CorpNet vs BizFilings (How Do They Compare?)
Are you looking to form a new LLC, but you don’t have experience with the DIY option?
Do you also lack the budget to invest hundreds or even thousands of dollars to hire a lawyer to form your LLC? Service providers like CorpNet and BizFilings exist to fill this gap between forming your own LLC and hiring an attorney, but how are you supposed to decide which one to use?
In this CorpNet vs BizFilings comparison guide, we’ll walk you through a close look at each company’s pros and cons, in an effort to help you choose which one might be the right service provider for you.
CorpNet and BizFilings are two of our favorite LLC formation service providers. They’re both highly respected and reliable companies, and they’re both quite capable of forming your LLC. However, overall we feel like CorpNet has a couple of advantages that make them a slightly better option for most of our readers.
First and foremost, CorpNet receives fantastic customer feedback, with hundreds of reviews available online, and very few negative reviews among them. As for BizFilings, they have such a small volume of feedback available that it’s impossible to do any analysis on it. Furthermore, CorpNet has a 100% satisfaction guarantee that allows you to request a refund for any reason, whereas BizFilings will only give you a refund if they make a mistake in your filing.
If you still need to learn more about these service providers before making your decision, read on as we dive into the details of what they share in common and what sets them apart.
7 Things They Have In Common
1) Affordable: Both of these service providers can save you a significant amount of money compared to hiring a lawyer to draft and file your articles of organization. When you consider the fact that an LLC isn’t a very complicated business structure, you may not even need the attorney’s expertise anyway.
2) Customer Support: Everyone loves saving money, but you also don’t want to be left on your own to handle your LLC formation. Thankfully, both CorpNet and BizFilings have extensive customer service departments that can answer even your toughest questions quickly and accurately.
3) Experience: No one wants some fly-by-night company to form their new LLC. Experience matters! BizFilings and CorpNet have each formed thousands of LLCs over the years, so you can rest assured that they’ll do a great job with your formation as well.
4) Efficiency: If you need your formation completed in a hurry, don’t worry! CorpNet and BizFilings both offer expedited processing options that can dramatically speed up your turnaround time ― for an additional cost, of course.
5) Guaranteed Services: BizFilings guarantees their services to be free of defects and filed quickly. If you discover at any time ― whether it’s tomorrow or years from now ― that they failed to live up to this promise, they will correct the mistake or provide a refund. CorpNet’s 100% satisfaction guarantee is even more impressive, as they’ll refund your money for any reason if you request it within 60 days of purchase.
6) Registered Agent Service: Every LLC needs to designate a registered agent to receive and forward your official government documents, and both of these service providers include trials of their registered agent service in their LLC formation packages. While CorpNet only provides a 60-day trial in their cheapest formation package, compared to the six months offered by BizFilings, it’s nice to be able to try before you buy.
7) Security: Online security is a big deal these days, and it’s no surprise that these two service providers take your safety seriously when you’re on their websites. CorpNet and BizFilings both protect their sites with Norton Web Security, and CorpNet even goes a step further, verifying their merchant identity with GoDaddy’s Verify Security.
Side by Side Comparisons
This category is pretty close for these two companies. While CorpNet charges $108 (plus state fee) for their baseline formation package, BizFilings has a slightly lower price point of $99. (See Details)
The essential elements of LLC formation are included with both of these service providers, which means you’ll get a business name availability check, along with the drafting and filing of your articles of organization. Beyond the basics, BizFilings includes six months each of their registered agent service and their online compliance management tool.
CorpNet adds a similar suite of features to their base-rate package, including just 60 days of registered agent, but with lifetime access to their corporate compliance tool.
BizFilings has a high level of experience, as they’ve completed over 500,000 business filings since they opened in 2001. CorpNet’s ownership group got into the business services industry back in 1997, and since then they’ve helped form over 100,000 companies. In short, both of these service providers have a really respectable amount of experience.
CorpNet and BizFilings both have strong customer service departments, but we’ll give the nod to CorpNet because they’re one of only a few companies that offer bilingual support during their full hours of availability. Aside from that, both of these companies have friendly and professional support reps, and they’re also both quite responsive to your messages. CorpNet’s representatives are available from 10am to 8pm ET on weekdays, and you can contact BizFilings from 9am to 8pm ET on weekdays.
For the most part, turnaround times for these two service providers are relatively similar. The big difference comes if you choose to expedite your order, because BizFilings charges an extra $60 for all expedited orders, on top of whatever your state charges. This is clearly a huge advantage for CorpNet, because all that $60 fee gets you from BizFilings is a promise that they’ll process your order before unexpedited orders.
Both of these companies make it quite easy to keep track of which step your formation is currently in at any given time. With either CorpNet or BizFilings, all you need to do is log into your account on their website to get the info you need regarding order tracking. This category is a true toss-up.
Registered Agent Service
CorpNet only includes a 60-day trial of their registered agent service with their $108 Basic package, although their $228 Deluxe and $249 Complete packages both include a full year of registered agent. As for BizFilings, they provide six months of registered agent with all of their formation packages.
Beyond your initial period, CorpNet charges $149 per year to serve as your registered agent, and so does BizFilings. Just to be clear, this is a high price point for registered agent service, and most of their competitors can beat it quite easily. (What is a registered agent?)
The biggest difference between CorpNet and BizFilings is the fact that CorpNet has a large volume of customer reviews available online, and they’re nearly all positive. They have almost 400 reviews, and the vast majority of them are highly complimentary. CorpNet’s customers are clearly big fans of what they have to offer.
When it comes to BizFilings’ customer feedback, the big issue is that they don’t really have any. Despite the fact that they have hundreds of thousands of customers, we were able to find just three reviews for BizFilings anywhere online. It’s such a small sample of feedback that it’s essentially impossible to analyze. This category is a massive advantage for CorpNet.
Ease of Use
These service providers both have a high ease of use, with intuitive and user-friendly websites, and services that are super-simple to leverage. This category is another one that’s pretty much dead even between CorpNet and BizFilings.
Which is the Best LLC Website for You?
With either CorpNet or BizFilings, you’ll receive a reliable and compliant LLC formation at a fraction of the price of a lawyer’s fees. Either way, we think you’ll be quite satisfied with the service and support you receive from these companies.
That said, we would understand if some of you are still undecided. With this in mind, we’ll wrap up this comparison by taking a quick look at some of the main reasons why customers choose one over the other. No matter which one you choose to form your LLC, we wish you the best of luck!
Choose CorpNet if You Are:
Do you place a high value on customer reviews? Are you interested in expediting your order? Does their 100% satisfaction guarantee appeal to you? These are some of the reasons customers like you choose CorpNet to form their LLCs.
Choose BizFilings if You Are:
Do you want six months of registered agent with formation costs around $100? Are you interested in using a company with a high volume of customers? BizFilings should fit your needs.