BizFilings LLC Service Alternatives (Top 3 Options)
Are you in the process of forming a new LLC, but you’re not thrilled about going the DIY route? That’s exactly why companies like BizFilings exist, to assist you with LLC formation and many other business services, but how do you pick the right one?
BizFilings has formed hundreds of thousands of businesses since they opened in 1996. They offer LLC service starting at $99 plus state fee, and they include 6 months of registered agent with any formation package. BizFilings doesn’t have many customer reviews, and their upper-tier formation packages are not recommended, but their base formation package is a popular choice for entrepreneurs.
This BizFilings LLC service alternatives guide is structured to give you a quick look at 3 of their most popular competitors. Which provider is the best choice to form your new company?
IncFile has a similar level of experience to BizFilings, with over 100,000 clients served since 2004. They boast some of the lowest prices for LLC service online, and they also include some valuable features that other companies make you pay extra for.
- They offer formation service for just $49 (plus state fee), which is one of the lowest prices in the industry. IncFile even includes a full year of registered agent at this price point, and if you purchase their Gold package for $149 they’ll add a federal tax ID number (EIN) and custom operating agreement.
- Whereas BizFilings doesn’t have many customer reviews online, IncFile has thousands of them. Furthermore, nearly all of their reviews are overwhelmingly positive. IncFile really is quite popular with their customers.
- In some states, you may need to take extra steps to complete your compliant formation. For example, you might need to publish proof of your formation in a local newspaper, or file an initial report. IncFile always lets you know if your state requires you to take any further steps when forming your LLC.
Finally, IncFile also has a good reputation for customer service, with their knowledgeable support agents. IncFile is a popular choice for a reason, as they offer fully featured LLC formation service at prices that few competitors can touch.
Want to learn more about IncFile? Read our review.
MyCompanyWorks isn’t quite as big of a company as BizFilings or IncFile, but with 50,000+ businesses formed since 2001 they still have plenty of experience. They offer their customers more of a personal touch that a “big business” provider can’t supply.
- With a $79 (plus state fee) starting price point, MyCompanyWorks’ base rate falls in between those of BizFilings and IncFile. For $279, they offer a package that also includes registered agent and EIN obtainment.
- MyCompanyWorks offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee with your LLC formation. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, all you need to do is ask and they’ll refund your service fees. It’s nice to have this safety net.
- If you contact MyCompanyWorks via email or phone during business hours, they almost always respond within 20 minutes. Some of their competitors can take an entire business day to get back to you.
As an extra bonus, MyCompanyWorks also provides a checklist for your formation. This is a step-by-step LLC service overview that ensures you never miss an important phase of your LLC formation process.
Want to learn more about MyCompanyWorks? Read our review.
Even compared to the relatively experienced providers we’ve already discussed, LegalZoom is a true industry giant. They’ve served nearly 4 million customers — about half of which were business clients — since they formed in 1999. How do they stack up to BizFilings beyond experience?
- LegalZoom’s base rate of $149 plus state fee is on the higher end of online LLC services. They also don’t include an EIN or registered agent with any of their 3 formation packages. If you want those features, which most businesses need, you’ll spend $387.
- Just because you’ll likely need to add features on doesn’t mean your formation package is without value as is. Every LegalZoom LLC service customer receives a custom operating agreement and a banking resolution.
- One highly popular aspect of LegalZoom’s platform is their extended service hours. From 8am-10pm ET on weekdays and 10am-7pm ET on weekends, you can reach their support representatives via phone or email. No competitor has comparable support availability hours.
Finally, they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee like the one provided by MyCompanyWorks. If you don’t mind paying a bit more for your LLC service, LegalZoom’s experience level isn’t a bad thing to spend it on.
Want to learn more about LegalZoom? Read our review.
All of these service providers are wholly capable of forming your new LLC. That said, any of the 4 can save you hundreds of dollars over hiring a traditional law firm to draft and file your articles of organization.
Each of these companies has their own distinct advantages and disadvantages. IncFile has the lowest prices, while BizFilings is generally well-rounded. MyCompanyWorks has efficient support, whereas LegalZoom boasts incredible popularity.
If I had to choose one preferred alternative to BizFilings, I would pick IncFile. They have the always-appealing combination of low prices and great features, which any entrepreneur should be quite interested in.