BizFilings LLC Service Alternatives (Top 3 Options)
Are you in the process of forming a new LLC, but you’re not thrilled about going the DIY route?
That’s exactly why companies like BizFilings exist, to assist you with LLC formation and many other business services, but how do you pick the right one?
This BizFilings LLC service alternatives guide is structured to give you a quick look at 3 of their most popular competitors. Which provider is the best choice to form your new company?
IncFile doesn’t have as much experience as BizFilings’ 500,000+ business formations, but with over 150,000 clients served since 2004, they have a respectable experience level as well. They boast some of the lowest prices for LLC service online, and they also include some valuable features that other companies make you pay extra for.
- They offer formation service for just $49 (plus state fee), which is one of the lowest prices in the industry, and less than half as expensive as BizFilings’ $99 base rate.
- Both IncFile and BizFilings include registered agent service with their LLC formation packages, but IncFile provides a full year, whereas BizFilings only includes six months.
- Whereas BizFilings doesn’t have many customer reviews online, IncFile has thousands of them. Furthermore, nearly all of their reviews are overwhelmingly positive. IncFile really is quite popular with their customers.
Finally, IncFile also has a solid reputation for customer service, with their knowledgeable support agents ― although their response times can leave something to be desired. Overall, IncFile is a popular choice for a reason, as they offer fully featured LLC formation service at prices that few competitors can touch.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
Northwest Registered Agent is one of our favorite LLC service providers. Since they formed in 1998, they’ve served thousands of satisfied business customers, carving out a niche for themselves in the business services industry. How do they compare to BizFilings?
- Northwest Registered Agent’s pricing for LLC formation service starts at $69, which isn’t as affordable as IncFile’s $49 price point, but is certainly cheaper than the $99 you’d pay with BizFilings.
- Like IncFile, Northwest includes a full year of registered agent, compared to the six months provided by BizFilings. In addition, Northwest Registered Agent is the only major service provider that locally scans every single document they receive on your behalf ― most competitors only scan official government forms.
- If you want premium customer service, Northwest Registered Agent is an excellent option. Every Northwest client gets personalized support from one of their helpful and professional Corporate Guides. This person guides you through each step of the LLC formation process, and if you have any questions you can contact them directly via phone or email.
Northwest Registered Agent also gets nearly flawless reviews from their customers, and although they only have a few dozen reviews available online, it’s certainly a larger volume of feedback than BizFilings, which has just three customer reviews on the entire internet.
Want to learn more about Northwest Registered Agent? Read our review.
Even compared to the relatively experienced providers we’ve already discussed, LegalZoom is a true industry giant. They’ve served nearly 4 million customers — and formed over 1 million LLCs — since they opened in 1999. How do they stack up to BizFilings beyond experience?
- LegalZoom’s base rate of $149 plus state fee is on the higher end of online LLC services, as it’s about 50% more expensive than the $99 price point offered by BizFilings.
- In addition, LegalZoom is the only service provider in this guide that does not include any registered agent service with their LLC formation packages. If you would like them to serve as your registered agent, you’ll need to add on another $159 to your total.
- One highly popular aspect of LegalZoom’s platform is their extended service hours. From 8am-10pm ET on weekdays and 10am-7pm ET on weekends, you can reach their support representatives via phone or email. No competitor has comparable support availability hours. By contrast, BizFilings representatives are available from 9am to 8pm ET on weekdays, and not at all on weekends.
Finally, they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee that is the strongest refund policy in this guide. BizFilings guarantees their filings against their own mistakes, but LegalZoom allows you to get a refund at any time and for any reason within 60 days of your purchase.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
All of these service providers are wholly capable of forming your new LLC. Furthermore, any of the four can save you hundreds of dollars over hiring a traditional law firm to draft and file your articles of organization.
Each of these companies has their own distinct advantages and disadvantages. IncFile has the lowest prices, while BizFilings is generally well-rounded. Northwest Registered Agent has awesome customer support, whereas LegalZoom boasts incredible popularity.
If we had to choose one preferred alternative to BizFilings, we would pick IncFile. They have the always-appealing combination of low prices and great features, which any entrepreneur should be quite interested in. Whichever company you pick to be your LLC service provider, we wish you the best of luck!