on an a la carte basis.
EZ Incorporate is a relatively young company in this industry. They formed in 2012, but they’ve already helped thousands of customers with business solutions since then. IncFile has a bit more experience, as they’ve served over 150,000 clients since opening in 2004.
While both companies have pretty good support networks, I prefer EZ Incorporate. They have extended customer service hours that run from 9am-9pm ET on weekdays, which is two hours longer than IncFile answers the phone. Furthermore, I find that EZ Incorporate’s customer service reps are easier to get ahold of, as I’ve personally experienced wait times over 24 hours with IncFile.
IncFile and EZ Incorporate both have turnarounds based on your state of formation. For the most part, their processing times are quite similar, although you might want to check times for your specific state before making your purchase.
IncFile has a super-convenient order status tracking tool on their website that updates your progress in real time. EZ Incorporate doesn’t have a comparably flashy tool of their own, but you can check your status at any time by simply asking for an update.
Registered Agent Service
As I mentioned earlier, IncFile provides 12 months of registered agent service with any LLC formation, and they offer this service for $119 per year after that. EZ Incorporate offers registered agent on an a la carte basis, and they charge a $99 annual fee. (What is a Registered Agent?)
There isn’t a whole lot of feedback for EZ Incorporate, but what’s out there is almost entirely positive. While they have a few dozen positive reviews, IncFile has a couple thousand. It’s a big difference in volume, which isn’t surprising given their experience levels, but customers of both companies are largely quite satisfied with their purchases.
Ease of Use
In my opinion, IncFile’s website is a bit more streamlined and user-friendly, so I’ll give them the slight advantage over EZ Incorporate in this area.
EZ Incorporate and IncFile are both highly capable service providers that offer budget-friendly options for LLC formation service. Either of them can save you hundreds compared to hiring a business lawyer to draft and file your formation documents.
Because they’re both good companies and worthy of your business, some of you may remain undecided. With that in mind, let’s finish off this comparison by discussing scenarios that may sway your opinion one way or the other.
When To Choose EZ Incorporate:
Do you just need the absolute basics of formation, and want to save some money? Do you prefer to choose your own add-on features, as opposed to buying a package of bundled services? EZ Incorporate’s a la carte system might be right up your alley.
When To Choose IncFile:
Are you more comfortable using a service with thousands of customer reviews available? Perhaps you’re looking for a value-packed service package with lots of features? IncFile should be a great choice for your company.