CorpNet LLC Service Alternatives (Top 3 Picks)
Are you ready to start an LLC, but you could use some assistance with the formation process? Companies like CorpNet can provide LLC services at fair rates, but how are you supposed to figure out which one has the pricing and features you’re looking for?
Since they started offering LLC service in 1997, CorpNet’s ownership group has served 100,000+ businesses. They offer formation service starting at $108, and if you want to bundle registered agent and a federal tax ID number (EIN) in with your formation it costs a total of $228, which is a strong price point. They also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and they get excellent customer feedback.
This CorpNet LLC service alternatives guide is structured to give you a look at 3 of their top competitors. Is one of them a better fit for your business?
IncFile and CorpNet are similarly sized companies, as IncFile has over 150,000 clients served since 2004. IncFile has quite a few pros and not many cons, so let’s see how they stack up when compared to CorpNet.
- Their starting rate of just $49 (plus state fee) is just about the cheapest LLC service available online. Even though their formation packages are so affordable doesn’t mean they’re short on features though, as they include a full year of registered agent with any LLC formation package. If you also want EIN obtainment and an operating agreement, you can upgrade to their Gold package which is $149.
- If you value strong customer feedback, IncFile is the company for you. They don’t just have hundreds of reviews, they have thousands available across the web, and they still maintain sparkling average ratings. Their customers are nearly unanimous in their praise of IncFile.
- In some states, you may need to file an initial report or publish notice of your formation in a local newspaper. IncFile does a good job of keeping you informed of these state-specific requirements, and they also provide state-by-state turnaround time estimates for both normal and expedited processing.
Considering that they also have strong customer support, IncFile checks pretty much every possible box for entrepreneurs looking for LLC service. Still, no one provider will be the best pick for every single business formation, so let’s peruse some other options as well.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
While the providers we’ve discussed previously all have a solid level of experience, LegalZoom is one of the industry leaders. They handle a huge volume of customers, with 4 million served since 1999, and about half of those customers are business clients. How do they compare otherwise?
- Their base rate of $79 is a bit more affordable than CorpNet. Unfortunately, that price does not include registered agent or EIN obtainment — and neither do any of their higher-priced LLC service packages — so you’ll need to add those features a la carte.
- They offer extended customer service hours that run from 8am to 10pm ET Monday through Friday, and they’re also available on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 7pm ET. This can really help if you don’t want to take time out of your operating hours to get your questions answered.
LegalZoom has a clear advantage over the competition when it comes to brand power and customer volume. Additionally, they also offer a satisfaction guarantee which removes the risk from purchasing their products and services.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
MyCompanyWorks has plenty of experience, but they’re not quite on the level of IncFile or LegalZoom, as they’ve formed 50,000+ businesses since 2001. As a somewhat smaller company, their customers enjoy the personal touch they’re able to provide, as well as some other advantages.
- MyCompanyWorks starts their LLC service at a price point of $79 (before state fee). For an additional $200, you can jump up to a package that includes registered agent and an EIN, bringing your total to $279.
- Any service you purchase from MyCompanyWorks is covered by their 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Some of their competitors can take a full 24 hours to respond to your questions and concerns. On the other hand, MyCompanyWorks typically gets back to you within 20 minutes if you call or email them during business hours.
Finally, you won’t need to be concerned about missing a step in the formation process. MyCompanyWorks supplies their customers with a step-by-step LLC formation checklist that ensures you’re aware of any additional requirements.
Want to learn more about MyCompanyWorks? Read our review.
All of these companies share some common ground, like their ability to efficiently form your compliant LLC. They’re also all capable of saving you a significant sum of money over hiring a traditional law firm to draft and file your formation documents.
Depending on your priorities, you may prefer one of these providers over the others. IncFile has the best price points, while LegalZoom has the experience advantage. CorpNet offers well-rounded services, while MyCompanyWorks hangs their hat on speedy service.
If I had to pick a favorite CorpNet alternative, I would probably choose IncFile. Their low prices and quality features are a great combination for any entrepreneur.