EZ Incorporate LLC Service Review (Pros, Cons & More)
EZ Incorporate has broken through as a popular option for LLC formation services in recent years. With so many competitors in the industry, this isn’t an easy thing to do — especially since they only got into the business formation game in 2012.
So the question remains: what are they doing right? In this EZ Incorporate LLC service review, we’re going to take a look at what they’ve got going for them, and address any areas they fall short.
By the time we’re through, you’ll have all the information you need to decide whether or not EZ Incorporate is a good fit for your business.
Advantages & Disadvantages
Advantages of EZ Incorporate
- Starting at just $45 (plus state fee), EZ Incorporate’s rates for LLC formation services are the lowest on the market.
- Their LLC formation application is easy and streamlined, taking less than 10 minutes to fill out.
- They include a 100% satisfaction guarantee on any service you order. If you’re not happy for any reason, just ask for a refund within 60 days.
- Their customer support reps are available Monday through Saturday until 9pm (ET). This gives you the opportunity to contact them with any questions or concerns once you’re home for the day, rather than during work hours.
Disadvantages of EZ Incorporate
- While their base rate for LLC formation services is as cheap as it gets, some additional features are considerably more expensive than their competition. For example, they charge $199 for filing a DBA (Doing Business As), whereas many providers charge less than $100 for this service.
- Their platform could be more user friendly. Instead of listing their add-on features on a preliminary page, you have to navigate through the LLC formation application to figure out what extra services are available.
EZ Incorporate LLC Packages
While most other business formation providers offer a few pre-bundled package options, EZ Incorporate only offers a single LLC package and allows to you to add extra features on an à la carte basis.
For the base rate of $45, you’ll get the essentials: a business name availability check and full preparation/filing of your formation documents. Beyond that, they have a number of additional services available for purchase, including:
- Federal Tax ID or EIN ($89): Basically your business’ social security number. An EIN allows you to hire employees, file your company taxes, open a business bank account, and more. (Keep in mind you can get an EIN for free by applying directly through the IRS website.)
- Registered Agent ($99/year): A registered agent is responsible for receiving important legal documents on behalf of your business and forwarding them to you in a timely manner.
- Doing Business As or DBA name ($199): An alternate name (other than your primary business name) that you’re legally allowed to conduct business under.
- Custom Operating Agreement ($25): A document which outlines the ownership structure of your LLC.
- Seller’s Permit/Resale License ($199): If your business engages in wholesaling or retail sales, you’ll probably require a seller’s permit or resale license (depending on your state of formation).
- Custom LLC Kit & Seal ($159): An official, customized leather binder and seal for your LLC. A great way to house and authenticate your official documents, but not a legal requirement.
- Electronic File Delivery ($30): Scanned copies of your documents to be sent upon completion of formation with the state.
- Email Reminders of Compliance Deadlines ($25): An alert system to keep you aware of important filing deadlines like annual reports, business license renewals and more.
- Priority Mail Upgrade ($25): Upgrades standard shipping to USPS Priority Mail shipment.
Depending on the nature of your business, you may benefit from professional help with all of these features, or none at all. The majority of LLCs end up needing an EIN and a professional registered agent, but there are other ways to obtain these services than through a business formation provider.
What Are Other Entrepreneurs Saying?
Currently, they only have 14 reviews between Yelp and FaceBook. We always prefer to see more customer feedback than this, but on the plus side the reviews they do have are largely positive — they have an average of 4.5/5 stars on Yelp and 5/5 on FaceBook.
By scrolling through their customer feedback, which is always a good idea to do, you’ll see that EZ Incorporate’s customers enjoy the efficiency and simplicity of their services. While it would be nice to see more feedback overall, it’s still impressive that they’ve only received two negative reviews throughout their five years in business.
Should You Use EZ Incorporate?
EZ Incorporate is a reliable service, but they’re not the perfect fit for every business. To wrap things up, let’s look at a couple scenarios when you may or may not want to use their services.
When to Use EZ Incorporate
If you want an inexpensive, easily customizable formation package, EZ Incorporate will be totally capable of handling your LLC formation. Their extended customer service hours are also a major plus for many entrepreneurs.
When NOT to Use EZ Incorporate
If you’re looking for quite a few additional features, you might be better off finding a provider that bundles them in a lower-cost package rather than using EZ Incorporate’s à la carte method.
EZ Incorporate has a lot of things working in their favor, which is why they’re such a viable option for LLC formation even though they’re a relatively fresh face in the industry. If you want to weigh your options, head over to our top 7 LLC providers list to make some quick comparisons. Alternatively, if you’re ready to form your LLC with EZ Incorporate, you can get started at any time.